Skinny Wednesday Challenge

Options

Replies

• DawnCallas
    DawnCallas Posts: 68
    Options
    I am late today but totally in! I just did my c25k program and plan on doing the 200 sit up challange tonight as well. I only have gotten 20 oz of water down but I will NOT give up!! The past two weeks have been really bad for me! Today was the first time I worked out period in two weeks! That alone is an accomplishment! And I wont even start on the water! Thanks for starting this Fab! You always make the middle of my week!

Also, I still have 900 calories left for today. I have accoutned for everything but dinner. I know that dinner will be a good chunk but it will not be 900 cal. Any ideas on how to "spend" those last calories? Thanks!!

Eddited to add question about calories.
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Good job to all! Water makes a difference! I like mine icey cold and once I start I am fine drinking it all day. My problem is that I am a coffe-aholic! True confessions. I drink coffee till midmorning or so, squeezing a glass of water in on my way to work. I have room for improvement in that area! I am under on cals, survived a staff cookout and a baby shower! I am off to shred and walk! Checking in on you later!!!

Hey, I watched a great Oprah Winfrey show today. The author of Women, Food and God was interviewed, Geneen Roth. Her book is about her own struggles as an emotional eater. I can sooooooooooooooo relate! I am tired of losing and gaining weight over and over. This time it is for good. I am going to purchase this book and try to dig deep to deal with these issues. Want to join me? Join this new book club and respond to a discussion point beginning next week. The question will be posted on Tues. (You may have trouble getting the book by then but you can still take part in the discussion while waiting on your book.)
    Grab a buddy and go here to join: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/96083-book-club-women-food-and-god-author-geneen-roth
  • chris31
    chris31 Posts: 19
    Options
    I kept my calories under 1200 but I am having a hard time exercising. It is cold and wet outside and I only did 20 min on the exercise bike. :sad:
  • Sebastiansmommy
    Options
    I kept my calories under 1200 but I am having a hard time exercising. It is cold and wet outside and I only did 20 min on the exercise bike. :sad:
    Keeping cals under 1200 is a challenge in itself so thats great and you got some exercise in, thats whats important:bigsmile:

I still have 1550 cals left and I haven't had dinner yet (thinking grilled chicken salad) and I got another 2 miles in and did an old workout dvd plus crunches:smile:. Plus got 120 oz of water down so far.

Everyone seems to be doing great today:flowerforyou:

~jessica
  • Hopey1994
    Hopey1994 Posts: 307
    Options
    Getting to gym it up afterall! My husband sent me an ice cream maker for Mother's Day and I made some peanut butter cup ice cream this afternoon....for my daughter and her friend, of course! Maybe just 1 serving? I'm grossly under my calories...... ok, now I'm just trying to justify...no good.......

AHHH I'm sure he was trying to be nice but... An Icecream machine.. maybe not the best idea?? Can you make frozen yoguart??

That's why he got it (besides him liking homemade ice cream); I can make granitas, sorbets, frozen yogurt and any frozen treat with it. It's a really nice one and very versatile. He even sent me a recipe book of 500 recipes for it and it has an entire section of healthy living recipes; and of course the sorbets and italian ices (with no added sugar- just from the fruit). Anyway, my first attempt was an epic fail. Apparently I was supposed to freeze the bowl first...*sigh* :embarassed:
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Jessica you're a superstar!
  • Sebastiansmommy
    Options
    Jessica you're a superstar!
    :blushing:Thank you, I think we're all superstars for commiting to this challenge!:bigsmile:
  • SammyLynn010
    SammyLynn010 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I could give you a load of excuses, but I didn't make it today! =(
  • FabulousFifty
    Options
    Good job everyone on your successes today. :flowerforyou: You know what I noticed? Where one person is weak, another is strong and is able to encourage. :heart: I hope everyone took time to compliment and encourage someone else today on this thread. Hopefully you are making friends that will help you on this journey. We need each other. We are worth it! You are just amazing, all of you! Hope you join us on the Skinny Saturday Challenge. A new thread will show up Friday night. I survived a hectic day with 2 celebrations today because of this accountability. Thanks ya'll! Whooooooooooooooo Hooooooooooooooooo to you! :drinker:

Now let's finish this week out strong! :bigsmile:
  • FabulousFifty
    Options

Hey, it wasn't meant to be today for you. Just try tomorrow! I will join you for a Skinny TH if you need one! Is it on? :happy:
  • FabulousFifty
    Options
    Hi girls:smile:

I got my Si6 Burn It Up done... I'm good on the calories and 80 oz water.

What helps me with the water is drinking it from my favorite/special, coffee and tea mug... its the perfect size and I can slam 16 oz easy. I use to HATE water, but it tends to grow on you! +++ the best is..... my HAIR & skin looks so much better!

Cheers to us :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    '

You always have just the right advice! I need a 16oz cup so I can just refill it 4X and know I have at least made the minimum recommendation. Thanks for the good words and good job on the workout Callie!:flowerforyou:
  • sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options

Hey, it wasn't meant to be today for you. Just try tomorrow! I will join you for a Skinny TH if you need one! Is it on? :happy:

I wish I had seen this thread yesterday or earlier this morning!! I would love to do a Thursday Skinny Challenge... anything to motivate me to do extra exercise tomorrow :) Would you be interested??
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    I have burned a bunch, had enough water to float a ship, and would love to join a skinny Thursday!
  • mom2mykiddos
    mom2mykiddos Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    This challenge really helped me stay on track today. I drank more water, exercised longer and feel great!

Thank you!
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    I almost threw in the towel today. I was tired after work and then I logged in and remembered my Skinny Wednesday promise. That being said, I got on my bike after dinner and rode for 1 hour 15 min, then had to stop to run an errand. Came home and rode again, burning over 1000 calories altogether and adding 31 miles to my weekly total. My legs feel like rubber :laugh:

Skinny Wednesday accomplished!!! :bigsmile:
  • skywalker
    Options
    We all have our off days. I had one wednesday where I posted that I doubled my laziness and food intake. It was just one of those days :grumble: You could always have your own Skinny Thursday instead. Just keep at it :drinker:
  • callie365
    callie365 Posts: 689
    Options
    Good job skywalker!!

Well my day is winding down... stats 112 oz water, BIU and getting ready for a short 20 min bike ride, before bed and my cals are under! :smile:

THANKS FAB... The "skinny" challenges keep me mindful and on track!
  • callie365
    callie365 Posts: 689
    Options
    Hi girls:smile:

I got my Si6 Burn It Up done... I'm good on the calories and 80 oz water.

What helps me with the water is drinking it from my favorite/special, coffee and tea mug... its the perfect size and I can slam 16 oz easy. I use to HATE water, but it tends to grow on you! +++ the best is..... my HAIR & skin looks so much better!

Cheers to us :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    '

You always have just the right advice! I need a 16oz cup so I can just refill it 4X and know I have at least made the minimum recommendation. Thanks for the good words and good job on the workout Callie!:flowerforyou:

Fab My 16 oz cup really works.. its a Anchor Hocking mug from Walmart for under 3.00, they also come in different pretty colors! :wink:
  • skywalker
    Options
    '

Fab My 16 oz cup really works.. its a Anchor Hocking mug from Walmart for under 3.00, they also come in different pretty colors! :wink:
    I have the same type of system. Years ago I used to work as a bartender and I have several pint glasses. I use those as my gauge. I drink tons of water tho :drinker:
  • ashnichole10
    Options
    Sorry I wasn't able to post sooner! I drank lots of water, stayed under my calories, and got 70 minutes of cardio in. I was hoping to work out more, but didn't get home until late so I'll make up for it tomorrow! Overall I did pretty good, thanks for the challenge! :)