Peanut butter

Options
OK so I have a question does anyone know of any healthier peanut butter? or if its healthier to make your own? I have lost and gained a lot of weight eating peanut butter in the past. But now i wanna lose weight since I have a leg brace so i was thinking about adding shakes and peanut butter and vegies. Any ideas?

Replies

• BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    I toss a little PB2 in my smoothies. PB2 is powdered peanut butter with much of the fat removed.

http://www.bellplantation.com/products/1-case-jar-pb2.html
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I use one from myprotein, or meridans, both have no added salt/sugar

so they are basically squashed nuts, i dont know if you have those though.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter. I eat it every day:)
  • bpwparents
    bpwparents Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I've switched to Natural peanut butter. It has less fat & less calories but it's still in moderation. I'll add it sometimes to smoothies but just a tsp. PB is so good but it needs to still be in moderation.
  • kliermann
    kliermann Posts: 514
    Options
    I toss a little PB2 in my smoothies. PB2 is powdered peanut butter with much of the fat removed.

I bought this before on amazon when i was in turkey but I got injured before trying it is it good? also have you tried using it like peanut butter at all?
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    I rarely use it as peanut butter, it's OK just don't expect it to be like real PB. A tablespoon in my almond milk with some flax seeds works for me. That said, if my calories and macros allow for it, I will have regular peanut butter. No need to fear the fat.
  • tnq1019
    tnq1019 Posts: 65
    Options
    i love the choc pb2 and also theres one from trader joes speculoos gingerbread cookie..its amazingggg but not super healthy same calories n values as regular 180 but its life changing
  • SaffSaad
    SaffSaad Posts: 81
    Options
    I eat peanut butter almost every day. you're not going to put on weight if you eat it, just make sure it fits in your daily calorie limit. As for which brand is better just check the ingredients and make sure no rubbish is added to it. I personally like the whole earth range (no added sugar).
  • nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    PB2 is good, but don't expect it to be just like peanut butter. It comes in powder form, so you would add water to make it spreadable. If you like the sweetness of peanut butter, then add a little splenda. Add less water to make it thicker and more water to thin it out more. People use it in their protein shakes. I never did anything but spread on low cal toast. Definitely less fat!!!
  • kliermann
    Options
    I use one from myprotein, or meridans, both have no added salt/sugar

so they are basically squashed nuts, i dont know if you have those though.

I have never heard of these nor can I find them on amazon. Is there another name for them or is that the brand?
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    There are lots of brands of natural pb. I use Adams. If it says anything more than peanuts and salt, stay away from it.
  • kliermann
    Options
    PB2 is good, but don't expect it to be just like peanut butter. It comes in powder form, so you would add water to make it spreadable. If you like the sweetness of peanut butter, then add a little splenda. Add less water to make it thicker and more water to thin it out more. People use it in their protein shakes. I never did anything but spread on low cal toast. Definitely less fat!!!

Thanks!!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    peanut butter is good for smearing all over the body.
  • 1bjh
    1bjh Posts: 1
    Options
    have you tried Almond Butter..extremely healthy!
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Like anything, as long as its in moderation, eating peanut butter shouldn't interfere with your weight loss goals. Natural peanut butter tends to have more protein and less sugar, but if your using it a tablespoon at a time in your shakes, I think even using the full fat real stuff isn't going to harm you as long as you account for it.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    peanut butter is good for smearing all over the body.

This wouldn't work for me. My dog licks peanut butter off my fingers, I can't even imagine getting tackled by him and getting slobbered on.

And I just love the cheapest peanut butter at the store, that has the oil separation.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I use all natural peanut butter (from Smuckers). Only ingredients are peanuts and less than 1% salt. It's very healthy. Yes, peanut butter is high in fat (and therefore calories), but it's healthy fat. There's absolutely nothing wrong with eating peanut butter in moderation. I eat it at least once a day!
  • freebird777
    Options
    From what I've been told, peanut butter is great but not the Skippy or Jif kind....those are full of additives and sugar. I usually buy natural or grind my own at Whole Foods. Still measure it out though.
  • kharper85
    kharper85 Posts: 44 Member
    Options

This!
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I use all natural peanut butter (from Smuckers). Only ingredients are peanuts and less than 1% salt. It's very healthy. Yes, peanut butter is high in fat (and therefore calories), but it's healthy fat. There's absolutely nothing wrong with eating peanut butter in moderation. I eat it at least once a day!

I LOVE the Smucker's peanut butter. It is SOOOOO good!