Fearful for what my friends will say.

Options
124»

Replies

• Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    If they are not respectful of what you are doing, it might be time to find new friends.

They do not have to agree with it or like it, but respect is a different story.
  • nmb0717
    nmb0717 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Just be honest with them. Tell them that right now you're focusing on you, and you don't feel like you have enough self-control not to indulge like you used to.

This... and if they are truly your friends, they will totally understand! Cheers to having a HAPPY and healthy life :drinker:
  • sarahbw22
    sarahbw22 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    ^^THIS!!!
  • Rgtjax85
    Rgtjax85 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I think your friends will be much more understanding than you think. Maybe you could inspire a new tradition at your place? New activities that do not center around food can bring you guys closer. I hope you will be honest and share all of your feelings in a clear and loving way. Maybe a few days, months or years from now they will be on MFP.
  • amandajoy9954
    amandajoy9954 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I did not read all the comments so I dont know if this situation has already been resolved in your life but hear me when I say I know exactly what it feels like to be afraid to step out in the new healthy you. I often struggle with slinking back into my old ways only because they are simply comfortable and easy.

Dont give in,(I am speaking to myself now too) make the decision that you are worth fighting for, worth loving more and worth supporting. The weight loss journey we are on is often a lonely one. THat is just a fact. Look yourself in the mirror and know that you are going to make it to the end. I know I sound all dramatic hahaha but being pre-diabetic is super serious and life threatening. Its time we accept the fact that we are going to fall but we will also get back up again. You can do this!!! We can do this!!!