Peanut butter

Options

Replies

• kliermann
    kliermann Posts: 514
    Options
    I've switched to Natural peanut butter. It has less fat & less calories but it's still in moderation. I'll add it sometimes to smoothies but just a tsp. PB is so good but it needs to still be in moderation.

Are you talking about the one that looks like it has an inch of oil on the top?
  • lovemitch125
    lovemitch125 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    All Natural low sodium Peanut Butter by JIF. Tastes the same as any other peanut butter I've ever had. Really delicious :)
  • WandaMM1
    WandaMM1 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I use all natural peanut butter (from Smuckers). Only ingredients are peanuts and less than 1% salt. It's very healthy. Yes, peanut butter is high in fat (and therefore calories), but it's healthy fat. There's absolutely nothing wrong with eating peanut butter in moderation. I eat it at least once a day!

I totally agree. I use the Smuckers PB on a rice cake when I needs something I consider a "treat". I use PB2 in my protein and meal replacement shakes. All the protein and flavor of regular PB but WAY less fat/calories.
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options

I have never heard of these nor can I find them on amazon. Is there another name for them or is that the brand?

apologies Meridian http://www.amazon.co.uk/Meridian-Natural-Crunchy-Peanut-Butter/dp/B00A79CJNA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1365778016&sr=8-1&keywords=peanut+butter+meridian

myprotein peanut butter is just got from myprotein.com

both do almond and cashew butter too (and meridians hazelnut butter is delish also)
  • Coltsman4ever
    Coltsman4ever Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I use all natural peanut butter (from Smuckers). Only ingredients are peanuts and less than 1% salt. It's very healthy. Yes, peanut butter is high in fat (and therefore calories), but it's healthy fat. There's absolutely nothing wrong with eating peanut butter in moderation. I eat it at least once a day!

I use this too and it tastes great!
    I eat peanut butter almost every day. Love it!
  • kliermann
    Options
    i love the choc pb2 and also theres one from trader joes speculoos gingerbread cookie..its amazingggg but not super healthy same calories n values as regular 180 but its life changing

didnt know they had a choc PB2 hah ill have to try that!! And that other one your talkin about is$20!!!! How do you afford $20 for peanut butter lol
  • kliermann
    Options
    have you tried Almond Butter..extremely healthy!
    honestly i didnt know thay made it...I will have to look into that as well cause I do eat almonds.
  • kliermann
    Options
    peanut butter is good for smearing all over the body.

This wouldn't work for me. My dog licks peanut butter off my fingers, I can't even imagine getting tackled by him and getting slobbered on.

And I just love the cheapest peanut butter at the store, that has the oil separation.

Alright I seen the oil seperated ones why do they do that? is it more healthy???
  • katythemommy
    katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    The all natural peanut butters from Jif, Skippy, etc taste great and have no hydrogenated oils or HFCS. Peanut butter is good for you!!! In moderation!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Just eat natural peanut butter...nothing but peanuts...maybe some salt if you like that. Keep in mind that peanut butter has a lot of fat...good heart healthy fat, but fat none-the-less. This makes for a very calorie dense treat, so you just have to be careful in RE to calories. I eat peanut butter pretty much daily.
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I go with natural Jif or all natural Almond butter. When I can afford it...I get Sunbutter (sunflower seed butter)...it's pretty much the best thing I've ever tasted lol Sorry...I got a little off topic..

I use PB2 in shakes and yogurt...as an additive to things for flavor...but using it as peanut butter usually leaves me disappointed. I'd rather walk for 30 mins to earn myself a serving of good PB to put on my toast than bother with that stuff... the taste is similar..sort of...but the real stuff is the best.

PB is high in calories and fat but it's not all bad...eat in moderation and enjoy!
  • laurie41565
    laurie41565 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I toss a little PB2 in my smoothies. PB2 is powdered peanut butter with much of the fat removed.

http://www.bellplantation.com/products/1-case-jar-pb2.html

This ^ Absolutely LOVE the stuff!! Just got my first shipment of the chocolate to try too!!
  • _Witsy_
    Options

This wouldn't work for me. My dog licks peanut butter off my fingers, I can't even imagine getting tackled by him and getting slobbered on.

And I just love the cheapest peanut butter at the store, that has the oil separation.

Alright I seen the oil seperated ones why do they do that? is it more healthy???

Generally speaking....oil on top means less/no processing to the product....so this is a good thing...just got a stir it back in.
  • kliermann
    Options
    Thanks!
  • jaf320
    jaf320 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter way too much to stop eating it BUT I always measure it when I eat it. I can pretty accurately eyeball a lot of foods but PB is NOT one of them :-) I use natural PB (just peanuts with a touch of salt-nothing else)-Kroger brand is actually one of my faves-and have come to enjoy its roasted flavor far more than that of the Jif/Skippy/etc I ate a few years ago.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options

Generally speaking....oil on top means less/no processing to the product....so this is a good thing...just got a stir it back in.

Or, if you are like me, and like thicker peanut butter, you can always pour it off.

And for those that are worried about fat, it will decrease the fat a bit (probably not a whole lot, though).
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I make my own.. research what's allowed to be in peanut butter and you may never eat it again.

I blend raw peanuts (unsalted) and add in a tiny bit of oil or water if it needs it. I make smaller batches at a time so it doesn't go bad. I prefer homemade peanut butter and will never consume commerically made peanut butter again.

I have also made my own form of PB2. I grind peanuts really small and mix in a bit of cocoa powder. I just add a bit of water when I want some peanut butter.
  • _Witsy_
    Options
    For the record...I'm not sitting at my desk with my Jif jar and a spoon.

:love:
  • kliermann
    Options

I totally agree. I use the Smuckers PB on a rice cake when I needs something I consider a "treat". I use PB2 in my protein and meal replacement shakes. All the protein and flavor of regular PB but WAY less fat/calories.

thanks for the idea but beer is my treat :P lol
  • kliermann
    Options
    For the record...I'm not sitting at my desk with my Jif jar and a spoon.

:love:

haha im sittin at my desk with a kick start...dont like it btw just tryin it out