What is with these cheat days?

Options
124»

Replies

• 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    DO ppl even read **** before they post??? lol FFS read before you put your useless 2 cents lol
  • 2FatToRun
    Options
    Every day is a cheat day for me. I cheat fat.

HA! I like that one! Stealing it for future profile title usage lol
  • iamspdd
    iamspdd Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    As I sit here reading this thread drinking my strawberry daiquiri wine cooler, I can't help but thank the lord for my cheat day. Yep, my diary is trashed today, but not feeling guilty. Feeling proud that today happens to be the day I weighed in at "over-weight" instead of "obese." Cheat days work for me. Stop picking on my cheat days!

Cheers! :drinker:
  • 2FatToRun
    Options
    It isnt bacon!?!?! WTF
    Trufe. Look it up. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkey_bacon

Well FMR! I am going to eat bacon lol How much sense does it make I hate an effin poke chop the other day and I dont eat bacon lol SMH
  • 2FatToRun
    Options
    As I sit here reading this thread drinking my strawberry daiquiri wine cooler, I can't help but thank the lord for my cheat day. Yep, my diary is trashed today, but not feeling guilty. Feeling proud that today happens to be the day I weighed in at "over-weight" instead of "obese." Cheat days work for me. Stop picking on my cheat days!

Congrats drink one for me! And kudos to you for not feeling guilty while others do.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    DO ppl even read **** before they post??? lol FFS read before you put your useless 2 cents lol

mmmmmm maybe i missed something ...
  • 2FatToRun
    Options
    Im coming down from a cheat WEEK high;) but i have no guilt as i am still within my goal range. There was little moderation involved. Now back to my usual goal of maintenance calorie...to prepare for my next week of delicious foods that are meant for me! Thankfully 4500 calorie days can be a useful reminder of places we've been but don't want to live at:)

Very good perspective TY I easily wolfed down 4k to 5k calories a day before my change
  • MoreLikeMe43
    MoreLikeMe43 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I think you've answered your own question. If someone posts, "Help, I feel guilty on my cheat days," and you want to be supportive and helpful in replying, why not say what you've said here (if I may paraphrase you): "I don't know if it's helpful or not, it seems to keep some people on track by keeping them from feeling deprived; others need to sprinkle their so-called 'cheats' throughout the week; and others just feel defeated after cheating. If your 'cheat' is making you feel guilty and defeated, then maybe it's not for you, or maybe you would feel better doing it a different way (i.e., a cheat meal vs a cheat day, treats throughout the week within or slightly over your goal, etc.)."

I started MFP with the idea that I would just not worry about my calories on Saturdays. That was enough to get me to started. As it turns out, I've fallen into that other category of having treats here and there within my calorie goal. For now, the simple act of logging and being accountable to myself and conscious of what I'm consuming is working, and I'm getting enough pleasure from seeing the pounds coming off that I don't feel the need for a break. That could change one day, and I don't think I'll beat myself up over it. But I won't beat anyone else up for doing things differently, either. :-)
  • 2FatToRun
    Options

Not aimed at you read up a couple about the if you dont like it dont comment blah blah blah ..totally off topic lol didnt read a single word or purpose of this thread lol
  • 2FatToRun
    Options
    Honestly, I think you've answered your own question. If someone posts, "Help, I feel guilty on my cheat days," and you want to be supportive and helpful in replying, why not say what you've said here (if I may paraphrase you): "I don't know if it's helpful or not, it seems to keep some people on track by keeping them from feeling deprived; others need to sprinkle their so-called 'cheats' throughout the week; and others just feel defeated after cheating. If your 'cheat' is making you feel guilty and defeated, then maybe it's not for you, or maybe you would feel better doing it a different way (i.e., a cheat meal vs a cheat day, treats throughout the week within or slightly over your goal, etc.)."

I started MFP with the idea that I would just not worry about my calories on Saturdays. That was enough to get me to started. As it turns out, I've fallen into that other category of having treats here and there within my calorie goal. For now, the simple act of logging and being accountable to myself and conscious of what I'm consuming is working, and I'm getting enough pleasure from seeing the pounds coming off that I don't feel the need for a break. That could change one day, and I don't think I'll beat myself up over it. But I won't beat anyone else up for doing things differently, either. :-)

Yes I think I am now armed with enough input to respond accordingly. The most important thing I have learned thus far is.........everyone sees a cheat day differently,what it is for one is not the same for another so I need to take the time to make sure I am aware of that particular BFFF's views on the subject so I dont come off as a condescending pompous *kitten* when I comment on the subject. Thanks all who contributed to the topic it is greatly appreciated :drinker:
  • iamspdd
    iamspdd Posts: 134 Member
    Options

Congrats drink one for me! And kudos to you for not feeling guilty while others do.

Don't mind if I do... Off to the fridge to get another and drink it for you.,.. I may look to see if I have any bacon while in there.
  • rachpetersen
    rachpetersen Posts: 265 Member
    Options

haha if you can't deal with the comments you know you are going to get then don't bother posting. c'mon now. any person who has read any threads on this website would realize what they were getting themselves into. deal with it.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    2Fat2Run opened with:
    I keep seeing posts of how guilty ppl feel during and after their "cheat" days. I understand the totally ridiculous justification that it prevents ppl from failing in their diet (as does self control) but seriously do you really need an entire DAY to cheat? Why cant it be just a meal? Maybe I am wayyyyy of base which is not abnormal for me but I am seeing a very clear pattern and I have only been here 2 weeks tomorrow :ohwell:
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options

Not aimed at you read up a couple about the if you dont like it dont comment blah blah blah ..totally off topic lol didnt read a single word or purpose of this thread lol

lol i don't read all the posts....but you're right if you feel guilt as don't binge. I sometimes wonder if maybe i should feel guilty but it passes . Quickly.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I'm already eating what I want. there are days where we are having some pizza or I'm at my mother in law's who makes fantastic southern food. i just make the best choices I can.