Showering prior to a workout?

Options
HarleyQuinn1774
HarleyQuinn1774 Posts: 62 Member
Am I the only one who does this? Some of my friends seem to think I'm nuts. I don't want to be one of the smellier patrons at the gym. They said "That's what deodorant is for," but deodorant only prevents part of the issue. You sweat from places that extend further than your underarms. If you tend to do a lot of squats and you aren't clean(down there), you're going to smell your unwashed vagina. And if you can smell it, the people around you can smell it too!

Replies

• PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    Depends sometimes early in the morning, I might take a quick shower but that is more for me if I'm struggling to get up in the morning
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I'd rather have my stench overpower the stench of strangers unwashed vaginas :laugh:

I shower every day, sometimes I well shower before hand as well. But if I shower to much I tend to break out and my skin gets bad so I try to avoid excessively washing myself.

Edit to add: I am very flexible, and have never smelled my vagina at the gym ahaha. If you are smelling up a room, get that stuff checked out.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,082 Member
    Options
    I always shower before I leave the house. But it's more so my hair will behave. My vagina isn't smelly.
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I work with a woman that smells of unwashed vagina all the time. So yes if your vagina stinks please wash it before working out. :laugh:
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    There was a woman in the locker room spraying her crotch/*kitten* areas with aerosol deodorant the other day, pre-workout. I must admit, I found that bizarre! :huh:
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Please wash.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Yes. Please shower. :huh:

The only time I've ever been able to smell myself was after long backpacking trips. Not pretty and not something I'd want to share.
  • m76b
    m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    :huh: :grumble: :huh:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    There was a woman in the locker room spraying her crotch/*kitten* areas with aerosol deodorant the other day, pre-workout. I must admit, I found that bizarre! :huh:

Maybe it was the OP
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    I like to shower with my girlfriends in the locker room once I get to the gym before and after my workout. That way we save water and stuff.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    ROFL I find the people I know who do that are the ones who smell.

Also to those who do that...what is wrong with you...you are not going to get other extra curricular activities that way...nobody likes the taste of aerosol deodorant.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Yes. If your vagina smells funny, you have permission to shower and wash your vagina before working out.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I always shower every morning before I leave the house for anything (including the gym). I also don't care if I need to shower again later (I just like to shower, even if I just want to wash my face I will usually get into the shower). I don't wash my hair every time I shower and I take very fast showers. But, I never noticed any smell from me or other ladies at the gym, that's a little too much info. You can shower if you want, you don't need to justify your shower choices to anyone. Sheesh!
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    I workout after work during the weekdays but usually first thing in the morning on the weekends. I only shower before my workout on the weekend if I've had sex the night before :blushing: I don't want to walk in smelling like sex :) Otherwise, I wait until after my workout to shower.
  • xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    :ohwell: I don't think you should be able to smell unwashed vagina at all.. I mean unless its been more than a day since you last washed..... You might have some other issues going on if you can. I never shower before because I just have to shower after and that's a waste of time, money, and water...
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I shower prior to the gym as I go right after I wake. I was quite distraught the other day when the guy next to me started to do overhead presses and obviously had not showered. =(
  • Proyecto_AN
    Proyecto_AN Posts: 387
    Options
    Yes, wash your vagina.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,082 Member
    Options
    I like to shower with my girlfriends in the locker room once I get to the gym before and after my workout. That way we save water and stuff.

FTW
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    I always shower before going for a run
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    not sure if this is going to gross people out, but what about baby wipes. instead of a whole shower, just to clean up the area a bit. my husband gets really sweaty and smelly at his job because he works with chlorine all day, and he uses baby wipes to clean up through out the day. just a thought.

edit to add.. he doesnt clean up his area lol... he cleans up his face and arms and stuff that comes in contact with the chlorine.