Weight Loss with Heavy Lifting Success stories? Pics?

Options

Replies

• Sixalicious
    Sixalicious Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Love the pictures I am seeing. Great job ladies. Very inspiring.:flowerforyou:
  • andreae13
    andreae13 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Wow can I ask how much cardio you did and how much of a calorie deficit?
    [/quote]

I do from 30-60 minutes of cardio daily which varies from running or the stair mill machine at the gym (hurt my knee about a month ago doing a half marathon so just now getting back to cardio). I lift 3x a week, and lift heavy! My calories have ranged from 1200-1600...depends on what stage I'm in. Now that I'm nearing maintenance, I'm slowly going back up to 1600. And I do not eat my exercise calories back...my body just doesn't cooperate when I try it. I eat a TON of protein, lower carbs and really watch my fat intake. I also very rarely have processed foods or eat out. Feel free to message me if you have any questions :)
  • sinclare
    sinclare Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    thank everyone for sharing! you guys are totally motivating me :)
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Work in progress:
    130->130 comparison
    untitled.JPG
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone!!!
  • niqua215
    niqua215 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    What program should I start with since I'll be doing my lifting at home? Can Strong Lifts be done st home? Any good Kettle bell programs? I have Jillian's shred it with weights.
  • Momwa6
    Momwa6 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    i got the Jillian Michaels shred it with weights its is good you will feel it i use when i did it a ten pound weight when it starts to feel easy move up the weight.I will also suggest jnl fusion she does 30 sec intervals of cardio and strength training two for one deal and body pump or body beast from beach body.Go to facebook they have a bodybeast group for women on there and the pics are crazy.One thing you have to keep in mind with the increase in eating and lifting you will probably see a gain especially if you are eating in a surplus but you will over time put on muscle.If your in a deficit you will lose fat but strengthen the muscle that is already there to build new muscle eat a surplus to maintain the muscle mass you already have eat at maintenance.
  • babynun
    babynun Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Work in progress:
    130->130 comparison
    untitled.JPG

Love the Abs! So jealous.
  • niqua215
    Options
    bump
  • slowly_changing12
    slowly_changing12 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    congrats to all of you!!!!! you all look great!!!!!!!!!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Before: 181.5lbs (Jan 1), 32% BF, US Size 12
    Current: 166 lbs, 23% BF, US Size 6

19593344_7101.jpg
    Day 8
    47fc45fd-1b69-425c-a388-4ff3ddd9e105_zps6e71f3d2.jpg

Day 83
    6b0b1eea-9437-4b96-9905-d83f5d58aab2_zps846fb032.jpg

19593344_1159.jpg
  • teachermegan
    teachermegan Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I still have a ways to go, but will post progress pics in hopefully about 4 weeks.

In the past 8 weeks I have lost 22 lbs with eating (mostly) clean, cardio, and heavy lifting.

I am currently following this website for a 12 week lifting program. Love it: http://www.simplyshredded.com/the-ultimate-female-training-guide.html
  • subconscious_ink
    subconscious_ink Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    These are my success pics with eating healthy and heavy lifting. I did some cardio too but I like to focus more on weights. If you browse the success stories forum you'll see tons of people who look awesome after lifting heavy. I've still got a little to go but I'm pleased with where I am so far!

You look great! Are you in some kind of competition in one of those pics? It looks like you're on a stage.

Yes, I was a contestant in a beauty pageant :O Thank you!!

Wow! If you didn't win, those judges fail at life :P
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • niqua215
    Options
    I still have a ways to go, but will post progress pics in hopefully about 4 weeks.

In the past 8 weeks I have lost 22 lbs with eating (mostly) clean, cardio, and heavy lifting.

I am currently following this website for a 12 week lifting program. Love it: http://www.simplyshredded.com/the-ultimate-female-training-guide.html

Thanks I'll check out that site b
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Great results, everyone!
  • NikinCilla
    NikinCilla Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I started lifting heavy about a year ago, some weight loss occurred in the 4-5 months prior to that and I did also do some cardio. My before pick doesn't show as much, but you get the idea. The pics on my profile have more.

BeforeampAfter-PB2-2-13_zps2f509212.jpg

Awesome wow you look amazing.....what kind of a diet were you on??
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!