Boiled Water

Options
124»

Replies

• MistressAella
    MistressAella Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    ***FAIL***

I just want to warn fellow mfp-ers! I made this recipe exactly as stated, but made a few changes....

I added cocoa powder, sugar, cream and all natural organic vanilla...

When I put that in mfp it comes up over 800 calories! As a low calorie drink option I find this recipe waaaaay too high in calories!!!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Water is inorganic!

whatever state your source! And nothing from wikipedia.

I only get fresh farm raised no hormones or GMO ORGANIC water.

Costs me about $100 a liter but it's so worth it. My bowels are regular. I'm like Old Faithful at Yellowstone.
  • ldrosophila
    Options
    ***FAIL***

I just want to warn fellow mfp-ers! I made this recipe exactly as stated, but made a few changes....

I added cocoa powder, sugar, cream and all natural organic vanilla...

When I put that in mfp it comes up over 800 calories! As a low calorie drink option I find this recipe waaaaay too high in calories!!!

oh I didnt know this and when I looked water up on MFP database it was totally wrong! No wonder I got so fat!
  • MistressAella
    MistressAella Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Exactly, right? It just angers me when people post up recipes like this, you always know there's going to be someone that tries this and gains 10 pounds of unwanted belly fat! Because I'm a nice person I'm going to tell those affected by this recipe to immediately do 1,387 crunches while doing a handstand over half an onion. The crunches will get rid of your belly fat, the handstand will improve lymphatic circulation and the onion will absorb the fat molecules that you release. Do Not Eat the Onion After or you'll gain back the fat AND catch a cold.

True Story.
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    Win thread is win.
  • amymaytay
    amymaytay Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    HILARIOUS! LOVE IT!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    O.k., well, if it fits your macros but sounds processed to me.
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    does it come in instant or powdered?:bigsmile:
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    This is a recipe and therefore belongs on Facebook. This is a health and fitness site, not social media. I get SO SICK AND TIRED of you people always trying to turn this into Twitter or Facebook!!

WE ARE ALL HERE TO LOSE WEIGHT! WE ARE ALL HERE FOR THE SAME THING!!! I JUST WANT SOME SUPPORT AND FOR PEOPLE TO TELL HOW GREAT I AM AND HOW AWESOME I AM DOING AND TO TYPE IN ALL CAPS SO I CAN MAKE MY POINT!!!

You are so great and you're doing awesome!!!! I'm sorrry that all these mean people are hurting your feelings.

At least you know who your friends are now :flowerforyou:
  • Jpatching
    Jpatching Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Well I read somewhere that you can leave it on the counter for a year or more and it still looks the same.
    FRANKENWATER- NO THANKS!
  • angelcurry130
    angelcurry130 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Humans are the only mammals that boil water.

aren't we also the only mammals that don't drink water we've deposited our bodily waste in? i haven't ever seen a dog or cat get in a tiff because we didn't flush the toilet well enough after a dookie before they start lapping it up.
  • ldrosophila
    Options
    Humans are the only mammals that boil water.

aren't we also the only mammals that don't drink water we've deposited our bodily waste in? i haven't ever seen a dog or cat get in a tiff because we didn't flush the toilet well enough after a dookie before they start lapping it up.

LOL my German shepherd started to grab the toilet paper out of the bowl. Damn Germans!
  • ohenry78
    ohenry78 Posts: 228
    Options
    I can't agree with this recipe on moral grounds. Water cruelty is a real problem. Have you guys ever seen the way that they butcher the water to make it Kosher? If you did you clearly wouldn't want boiled water as a part of any of your meals.
  • ScottishMrs
    ScottishMrs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    This recipe is an insult to my beliefs! Water is very holy in my culture and to boil or drink it defiles it. Shame on you all!
  • finnvalley
    finnvalley Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Help! I followed the instructions to the letter but 2.5 minutes into the cooking time I had to take a phone call; when I came back, the pot was empty. What did I do wrong???!!!!!!!1
  • ohenry78
    ohenry78 Posts: 228
    Options
    Help! I followed the instructions to the letter but 2.5 minutes into the cooking time I had to take a phone call; when I came back, the pot was empty. What did I do wrong???!!!!!!!1

Clearly you need to get your life and your priorities in order, and pick yourself up by the bootstraps and stop complaining and do something about your disappearing water. Damn kids these days!
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Something went wrong. After I boiled my water, I realized that I wasn't going to be able to use it right away. I didn't want it to go bad, so I put it in a container and placed it in the freezer. Now my boiled water has turned into a very hard and slippery thing. And it's extremely cold. Water is a liquid. I don't know why it's suddenly rock hard. It pisses me off that my perfectly good boiled water is now ruined. I should be able to save it for later use.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I'm a cooking pro..so I'm very comfortable with these boiled water recipes. I can probably prep up that water for boiling in a jiffy without even checking the recipe. However..Ive come across a variation of this that has me stumped. You take your boiled water and process it into something called "icecubes". Has anyone tried this? I know this is probably a highly processed treatment...maybe not appropriate for those eating clean. Any advise?