I'm not finding the support that I need

Options
124»

Replies

• servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Do you write on each of YOUR friends' posts every day? It gets hard when u have lots of friends.
  • Gloworm46
    Gloworm46 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    check out Live Fit Revolution - free and tons of support!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I'd rather have a few supportive friends than just go for numbers. Delete.
    This!! ..and that's exactly what I have on my list a dozen or so friends that I care about and it goes both ways.

I agree, can't even imagine having/wanting to have a list that huge, it sounds very impersonal to me. I prefer to check in, chat a bit, head to my workouts and live life off the computer a good part of the day as well.:tongue:
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    By adding 200+ random strangers you've treated this site like a facebook surrogate.

But without the underpinning that with facebook you're probably going to know some of these people in real life.

In the light of this, it's probably no surprise you're not getting that "personal touch".

Just delete everyone apart from the supportive people/one's you click with.

Problem solved.
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Honestly I was on your friend list of 200 people and commented on your posts, you never commented on mine (maybe you did once or twice) either way I ended up deleting you yesterday. No offence but I have like 50 people I know all there user names and they try everyday to lose weight and record everyday. Yesterday I was going through my list clicked on you and notice you had not recorded any food for over a week and all your posts were about really personal family stuff. I don't have a problem supporting people when life is trying but your posts were nothing but drama and this is not Facebook. So I am not sure how you want people to encourage you when you don't record anything other than person drama.

I think maybe you need to look to a different site because I am not sure about everyone else but I love the positivity of this site and love that it's not all personal drama ( like facebook) It's about fitness and a healthy life with like minded people.

I was wondering if the OP was using this more like Facebook that what the site is intended. Sounds like I was correct.
    200 friends just sounds awfully needy to me.....I only have about 20 and that is awful lot in my opinion. We offer each other encouragement not only with weight loss but life issues too. I have learned a lot from them. I suggest you just converse with a few and find people you have thing in common.