What's harder for you? Healthy eating or Exercise?

Options

Replies

• Corbinsmom
    Corbinsmom Posts: 117
    Options
    Excersize. Trying to find time with three kids ages 4,3, and 1. I enjoy excersizing just hard to find the time.
  • gp72dpr
    gp72dpr Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    No doubt, Healthy eating.
  • cicisiam
    cicisiam Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Yes, I agree completely! I am working through it by sweating in the privacy of my home. : )
    Exercise. I have a dislike of sweating that I have to get over again. Lol.
  • jess6741
    jess6741 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Healthy eating is sooo much harder for me. I love to workout but I have a hard time controlling my eating. I just really love food and really love feeling full.
  • ayvaz0524
    Options
    Exercise 1000%
  • popsicklestar
    popsicklestar Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Although, I really like eating healthy foods, it can be a challenge staying under my calorie goal. I love late night snacking and social activities that involve eating and drinking. Exercise has been a constant in my life for so long that I don't even think about it anymore. I enjoy working out, and I can't imagine going without it.
  • Morgaine_on_the_move
    Morgaine_on_the_move Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Healthy eating. I like healthy foods, but I also really like unhealthy ones like milk chocolate, ice cream, etc. I love to work out though. I am twenty weeks pregnant and still go to my fast-paced hiphop dance fitness classes several times each week.

A couple years ago I was working out for two hours most days as I was practicing to be a zumba instructor ( ended up hating it, but that's another story) and I dropped weight really quickly. I looked fabulous. When I stopped practicing and just resumed going to classes, heyyyyyy I went back up to my previous weight because I had not changed my eating habits.
  • sjwright66
    Options
    Eating healthy is really hard for me. I love exercising though! :)
  • HaleyxErin
    HaleyxErin Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    eating healthy, I know what is healthy but sometimes I allow myself something bad, like I have a king-sized bag of Reese's Minis in my freezer. I like exercising but I never have a chance, the only thing I can really do at home is walk around my loop but it has been really stormy lately and I haven't gotten to as often as I'd like, but I did like three miles yesterday. =)
  • fruitninja93
    Options
    I used to find exercise hard and would eat really low calories just so I could sit on my bum all day (I'm a bit of a work aholic and always have tonnes of work to do so any excuse to stay in and revise was perfect for me!) But recently I've started getting outside and it really is a case of the more you do it, the more you love it. Now its a habit and I feel so much better eating more and working out more than eating less and working out less. Plus my metabolism has sped up as a result of the exercise, which is a bonus!
    If you're not a fan of exercise force yourself until it becomes habit, and it gets easier until you grow to enjoy it! Sound weird but I love that feeling the day after when you're a bit achey and sore, thats when you know you did a good job! :)
  • pteryndactyl
    pteryndactyl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Exercise. I don't have a huge sweet tooth, so it's not that hard for me to avoid eating junk so long as I don't get it in my system. I crave sugar after I eat sugar, so I just...try to limit its accessibility :)

Exercise, though, there's always a million-and-one excuses. It's too cold outside, the gym is too far away, I'm tired, etc. but I'm getting a lot better now that I've found exercises that keep me entertained.
  • peachypants
    peachypants Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Exercise!
    I have an infant and she wakes up twice every night. I don't feel sleep deprived during the day but I'm not always motivated to burn off my extra energy by working out- although I do it anyway! I enjoy heathy foods. And you can indulge on heathy foods and its guilt free. I think for me, eating healthy makes me feel better & have more energy than eating crappy things and working it off. I defiantly eat for fuel. If it doesn't nourish & fuel my body- I'm not going to eat it.
  • nokittyno
    nokittyno Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Eating. lol
  • fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Healthy eating. Actually, I eat healthy, but a few uninvited candies, drinks, and junk gate-crash my fitness party ._.
  • lwswann
    lwswann Posts: 2
    Options
    Eating, I have a habit of "needing" to eat something whilst watching a film, or late night snacking.
  • lacharp
    lacharp Posts: 66
    Options
    Definitely exercise. Celiac disease makes me eat healthier, and I enjoy fruits and vegetables anyway; plus I love to cook, which makes it a lot easier to see what's going into your food. But since I have fatigue problems, exercise is just a pain. I do like gardening and walking the mountain trails around here, though.

Ditto that! Having to cut out gluten for me meant cutting out processed and refined foods, which naturally led me to eating healthier. I also love to cook, and have always liked fresh fruits and veggies.

But exercise? That's such a challenge for me. I like doing it, but it's really tough to fit it in during the week because I have a long commute (can be 2 hours each way on a bad day). Most days I'm leaving my house at 6am and not getting home until 730-8pm.
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    No doubt about it....EATING!! :grumble:
    I love the feeling of having done a great workout, but seeing sweet stuff like cakes and brownies and the like just brings me to my knees! :ohwell:
  • lightmouse
    lightmouse Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Definitely healthy eating. I can always motivate myself to do some exercise but picking a salad in a restaurant when I REAAALLY want some chips....terrible. Also my job makes it impossible to eat properly a lot of the time, yesterday for example I ate and drank nothing for 12 hours because it was impossible to have a break (even for the loo!) , so I eventually ended up eating a chocolate bar just to stop me feeling faint (and it was the only thing I could buy at 3am) I really do try but I'm just not very good :frown:

I also hate cooking so I get bored of the only healthy meals I can make - pretty much any variations there are of chicken and vegetables.

I'm currently doing Insanity - I just hope I still see some results despite my less than ideal eating. The thing I have always hated the most about my body is my stomach, but everyone tells me "abs are made in the kitchen" *sigh*
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Healthy eating is much harder for me. I love the exercise part, it's challenging and I feel great when I do and crappy when I don't. I actually do ok with the healthy eating Sunday through Thursday, then all bets are off. I try and combat that by doing two fitness classes on Saturday..yes I know you can't out train a bad diet, but I still try :)

I also love to bake, and then eat the baked goods. I find baking relaxing, luckily my personal trainer takes the finished product off my hands when I need him too. He tells me it is part of the service he provides.