looking for a creative hobby! need ideas

Options
124»

Replies

• Nacho12
    Nacho12 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Here are a few ideas: If you have a sewing machine or are interested in sewing, take a sewing class. Most of the fabric stores offer classes on quilting, making clothes, jewelry making. Just find something you are interested in and take a class to learn how to do it. A long time ago I took a cake decorating class when my kids were little. We had so much fun decorating cakes and they now decorate cakes for their children.I also took a gingerbread house class and we made gingerbread houses. A photography class would be fun too. I took a digital photography class several years ago and it helped me take better photos. Another idea, decorating stores such as Pottery Barn offer decorating classes for help in decorating your home. You don't have to be good or perfect at any of these things, just do them for the enjoyment of them.
  • RedneckMomma77
    RedneckMomma77 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You mentioned that you have kids, are any of them little girls?

Make hair bows, that match outfits that your little girl wears. You could also make the bows for your friends' little girls as well. It's just a thought though, and one that has not been mentioned already.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    i'm not really in the mood to learn right now.
    id rather something i can just jump into.

Then it isn't going to be creative.

Creativity is mostly a habit of curiosity and trial and error.
  • jjgirl76
    jjgirl76 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Go to a hobby store - Hobby Lobby is a great one if you have one close by... wonder a while up and down then isles... as my mom would say, "see what speaks to you".
  • Nacho12
    Nacho12 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Very cute handmade outfits! Love them!
  • phyllisbobbitt
    phyllisbobbitt Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: i decorate grape vine wreaths & make pretty bows to display on your front door or inside your home! right now i don't charge for my wreaths but i think i am going to set up something on google & start selling them!
  • SueZQ82
    SueZQ82 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I think you should look into crocheting too. My uncle does it and is always excited to make something for someone. He usually makes blankets. I bet it is very relaxing.
    I also like another person's idea about making youtube videos. Maybe you can do a vlog about how you are losing weight? (If that is a goal of yours). You can also spend a lot of time creating the perfect intro for your channel. Or maybe create a website. These things take lots of creativity. Good luck!
  • anawhatsme
    anawhatsme Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    WOW!
    more great ideas.
    thanks!

i love reading these, they are inspiring.
    i'm still not sure what i should try.
    with the responses here i have soooo many choices.
  • mlalka
    mlalka Posts: 16
    Options
    Have u thought about geocaching, you get to see new places and can be a great way to get in some exercise.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    WELL,,, seriously,, the best hobby i know is,, BOOZE.....get a hobby./
  • Gabrielm80
    Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I am about to relearn how to program software. It's not as hard as the movies make it. Of course beginners won't be making the next Facebook. But start off with something simple like making the computer prompt a message via a click of a button. So many courses, free courses and so many areas in the world that require programming. Pick any field of interest, farming, music, games, fitness. Programming is needed everywhere and it is a lot more rewarding than scrap booking.
  • xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Simple jewelry making, SCRAPBOOKING =D, loom knitting.. I worked in a craft store for 2 years.. =) Try 'paper crafting'..

Pinterest. :flowerforyou: