NSV: My first half marathon! Pics Included

Options
2»

Replies

• omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! And for those with halfs coming up - good luck!! It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. My best advice is no running the week before the race, hydrate well several days ahead, and don't get hung up on your time. Just finish according to your plan!
  • smoootka
    smoootka Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! And, also, you look amazing!
  • Happylady123
    Happylady123 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    So proud of you, and so happy for you! You can and will achieve the weight loss. You have a terrific attitude about the process. You are willing to put in the effort, time, and patience. Keep up the good work and God bless!
  • seamanny
    seamanny Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO GIRL!!! So happy for you and your accomplishment! Thanks for sharing and I wish you continued success!!
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm so proud of you and happy to have you on my friends list! You did amazing!
  • llmcconnell
    llmcconnell Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    You are rocking it :)
  • funsiiz
    funsiiz Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • cardio_fiend
    Options
    Good job! What an awesome achievement:-). You look great!
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Wow, inspiration!! I am also very slow. I'm doing my second 5k next month and have so far topped out at 5 miles for my long run (but that's been a while). Thanks for the nudge... I need to keep working on my distances so I can shoot for a half in the fall! It seems so scary, but SO many people have done it! Do you think you'll go on to a full marathon?
  • jjgirl76
    jjgirl76 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Great success story!!! Thanks for sharing. Good luck in your future speed running.
  • NakAttack
    NakAttack Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Your post brought tears to my eyes!!! You look AMAZING and you did an AWESOME job!!!

And like I say about my almost two year running history...the only records to break, are my own!

PROUD OF YOU!!!
  • hazymary
    hazymary Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    <.....throws confetti !! Standing ovation...Woot Woot ...So super proud of you !! What an accomplishment !! I'm running my first 1/2 on April 28th.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Wow, inspiration!! I am also very slow. I'm doing my second 5k next month and have so far topped out at 5 miles for my long run (but that's been a while). Thanks for the nudge... I need to keep working on my distances so I can shoot for a half in the fall! It seems so scary, but SO many people have done it! Do you think you'll go on to a full marathon?

No, I really don't see myself doing a full marathon. Given my slow pace (yes, I can improve that, but I'll never be 'fast'), it's just way too much of a time commitment. I cannot imagine running for 6+ hours at a time LOL. Will they serve me a nice pasta dinner half way through? :-)
  • ndasilva85
    ndasilva85 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! What an accomplishment... you look great!!
  • Luthien007
    Luthien007 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    You are astonishing! I love seeing how your kids grew up in the photos and you transformed yourself. You look confident and proud. Woohoo!
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Awesome work! I can only run 10k at the moment and I can't imagine going more than double that for a half marathon without walking in between!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!