What is the most romantic thing a spouse can do for you?

Options

Replies

• mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Laundry. folded and put away.

I tease, Clearly I have been married a long time "chuckle"

Knowing I have had a hard day at work and has an iced beer in a frosted mug and a warm scented bath ready for me when I get home, which he has done countless times in the past and still does.
  • LeahT84
    LeahT84 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Well, asking me out on a date, then 1000 more, then asking me to marry him would be nice.... but alas, I have not met him yet.

But, it would be nice (if I had a spouse) for him to surprise me with flowers, a nice day out together, LISTEN to what I say and buy me one of those "I really wish I/we had..." items. A nice massage after a hard workout, pretty much anything that my ex bf's didn't do :) LOL
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Lots of things are romantic, but playing our wedding song (or any of the many we had) on the way to go out on a boat to go fishing would be THE most romantic for me personally. We stayed at a cabin in the woods for our honeymoon, and went fishing (a canoe was all they had available mind u...which was funny in itself) allllllll the next day.
  • TheWiseCat
    TheWiseCat Posts: 297
    Options
    oral

FTW. Thank you, you are correct.

Well if that isn't already customary in the relationship (both ways), I'd be ditching it.

No, no, it's customary, but when you're married for a long time you have to make it seem more special by saying it's a romantic gesture. That way then there is less you have to do as customary romance cuz what is considered romantic by many is actually pretty stupid.

You have to SELL it to your spouse as pure romance.

Blah. If I ever have a spouse that requires me to sell romance or expects to sell it to me, I'll take a hop in the bathtub with a toaster. I'm not mainstream romantic, but my actions I feel are sufficient to effectively display feelings. When sex becomes a special "thing" then it becomes rare and essentially a commodity in the relationship and then gets used as a weapon against the other partner. If that ****-storm comes my way, I'm out. I have no desire to manipulate someone nor be manipulated by them.
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Hand written card on no special occasion.....or one time my hubby wrapped himself up in wrapping paper

I would find that slightly disturbing. (the body present)
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I'm all about the helping me with housework one....he swept the floor without me asking last week (and our apartment is mostly laminate so that was a lot of sweeping) and I could have jumped him right then and there:love: )

I was having a bad week once and he bought me a book he knew I'd been wanting with a nice card...and he sends me flowers from time to time. My husband is not a romantic at all so I try to take what I can get.
  • TheWiseCat
    Options
    Hand written card on no special occasion.....or one time my hubby wrapped himself up in wrapping paper

I would find that slightly disturbing. (the body present)

I think she was hoping he'd wrap himself in plastic bags and forget to leave an air-hole.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Plan a surprise date, arrange for a babysitter, then a couple days before the date, tell me there is a surprise date happening, and if I need to dress up or if we'll be walking a lot, that I need comfortable shoes, etc. And then let me stew in the anticipation for two days. :love:

Any surprise, really. Flowers, a love note, a little gift, a house project I wanted done, an activity or date... I love the surprise because it means I didn't have to ask for it or arrange something.
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Any kind of housework without being asked, inclucing but not limited to the trash, vaccuum, dishwasher, etc.
  • Joniboloney
    Joniboloney Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Coffee in bed....

Also just say thank you and show more appreciation for the things I do daily!

I'll get my own coffee since I'm always first one up but ditto to sentence two.
  • dezcast
    dezcast Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    To pack his bags and get out!
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Not stick around after sex.

there ya go! bahahaha....
  • m76b
    m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options

this !!!!!! im not the only one!
  • TheWiseCat
    Options

Figures. She's Canadian (they are quite hostile...).
  • dezcast
    Options

NOPE! We're both stuck it seems haha
  • m76b
    m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options

NOPE! We're both stuck it seems haha

haha!!! yes!!! lol! damn!!!!!!!
  • dezcast
    Options

No I just get bored with the same thing after a while
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    The dishes. :)

D@mn she beat me to it. True though!

ETA now that I have read this whole post, I realize how lucky I am. Some of these answers are sad and depressing.
  • TheWiseCat
    Options

No I just get bored with the same thing after a while

Define same thing.
    Do you mean HIS "same thing" or do you mean his behaviors and attitude that you don't like?
  • dezcast
    Options
    That's for the imagination I guess. I get bored with everything pretty easily.