Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What's harder for you? Healthy eating or Exercise?

Definitely exercise for me!

Replies

• avielosesit
    avielosesit Posts: 79 Member
    Eating. I eat fairly healthy but eat way too much!
  • eating for sure... i can outtrain my bad diet but its hard work haha
  • crlyxx
    crlyxx Posts: 186 Member
    Exercise. I've conditioned myself to be perfectly fine on 1,200 calories a day, but I exercise anyway so I can 1) eat more and 2) get stronger.
  • Exercise. I have a dislike of sweating that I have to get over again. Lol.
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Eating, definitely. I find it amazing that there are times when I drag myself to the fitness center and, as I get into it, I start feeling better and have more energy. And on days like yesterday, it's just hard to stay indoors when I can run, bicycle or work in the garden. Yesterday I ran a 5K sponsored by my employer, with the bribe of extra points in the Wellness program, and ran the course twice. Later I was out pulling weeds, and then I bicycled to the Asian grocery.

But, food? If I start an on anything sugary it's very hard for me to stop eating, and I'm constantly munching. It's a good thing I like veggies in all forms.
  • Healthy eating! I can force myself to stay on a climber at the gym until it throws me off (I win!) and THEN do another hour on weights, core and stretches until I'm ready to collapse. :)

I can also eat a family size bag of Twizzlers in a single weekend. :(
  • jolene_ca
    jolene_ca Posts: 91 Member
    Exercise. I get lazy.
  • squiggyflop
    squiggyflop Posts: 148 Member
    As hard as exercise is with all my chronic pain problems, and messed up lung function, eating "healthy" is harder. I am a supertaster, and most vegetables and fruits upset my tummy. So first the food tastes either waaaay too sour, or bitter like poison. Then I get a bad tummy ache an hour later. Then that leads to TMI symptoms.

So, exercise I can do, but I cannot will myself to swallow a vegetable side dish.
  • Healthy eating - I just eat toooo much!!!! I love exercise just wish I had the time to get to more classes!!!!
  • Bookaholic88
    Bookaholic88 Posts: 106 Member
    Exercise 100%. Imperfectly happy eating 1350 cals but forcing myself to work out takes all of my will power. I think its a time ting for me, it doesn't take any extra time to eat healthy but workouts have to be scheduled to fit into my day.
  • beckslite
    beckslite Posts: 125 Member
    Exercise. Its so hard to fit into your schedule sometimes, and plus cant always do as not well.
  • cbex29
    cbex29 Posts: 1
    Eating for sure. The quality is fine - the quantity is the problem. I eat too much.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Define "healthy" eating. I love fruits and vegetables...I love my nuts and my greens and my eggs, poultry, fish, and meat. I think a lot of people go overboard with their dietary restrictions and actually end up restricting foods that are nutritionally dense, healthy foods. I personally love my diet these days...much better than my previous diet that was pretty much a lot of saturated fats and processed carbs. i feel great inside and out...I'm also addicted to the gym now. It's pretty much about as routine as brushing my teeth these days.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Eating. Running is habitual for me now, and I get antsy if I go a couple of days without it. But I'll always have to pay at least some attention to how much I eat. Luckily, the running gives me more food!
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Healthy eating.

I get to the gym or go for good long walks regularly...but when I see peanut butter or chocolate...(better yet, both together), I have a hard time saying no. I'm a foodie and LOVE to eat-I fully admit that.

It's more of a struggle for me to say no to less healthy foods than to get up and go to the gym or go for a walk.
  • watfordjc
    watfordjc Posts: 304 Member
    Healthy eating. Healthier eating I can do (compared to one meal a day consisting of fast food), but when I don't feel like exercising I cut back on my food. I've just had a Snickers and am wondering if my ankle has healed enough for me to go on a 16 mile walk... time for the kitchen and back test... meh.
  • Have to push myself to exercise.

Will power is pretty good with the diet. Most of the time.
  • Brenda4105
    Brenda4105 Posts: 117 Member
    EXERCISE!!!! No doubt about it. I hate it. I will think of all kinds of things to do so I don't have to. I will eat semi-healthy, eating less to not exercise.

I know I need to. I am at a point that unless I lower my calorie intake I have to exercise. Any one have tips on how to make it easier?
  • zhvah18
    zhvah18 Posts: 158 Member
    Definitely the eating. I can drag myself out of bed at 4am 6 days a week to get a workout in, but I love just way to many foods so it seems I'm always wanting a little of this and a little of that.
  • khyman
    khyman Posts: 28 Member
    Eating. I only have to make a good decision about exercise once a day but the decisions on eating well are constant - eating good meals, proper portion sizes, avoiding tempting treats in the break room, not giving into the "just this once" mentality.