My 5 month progress - over 30 lbs lost! [PICS]

Options
Sparlingo
Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
I thought I'd make a success post to commemorate hitting 30 lbs down, though I still have a long way to go!

My daughter was born in June of 2012, and when the dust settled, I weighed 164 lbs. My pre-pregnancy weight had been 135 lbs, and even at that weight I had felt very self-conscious of my body shape. After having my little girl, I was uncomfortable and unhappy in my skin, and I knew that I needed to get in shape now and stay in shape through and after any future pregnancies.

So, 4 weeks post-partum I started hitting the gym and eating "better" and "less" (or so I thought). Going to the gym 3-5 times per week and changing my diet, I had lost a whole 2 lbs over the next 4 months.

This brings us to November 2012. I was still essentially the same size that I was immediately postpartum. I had tried to fix it myself and had gotten nowhere. I felt broken. I reached out to a friend who had been successful in losing weight, and she told me about MFP. I tried to sign up, and found out I already had an account from a few months before :smile: - had signed up and forgot all about it!

I started to track my intake (have every day since I started!), and stepped up the exercise to 5 days a week; generally I do 3 days of Zumba and 2 days of Iron Reps, a weight lifting class.

And it is working!!

And the best part is that I finally believe in my physical abilities when I haven't believed in myself in this way my whole life. I CAN run! I CAN lift! I CAN get better at anything I put my mind to!

Now for the pics :happy: I'm 5'0" if that makes any difference to anyone!

f854edd2-d355-420d-b7c6-350c6fd5dab6_zps7320b9c5.jpg

caaf75c2-fa59-41ed-96f6-270abb439351_zps06b081aa.jpg

And I didn't take pics of my back until 2 months in, so this would be a 2 month vs. 5 month comparison:
9abc2112-9fca-49ac-809f-8cd43c75eb01_zpse41be7e0.jpg

A little ways yet to goal, but now I know I can do it!

Replies

• browtristan
    Options
    You look amazing! Great job.
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Great job. Your skin even looks smoother.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Congratulations you are looking good, the differences are very noticeable.
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    WOW, you have made fantastic progress and are looking wonderful!! Thank you for sharing.
  • mistimn
    mistimn Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You get it sister! That's awesome your looking great!
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • littleworm23
    littleworm23 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! You are doing amazing! :D
  • minihaak
    minihaak Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Well done! I see a massive difference :)
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Great progress. Looks more than a 30 lb loss. Congrats!
  • nlwilliams60
    nlwilliams60 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Looking good!! Stick with it! You can do it.
  • Michelleppn
    Options
    Awesome! Keep it up!!!
  • AiimeeDee
    AiimeeDee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    What a great job you are doing! Congrats!!
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,798 Member
    Options
    can i ask how tall you are ?
  • cross6974
    Options
    You go, Lady! Great Job! An inspiration to me.
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    can i ask how tall you are ?

5 foot zero :).
  • scarrletti_girl
    scarrletti_girl Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I thought I'd make a success post to commemorate hitting 30 lbs down, though I still have a long way to go!

My daughter was born in June of 2012, and when the dust settled, I weighed 164 lbs. My pre-pregnancy weight had been 135 lbs, and even at that weight I had felt very self-conscious of my body shape. After having my little girl, I was uncomfortable and unhappy in my skin, and I knew that I needed to get in shape now and stay in shape through and after any future pregnancies.

So, 4 weeks post-partum I started hitting the gym and eating "better" and "less" (or so I thought). Going to the gym 3-5 times per week and changing my diet, I had lost a whole 2 lbs over the next 4 months.

This brings us to November 2012. I was still essentially the same size that I was immediately postpartum. I had tried to fix it myself and had gotten nowhere. I felt broken. I reached out to a friend who had been successful in losing weight, and she told me about MFP. I tried to sign up, and found out I already had an account from a few months before :smile: - had signed up and forgot all about it!

I started to track my intake (have every day since I started!), and stepped up the exercise to 5 days a week; generally I do 3 days of Zumba and 2 days of Iron Reps, a weight lifting class.

And it is working!!

And the best part is that I finally believe in my physical abilities when I haven't believed in myself in this way my whole life. I CAN run! I CAN lift! I CAN get better at anything I put my mind to!

Now for the pics :happy: I'm 5'0" if that makes any difference to anyone!

f854edd2-d355-420d-b7c6-350c6fd5dab6_zps7320b9c5.jpg

caaf75c2-fa59-41ed-96f6-270abb439351_zps06b081aa.jpg

And I didn't take pics of my back until 2 months in, so this would be a 2 month vs. 5 month comparison:
    9abc2112-9fca-49ac-809f-8cd43c75eb01_zpse41be7e0.jpg

A little ways yet to goal, but now I know I can do it!

Oh my goodness u look great!!!!! How did u lose ur stretch marks? did they just go away on there own, i am wondering cuz i have trouble with stretch marks.

Keep up the good work!!!!! :)
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    You look awesome!! How'd you get rid of the stretch marks? You cant even see them at all in the "after" picture!

And what leg exercises do you do?
  • nurse_beck
    nurse_beck Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! Great job!!!!
  • joyfulgeorge
    Options
    Fantastic work. That really takes some dedication and I am impressed! I'm a mommy of 5 so I know how hard it is to carve out time to focus on yourself once you have a child. You are making a difference in your life and your childs life. We lead by example. Keep on going! You totally got this!
  • sunshine421969
    sunshine421969 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Awesome job ! I am 5'1 and I know what you mean..It does make a difference.Thanks for the inspiration!! You have did a great job !!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!