Weight Loss with Heavy Lifting Success stories? Pics?

Options

Replies

• Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    deadlifting.png
    73_507567418948_148_n.jpg

there is a comparison of me - i rarely ever do any cardio, just heavy lifting

as a random side note, I have no loose skin - it was a weird concern of mine, probably a bit my age and a bit at the slower rate of weightloss - But i credit a lot of it to my mostly lifting approach to weight loss, this could be total bro science

few more pics in my profile
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Wow you all look fantastic :smile:
  • niqua215
    niqua215 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    deadlifting.png
    73_507567418948_148_n.jpg

there is a comparison of me - i rarely ever do any cardio, just heavy lifting

as a random side note, I have no loose skin - it was a weird concern of mine, probably a bit my age and a bit at the slower rate of weightloss - But i credit a lot of it to my mostly lifting approach to weight loss, this could be total bro science

few more pics in my profile

Congrats on the progress
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I have lost about 10 more pounds since this picture and about 6 inches...still have about 8% more body fat and 20 more pounds I would like to lose but I really like what I'm seeing so far :bigsmile:

k9dpzeggzu.jpg

wow you look great!
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I started lifting heavy about a year ago, some weight loss occurred in the 4-5 months prior to that and I did also do some cardio. My before pick doesn't show as much, but you get the idea. The pics on my profile have more.

BeforeampAfter-PB2-2-13_zps2f509212.jpg
    Looking good! And who says woman in their 40's arent hot?
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I have lost about 10 more pounds since this picture and about 6 inches...still have about 8% more body fat and 20 more pounds I would like to lose but I really like what I'm seeing so far :bigsmile:

k9dpzeggzu.jpg

Wow can I ask how much cardio you did and how much of a calorie deficit?
    Totally impressed! Ahh, the wonders of lifting REAL weights!
  • holothuroidea
    holothuroidea Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    One day I'm going to post my pictures in a thread like this!! >.<

...just a post for keeping the dream alive. lol
  • zumbajheri
    zumbajheri Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    You all look amazing!! Can't wait to get there! Sickness (4 bugs in March) and injury are hindering my pace, but I'm working around it, and trying to remember to be careful.

Edited to make sense lol
  • MonsterToBe
    MonsterToBe Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I actually just created a success post: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/958287-partway-there-diabetes-and-lifting-progress-pics

I've only been lifting for 3 months but it's made a tremendous difference. Current lifts: bench 125 (paused), squat 230, deadlift 285
  • niqua215
    Options
    I actually just created a success post: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/958287-partway-there-diabetes-and-lifting-progress-pics

I've only been lifting for 3 months but it's made a tremendous difference. Current lifts: bench 125 (paused), squat 230, deadlift 285

Great story. Congrats on your progress.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Still working, but it's progress:
    Marchcomparisonfront_zps32117d2c.jpg
    Marchcomparisonside_zps1bf48860.jpg
  • workijng2befit
    Options
    You look amazing! You are such an inspiration! How many days were you exercising to get where you are and for how long.
  • workijng2befit
    Options

k9dpzeggzu.jpg
  • workijng2befit
    Options
    You look amazing! you are such an inspiration!
  • kokalvt
    kokalvt Posts: 143
    Options
    This is my 3 month progress of heavy lifting and training for my first 5K...not a lot of weight loss, 7 pounds! But my body is changing and I'm so happy! I'll be starting the New Rules of Weight Lifting for Women in May!

1d406725-6119-449a-8db4-00a37ef11b90_zpsa604120b.jpg
  • rbowles56
    rbowles56 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    :smile: Great job! All
  • niqua215
    Options
    What do you guys eat to get the extra protein?
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    You ALL look so great! Congratulations! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options

I just try to stick to a high-protein diet whether I'm strength training or not (don't look at my diary the past few days though, cause I've been massively failing at that). Generally, I try to eat some kind of lean meat at least once a day - usually chicken breast- and the rest of the day I eat snacks like string cheese, peanut butter, eggs, whole grain products, protein bars, etc. I also like to drink a protein shake after working out.
  • kokalvt
    kokalvt Posts: 143
    Options

Protein powderrrr!! Hahaha, but yes...a good protein shake for breakfast and/or after a work out if definitely how I get my extra protein. I naturally get protein from lean meats, eggs, and peanut butter! I have completely switched from ground beef to ground turkey so that helps out big time. I also always keep a stash of hard boiled eggs on hand for a protein-boosted snack.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!