new workout...opinions?

Options
I've been doing weight training in the gym for a year (3-4 days a week) and running 4-5 times a week (20-30 miles). My goal is to shed fat and add lean muscle. I've been thinking of trying something new for awhile. I'm looking at either doing "Insanity", Jillian Michael's "body revolution", or joining a local crossfit gym. Which of these options would help me best to reach my goals and give me the "most bang for my buck" (cost vs. results) ? Any help /opinions are greatly appreciated!

Replies

• kerrylovesbooks
    kerrylovesbooks Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Personally, I am not a fan of the crossfit phenomenon. I feel like they compromise form for function and cost way too much for what it is. You're really paying for the community of the 'box'. I've heard amazing things about both insanity and JM's body revolution. If you want to try something new, join your local Y and try some of their classes. For real, TRX and Spinning are crazy good (and can be fun too!)

Hope that helps some!
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Personally, I am not a fan of the crossfit phenomenon. I feel like they compromise form for function and cost way too much for what it is. You're really paying for the community of the 'box'.

This is my belief as well. And I think a lot of "boxes" cost 150 a month.

To the OP, how much muscle are you wanting to add? A little big or a serious amount?