How long did it take you to lose 30 pounds?

Options

Replies

• ChristiSykes
    ChristiSykes Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    12 weeks
    SW 228
    CW 196
    photos here...
    www.sykestermom.blogspot.com
  • rach503
    rach503 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    It took me about 2 months, good luck with your goal!!
  • sweetiecorn
    sweetiecorn Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    It's taken me just shy of a year (11 months) to lose 39lbs. Seems like a very slow weight loss but I have PCOS so really not complaining ;)
  • sweetiecorn
    sweetiecorn Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    for the record I am 5ft 2, SW: 185 CW: 145 GW: no idea yet.
  • grau62000ameze
    Options
    It took me 12 months to lose 30 lbs. I worked out 3 to 4 times a week for 60 mins each session. I wasn't that strict with my diet. Hope that helps. . But you need to take your nutrition and daily food intake seriously, my PT says, 90% of weight loss is done in the kitchen!
    quite impressed with this weightloss of yours
    being trying to l;oose weight as well for the past 6month(3month more serious)and i can barely count up to 5lb loss.
    is ther something am doing wrong
  • GracefulDancer4Christ
    GracefulDancer4Christ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    this post is a huge help. I am 30 pounds away from my goal weight. this will give me an idea also
  • slim422
    slim422 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Jan 15th to Apr 10. lost 32lbs no exercise - 5 4", 47 yrs old SW 199 CW 167

I think your goal is quite realistic-good luck you can do it!
  • meganfoster12
    meganfoster12 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Hey! I lost 30 lbs in 12 weeks and I started at 309; You can do it but keep your calories at 1400-1500 and exercise 1.5-2 hours a day; do mostly cardio but incoprate weights to have with toning:) Best of luck
  • ashleymcn01
    ashleymcn01 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    It took me exactly 6 months to drop 30lbs. I walked anywhere from 3-4 miles a day roughly 4 days a week. I didn't do any weight training, only cardio, so I think it would have come off faster if I had built some muscle.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I was a slow starter and it has taken me two years to lose the weight I have. If I had excercised more and made healthier choices I would have been at my goal weight a long time ago. Having said that I have lost weight fast in the past and then piled it all back on and then some. I am happy that my weight loss although slow is holding this time. I am still going to lose more over the next year or so. I am sure I will reach my goal weight and when I do I will have had the time to learn how to maintain it for the rest of my life.

Good luck on your journey. :drinker:

ETA I am 56.
  • CupcakeKaos
    Options
    i been doing this for 6 months and lost 36LB to be i thouught by now i would lose more but im still happy with what i lost :)
  • meldel49
    meldel49 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I do not think there is a time lement as to when you will lose 30 lbs. It is different for everyone and losing too quickly is not always good. Slow and steady wins the race and probably will keep it off in the long run. This is not a competition who could lose the most. It is life altering work for each individual.
  • StabR80
    StabR80 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Took 10 weeks to lose what I have lost now. 35.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    8 months to lose 30 pounds
    11 months currently at 37 pounds lost
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I haven't quite lost 30 pounds yet, but it's taken me 3.5 months to lose 25. I work out about 5 times a week (usually some sort of Jillian Michaels workout, like 30 Day Shred, Ripped in 30, or Yoga Meltdown). I would definitely recommend working out as it helps you maintain your lean body mass, but a moderate calorie deficit is what's really going to take the weight off.
    I think 30 pounds by July is probably doable for you, but don't be too hard on yourself. Stick with a diet and exercise plan that you can see yourself keeping up with for the long haul. :smile:
  • CheekyRunner
    CheekyRunner Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say YOU CAN DO IT! You are doing awesome. I know you can do it! :bigsmile:
  • Pinkielee81
    Pinkielee81 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say YOU CAN DO IT! You are doing awesome. I know you can do it! :bigsmile:

good post!
  • MorbidMander
    MorbidMander Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I'd wanna say 6 months, give or take. I started at like 175/180ish. I was kinda half-assing it the first 3 or 4 months though because I didn't really change my diet until a few months ago. Probably would've come off a bit faster if I'd done the whole working-out/dieting thing at the same time. But ah, well. Made it there eventually!
  • Alice_104
    Options
    1 month and 20 days. But my goal was big like more than 100+ lbs so it was fair in this time period. I've been using Roca Labs formula and exercising 30 minutes everyday.
  • EHisCDN
    EHisCDN Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I just hit 30lbs lost this week - nearly 8 months in.