13 Months In and How My Life Has Changed

Options

Replies

• XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Incredibly inspiring story and shows all these people who say is too late! I see that over and over again in the forums! Congrats!
  • Dottyb1940
    Dottyb1940 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    well done, you are an inspiration, hope you find a new partner, you deserve to be happy, great story
  • Joniboloney
    Joniboloney Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Amazing journey. You look fantastic! Congratulations and the best of luck with your triathlon :).
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    Great story. The photos are great, too.

I lost my wonderful husband to cancer, too. After his death, I went into a cocoon -- I sat on the couch in shock, ate comfort food, and retreated from life. At some point you have to start living again. Your late wife would be very proud of you.
  • hatton83
    hatton83 Posts: 31
    Options
    Awesome job! :)
  • grover0ca
    grover0ca Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Your path to being fit is amazing..way to go!
  • ruwise
    ruwise Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Well done. An inspirational story and proof that it's never too late to turn your life around.
  • imwithgizmo
    imwithgizmo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Your story really touched me. How inspiring! I lost my mom to breast cancer, and my dad to heart attack/Type 2 Diabetes. It's so hard to lose those you love, and with my dad, it was avoidable. I made a change so I wouldn't leave my son too soon.

Thank you for posting your story, and good luck on your triathlon! You will be awesome!
  • Coffeeholic8
    Coffeeholic8 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Thank you to everyone for their very kind comments, it means a lot and shows what a great place MFP is.
  • Coffeeholic8
    Options
    A little update.

On Tuesday morning of this week at 9:30am UK time I had the biggest NSV of all the NSV's I've had on this journey when I climbed onto the instructors bike in the studio at the gym and taught my very first Spinning® class.

I didn't have too much time to think about it as I only found out on Monday afternoon I would be subbing the class so it was sort of in at the deep end, although the few hours preceding the class where pretty good for sudden and rapid weight loss due to nerves. :blushing: :tongue: The class seemed to go okay and after the first 10 or so minutes I settled into it and enjoyed the whole experience and I cannot wait to do it again, and again, and again.
  • PippaJo_
    PippaJo_ Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    That's an amazing story - so inspirational! Way to go!
  • sitastar2004
    sitastar2004 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Inspirational! Thanks for sharing.
  • cinrn68
    cinrn68 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    What an amazing journey you have been on! Congrats and thank you for writing your story. Such an inspiration!! You really should write a book -- I'm sure it will be a bestseller!! :happy:
  • fenna3107
    fenna3107 Posts: 46
    Options
    Amazing and inspiring! You are a Rock star. I like reading about your journey --and I was waiting for the part that you will say that you've met another lady and you are now engaged, or in love or what ever! LOL...
  • JillMoto
    JillMoto Posts: 8
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your inspirational story.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success. I'm so sorry for the loss of your wife. I am glad that you have started living again.
  • kimpossible471
    kimpossible471 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    You are incredible...well done!
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Incredible story...
  • Coffeeholic8
    Options
    Amazing and inspiring! You are a Rock star. I like reading about your journey --and I was waiting for the part that you will say that you've met another lady and you are now engaged, or in love or what ever! LOL...
    I don't see that happening any time soon. I do get lonely sometimes I have made some great friends over the last 13 or so months and while it would be nice to have someone special in my life, to share cuddles with, to share special moments with and to love, I'm actually okay on my own 90% of the time so I'm just going to stick with that.

Thank you for your kind words.
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Great story, Amazing transformation Well Done!!! and i'm so sorry for the loss of your wife...:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!