does wt loss put some people in ***** mode?

Options
13»

Replies

• slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    One word: HANGER. Make sure she's fueling herself for those workouts! Eating on too much a deficit can definitely put me in b*tch mode, and I'm guessing that it is the same for others.

Also, I would be kinda pissed too if my SO was dropping weight much faster than me, but such things can't be helped
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I just have a couple things to add. Since everyone addressed the relationship issue.

1. She might need more fiber. My mood improved so much once I switched to whole grains and started eating more fruit and veggies.

2. Sometimes when you lose a crutch other issues start to bubble up, so she might need a support group of some kind to talk about those issues with.

3. She might appreciate a work out partner, so is there anyway you could spend some of your gym time working out with her instead?

4. Bring something home for her she might like, a surprise every ten pounds sounds reasonable to me. Just don't tell her it could set her up to doing some crazy stuff to lose and that's really not advisable. Anyway just a little something non -food. I have no idea what I don't do girly stuff.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    4. Bring something home for her she might like, a surprise every ten pounds sounds reasonable to me. Just don't tell her it could set her up to doing some crazy stuff to lose and that's really not advisable. Anyway just a little something non -food. I have no idea what I don't do girly stuff.

I'd be horribly offended by this and felt like my spouse was being condescending towards me. I'm not some kind of dog that needs to be rewarded for good behavior. The better thing to say would be "Hey, I've noticed your looking more slim and trim -- why not go out and get a new outfit to celebrate your weight loss?" and leave it up to her.
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options

I'd be horribly offended by this and felt like my spouse was being condescending towards me. I'm not some kind of dog that needs to be rewarded for good behavior. The better thing to say would be "Hey, I've noticed your looking more slim and trim -- why not go out and get a new outfit to celebrate your weight loss?" and leave it up to her.

*crosses off shopping for treats* :laugh:
  • kmartinko
    kmartinko Posts: 114
    Options
    I feel so much better to know I was not the only what who thought this!! :bigsmile:
  • Mock_Turtle
    Mock_Turtle Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    lol marriage