30 day shredders???

Options
13»

Replies

• PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 3 :) I'm loving it, but yes, I am quite sore.
    I have a question for whoever wants to answer, when did you take a "rest day"?
    Just curious :flowerforyou:
  • jessliz90
    jessliz90 Posts: 21
    Options
    Just finished Day 3 of Level 1. Feeling it, but not as much as I anticipated. I'm very glad I am still doing my cardio on the side!! 2.5 mile run today in 30 minutes. Wish me luck for a good time!
  • Harshberger24
    Options
    today is my day 5 its already getting easier to keep up, the worst part for me when starting, the first 3 days get ready to be in so much pain, it hurt to even squat my booty onto the potty! legs hurt the worst but my whole body felt like it had been hit by a semi-truck.
    And its deceiving pain, it don't get bad until the middle of the night, and so on. ( I started this last Wednesday but skipped the weekend so I started counting days this Monday.) I have already lost a couple lbs AND several inches off my whole body, 2 off my bust, about 1.5 off waist and about 2 off my thighs 1 off my biceps! I am using 2lbs hand weights & going to be stepping up to 4lbs as soon as I get to the store to buy them :)

Good luck!

That is so awesome!!! I am so sore today and I could barely finish day 1. I am an athlete (or was) and was shocked at how out of shape I was... Sad... But excited to see Improvement!!
  • vhallam
    vhallam Posts: 4
    Options
    The plan is to start Monday! Just finished INSANITY so was giving myself the weekend off. Keep posting, interested in hearing this.
  • anna_louise90
    anna_louise90 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I just finished level 1 today, and I've seen an improvement in my strength, and am much more toned around the hips/waist area! I've decided to move onto level 2, even though I can't do all of the full body pushups (can only do 1 round, then do modified on the second time around) as I'm getting a bit bored! I would include other exercise as well though for faster results.
  • MUNCH42
    MUNCH42 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Day 3 today I think it is getting slightly easier! feel free to add me.
  • cleback
    cleback Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'm on L2D6 today. I haven't noticed any changes in my body appearance-wise yet. I've actually gained weight since doing it (only about a pound, but still). No changes in measurements either. But, on the other hand, I do not have a lot to lose... I was also relatively in shape before starting (although I do not have any arm or shoulder muscles... all the strength moves kill me!). So eh. I will say this, the workouts have taken my fitness to another level. I'm now running 8 min miles for 4 miles. Never done that before. Now swimming doesn't strain my shoulders as much. So, even if I don't "see" my results, I'd highly recommend 30DS to improve your fitness level.
  • CyeRyn
    CyeRyn Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I picked up the DVD yesterday and started Lvl1. A bit sore today but it feels good!
  • JoRumbles
    JoRumbles Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I started level 3 today and spent a lot of the time going "you want me to do WHAT???". Made it to the end though- I'm still following Anita mind you!

Didn't loose any weight at all the week with it, but I think I have been eating too much the last week (we ended up having a couple of takeaways and I think I underestimated how many calories were in them). Week before I lost 5lb, so hoping for better result this week.

My legs are in great shape though! I've got the skinny jeans out!
  • alisonjayne1989
    alisonjayne1989 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am finding the shred amazing. I set myself the goal to complete the 30 days and so far im on D2L2 I thought level 1 was tough and my body ached like hell but trust me it got easier. Level 2 is seriously wooping my *kitten* ist a lot of planking and i have no upper body strengh at all. Still pushing through Ill only be letting myself down if i dont do it. T

PROS - Really quick over in no time. I really like the 321 approach Jillian has. Also, going from 0 exercise to the shred was a good way to start.

CONS - My ankles and kneew have started to become really sore but the more weight i loose im hoping this will give up.
  • LauriePar
    LauriePar Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I am on level 2/day 4. Am getting used to the planks now. Each level does get easier the more days you do it. I use 6 pound weights and feel a lot stronger now.
  • beckyzalldat
    beckyzalldat Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    omg im on day 2 only....level one so pleaseee anyone feel free to add me so we could moan together lol
  • cincigina
    cincigina Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am on Level 1, Day 4. The first couple of days were brutal and I couldn't even bend down to sit or go potty. I took a day off after the first three days and got back to it today and I can totally tell the difference in my my stamina and strength, just in these few days. Jillian's right, anyone can do it, you just have to push yourself.
  • LinzJA
    LinzJA Posts: 16
    Options
    omg im on day 2 only....level one so pleaseee anyone feel free to add me so we could moan together lol
    Lol I think I just saw you post on youtube while i was doing my shred workout...way to keep at it! :)
  • siany01
    siany01 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I haven't been on here for a long time, just use the app on my phone for recording and wotnot. I have been browsing here the last few days though as I started doing the shred 12 days ago so day 2 level 2 today. I am loving it, not whilst doing it and I have called Jillian a fair few names thus far :) I am sure she will get called worse in level 3. I have found my knee hurts on level 2 (it was my shoulder on level 1)so hoping that isn't going to hold me back.

This is the only work out DVD I have stuck to and not quit after a few days and I am excited to do it each day, which is great for me :)
  • kazmurphblin
    kazmurphblin Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    its about 300 cals for 30 minutes with 3kg weights
  • insanecowgirl
    Options
    Starting this today.
    Hopefully I can do it along with going to the gym.
    Feel free to add me for support and motivation :)
  • fyoufat
    fyoufat Posts: 85
    Options
    I'm pretty fat lol and have been doing the shred and logging it as circuit training which gave me 317 calories burned for 20 mins. I use 5 pound weights and don't think it is too challenging but I am only on day 8 level 1. (I had to start over a few times though. I still thought it seemed like I burned 317 calories because I was sweaty and out of breath but never sore. I recently got a HRM and it says I only burned 215 calories! my heart rate avg was 148 so just beware at how you log it. Still an awesome workout, challening enough so it is doable and I notice my endurance is way better.
    It makes me wonder if I have been logging my calories from exercise correctly. I feel like I haven't lost much weight compared to what I thought I was working out total for the day. I am glad I got a HRM now.
  • Zhehena
    Zhehena Posts: 11
    Options
    Yep, I did day 6 level 1 yesterday and took today off - tomorrow I'll be shredding day 7 :)
    I can tell a difference in my body althoug the weight hasn't really come off yet. I think it's an amazing workout that really gets the whole body worked!
    Would LOVE to have more shred-friends so anyone feel free to add me :D