Someone that has/had cancer that would share a run with me?

Options
Chieflrg
Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
Hi everyone! I hope you have had a incredible day so far. I would like to share something with you if I can have a few minutes of your time, I would greatly appreciate it :).

During my daily run this morning I got to thinking about half way through how many people I've lost to cancer. As a tribute to all those lost their fight I'm running a half marathon on Saturday for you. For all those still in this fight, I running another half marathon for you on Sunday. I've never attempted this distance ever not alone back to back days but as one of the fortunate survivors of this terrible disease, I honor them with the never give up run challenge I have given myself this weekend. I already have some names but I would love if anybody would like me to carry the name of their loved one as I stomp these two runs out. As you comment please leave the day(Sat/Sun) you would like your loved one to share a 13mile run with me through a beautiful state park. Much love to you and love the ones that are in your life. Have a great day!

Replies

• Chieflrg
    Options
    Bumper
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Debbie (survivor)

And your parents are blessed to have such a caring son:love:
  • CallmeFrida
    CallmeFrida Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    that is amazing and you are a great person doing this-i'm sorry for your losses. good luck to you!

p.s. i think this thread would of been more successful if it wasn't on the "chit-chat, fun...." thread.
  • shawnachaffins
    shawnachaffins Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My uncle Paul Little, He was such a caring and loving man whom would help anyone that he could. Chief I am very thankful they are still people in this world whom thinks of others. Once he found out he had cancer it was to bad for any type of treatment. Please remember him on your run. Bless you
  • tiddlebit11
    tiddlebit11 Posts: 182
    Options
    I (survivor) most definitely would love to join you and think its a great cause!

But unfortunately i live in Aus....i wish you the best of luck though and you should be incredibly proud!

Tishka xx
  • just4nessa
    just4nessa Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    You are an amazing and generous soul. I have three very close friends that are survivors and an MFP buddy whose dad was recently re-diagnosed. My uncle Roy and my grandfather Joe both succumbed. Run for your life, and all of theirs! :flowerforyou:
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    You are wonderful, and I wish you the best of luck!

The disease hasn't touched my family or friends yet (knock on wood) but I work in a cancer hospital and run every race to support the research/treatment conducted here.
  • aleesh_
    aleesh_ Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    My moms best friend Marie, it doesn't matter which day but I'll choose Sunday anyway. Thank you :)
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    My Dad, Earl, who lost the battle with cancer 9 years ago. You are awesome to do this. And will keep this thread in mind when I run my half marathon next Saturday.
  • DonnaLeeCattes
    DonnaLeeCattes Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    My mom Carol Foster, she past away in 99, she was my hero and I miss her dearly, on your Sat run. Please and thank you, you dear are amazing! Thank you again
  • ashlbubba
    ashlbubba Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Dixie Cooper- Survivor! (NJ)

My Aunt :heart: Had a 95% fatality odds and beat it- cancer free 15 years!
  • Shes1CraftyMama
    Shes1CraftyMama Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    My mother Sandy Harris, and my grandmother Carolyn Selby.
    Lost my mom in 09 had survived 2 previous bouts, lost to the third - all three different she was 61. Lost my grandmother in 1987 she was 60.
    I would love it if you carried their names, whichever day works best for you!
    THANK YOU FOR THIS!
    It sparks my ideas for my first 13.1 in Sept.
    -Kristin
  • Chieflrg
    Options
    I'll be running within the hour, I have one page filled with the names of victims that are running with me, if there are any others for today, I will check back in a bit. If not I will carry again tomorrow. Have a beautiful of loving day with all those in your heart.

Much love...
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    And Chief? I am saying a prayer right now for you. May you have a wonderful run. God Bless you in this endeaver. Amen:heart:
  • dietdailey
    Options
    Thanks for caring, cancer is scary and I pray for a cure. Recently the one person I love more then anything told me they had cancer and I have not stopped crying since it has been since March, he never smoked,drank and ate healthy and introduced me to my fitness pal.
  • Chieflrg
    Options
    Completed my first half marathon(13.1 mile) of the weekend for 24 lost loved ones from cancer. The paper in my hands is the list I carried with me of all the loved ones we all miss so dearly. Amazing run with the sun peaking out at the last 1/2 mile. I got word that my grandmother(survivor) was hospitalized sometime in the middle of the run. I would greatly appreciate any prayers for her I will be visiting with her shortly. Tomorrow's half marathon is for the ones still battling. My list for tomorrow has room for names if anybody wants to add someone. Hug and kiss your love ones today. Much love

Try to add some photos later... :)

IMG_20130406_080919_zps7cbd5b38.jpg
  • Irish_Eyes81
    Irish_Eyes81 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Will say a prayer for your grandma, I'm sorry she was hospitalized and I hope all is ok. What you're doing is very sweet and I think it very awesome that you are doing this.

I'd love to add a name. There is a woman in the community named Tammy, she is battling cancer and its not looking very well. Thank you!
  • Chieflrg
    Options
    Tammy added to list for tomorrow.

Some other pics here, not sure how they will size. I'm not really good with this kind of things...

0a812701-fdc4-42a1-95c1-3c8ac7897b6a_zpse7b5e597.jpg

e8846fc3-ef35-4217-b006-40a3309810d4_zps645e56b5.jpg

6df90a9d-e473-4a40-ae61-bf8b85095a1c_zpsa96db473.jpg

0320407a-f2fd-467a-82aa-2a2b7156ad23_zps97fbf8aa.jpg

a2c5f732-cc7e-4de9-9130-11057364118f_zps4183f29d.jpg
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    A-mazing. Congratulations!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Great job. You have not only survived, you have gone above and beyond. I am going to share your story with my friend. Thank you for your kindness. You will never know what it means to me.

Saying a prayer for your grandmother now.:heart: