Someone that has/had cancer that would share a run with me?

Options

Replies

• BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Well done, sir. Well done.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I've lost a few relatives to cancer, and have many more who are survivors. I am a survivor.

You're very thoughtful and kind for your gesture to others, and the photos of your run today are beautiful. Enjoy your run tomorrow.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    You are amazing, courageous, and so thoughtful to run in honor of so many people you have never met. Sorry for your losses. :heart:

My family's most recent loss to cancer was my uncle, Kenny Walker.
  • missyj1115
    missyj1115 Posts: 1,220 Member
    Options
    That is truly amazing!!! Wish I could have been there to run along side you!!!!
  • jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    You are a true hero.

My mom is terminal with Ovarian/Peritoneal. My heart goes out to you for your loss.
    Her name is Karin (Canada).

Not sure if you still have room or time....but thank you for your courage and you have made my day. I am sure to tell my mom of your strength and all that you are giving! Best success!
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I'll be running within the hour, I have one page filled with the names of victims that are running with me, if there are any others for today, I will check back in a bit. If not I will carry again tomorrow. Have a beautiful of loving day with all those in your heart.

Much love...
    I will echo everyone else what an awesome young man you are and your parents did an amazing job raising such a compassionate person. If you want to add me I am a breast cancer survivor (3 years now) Marcie is my name and my sister is a recent survivor as well, Lynne.

Take care and I hope you remain such a warm compassionate and caring human being. HUGS:heart:
  • GracefulDancer4Christ
    GracefulDancer4Christ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    my dad died from brain cancer when he was 45 years old September 18,1990

a former classmate my 8th grade year in 1989 died of Leukmia
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    You are a lovely human being. I have lost loved ones to cancer, but I won't ask you to carry them. I carry them every day.

This is one of the sweetest posts I have read here. I would like to give you a hug.
  • DonnaLeeCattes
    DonnaLeeCattes Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    You are awesome and amazing. I will keep your grandmother in my prayers.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody for the kind words and well wishes and prayer for my grandma.

I have updated the list with all survivors and the ones that have succumbed who's names will be with me tomorrow, I will check once more in the morning. If all goes right I will start at 6:30 central time.

Grandma is doing ok, I wanted to visit her this late afternoon but she was tired and I decided to give her a day of rest and go tomorrow when I will tell her over and over of how much I love her.

I would like to share a couple things.

A lot of feelings went through my head during the run.

It was euphoric as I felt the loss souls running with me across a bridge in one of the pictures posted.

The text message of my grandma being hospitalized nearly stopped me in my tracks into mile 4 as I was having trouble reading it, only to have a snow flurry hit out of no where for a couple minutes. It calmed me down and tell me to keep going. My grandma and I are very close and we both love when it snows.

One of amazing MFP buddies told me before this run to wear my superhero cape. So as I was nearing the end, right before I got to the last turn I started thinking about her and her mom she lost four years ago and decided to pull off my hoodie and put it on my head as a cape. Withing seconds the sun shined through the clouds for the first time like the heavens opening. I swear it was like Mickey and everybody on the list was looking down from heaven.

As I made that turn waiting there was my mother. A surprise to me. She isn't in the best of health and I have been worrying about her a lot lately. I was going to tell her about everything after both runs were finished, but word got around to her and she made her way out to see the finish.

I'm going to turn in and get some rest before the run tomorrow, thanks again for all the support. It means a lot.

Much love...
  • Chieflrg
    Options
    Strapping up the gear. 1/2 hour to start. Beautiful snow falling down. Short prayer for all those in the fight and about to start their treatments soon.

Much love.
  • cortana01
    cortana01 Posts: 55
    Options
    Chieflrg, you are a beautiful soul and I wish you love and luck on your runs. xx
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options

I have updated the list with all survivors and the ones that have succumbed who's names will be with me tomorrow, I will check once more in the morning. If all goes right I will start at 6:30 central time.

Grandma is doing ok, I wanted to visit her this late afternoon but she was tired and I decided to give her a day of rest and go tomorrow when I will tell her over and over of how much I love her.

It was euphoric as I felt the loss souls running with me across a bridge in one of the pictures posted.

The text message of my grandma being hospitalized nearly stopped me in my tracks into mile 4 as I was having trouble reading it, only to have a snow flurry hit out of no where for a couple minutes. It calmed me down and tell me to keep going. My grandma and I are very close and we both love when it snows.

One of amazing MFP buddies told me before this run to wear my superhero cape. So as I was nearing the end, right before I got to the last turn I started thinking about her and her mom she lost four years ago and decided to pull off my hoodie and put it on my head as a cape. Withing seconds the sun shined through the clouds for the first time like the heavens opening. I swear it was like Mickey and everybody on the list was looking down from heaven.

As I made that turn waiting there was my mother. A surprise to me. She isn't in the best of health and I have been worrying about her a lot lately. I was going to tell her about everything after both runs were finished, but word got around to her and she made her way out to see the finish.

I'm going to turn in and get some rest before the run tomorrow, thanks again for all the support. It means a lot.

Much love...

I can't imagine what your Mom feels just knowing what a remarkable son she has in you. You are a kind gentle soul and I will pray from your Grandmother, Mom and everyone in your life and of course for you. Every parent should read your post and share the pure joy that you must bring your family every day.

Prayers and best wishes you :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • itsmelynn15
    Options
    If you get this in time..My niece Heather Partch (terminal brain cancer)
    and you are awesome for doing this!!!!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I hope you have had a incredible day so far. I would like to share something with you if I can have a few minutes of your time, I would greatly appreciate it :).

During my daily run this morning I got to thinking about half way through how many people I've lost to cancer. As a tribute to all those lost their fight I'm running a half marathon on Saturday for you. For all those still in this fight, I running another half marathon for you on Sunday. I've never attempted this distance ever not alone back to back days but as one of the fortunate survivors of this terrible disease, I honor them with the never give up run challenge I have given myself this weekend. I already have some names but I would love if anybody would like me to carry the name of their loved one as I stomp these two runs out. As you comment please leave the day(Sat/Sun) you would like your loved one to share a 13mile run with me through a beautiful state park. Much love to you and love the ones that are in your life. Have a great day!

this is a great thing you are doing. are you fund raising in anyway? I'd chip in.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I run for my mum - Moira - who is battling bowel cancer. I've run every race for her. I've told her she's going to have to get better soon, or I'll have to run a marathon... :-)
  • missyj1115
    missyj1115 Posts: 1,220 Member
    Options

Much love...

I couldn't help but read this with tears streaming down my face :( The world would be so much better if there where just half the amount of caring souls like yourself!!! I had chills reading about your run and I believe there is no such thing as coincidence! everything you experienced on that run was supposed to be at very precise moments :) I love how you opened this up to so many people and ran for them all! My prayers will continually be with you, your mom and grandma long after this!!! You have been an amazing friend and I only hope I can be just as supportive as you have been to me!!! Much love to you, your mother and grandmother Chief thinking of you all!!! God Bless :heart:
  • Chieflrg
    Options
    If you get this in time..My niece Heather Partch (terminal brain cancer)
    and you are awesome for doing this!!!!

Got Heather on the list. My prayers for her for what she is going through.
  • Chieflrg
    Options
    Hi everyone! I hope you have had a incredible day so far. I would like to share something with you if I can have a few minutes of
    this is a great thing you are doing. are you fund raising in anyway? I'd chip in.

Not as of yet, but I plan on something in the near future for sure. I just need to get all my duck in a row. :)
  • Chieflrg
    Options
    I run for my mum - Moira - who is battling bowel cancer. I've run every race for her. I've told her she's going to have to get better soon, or I'll have to run a marathon... :-)

Moira made the list and my prayers are out there for her as well as the family.