Marriage - yea or nay?

Options
124»

Replies

• quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Doing a divorce registry at Target would be awesome. Then your friends could supply you with everything a new bachelor/bachelorette needs, booze, condoms, dna tests.

I am pro marriage. I was lucky I got it right the first time. I would never do it again though if I found myself single, once is enough for me.

That's an awesome idea.

Yard sales is how I restocked my new place. Yard sales and for the longest time, an inflatable air mattress.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    My first marriage definitely wasn't worth it and the best part (other than my son) was the divorce. I was 18 when I married the first time.

After we separated, I met my best friend and soul mate. He had lived on and off for 5-6 years with his previous girlfriend. When he moved in with me, I told him that I was cool with us living together and getting to know each other, since I knew we were already committed to each other, but if, after three years, we weren't married I wanted us to go our separate ways. I wasn't willing to waste my life on a live in-relationship. We ended up getting engaged 10 months after he moved in with me and married 6 months after that. We'll be celebrating 21 years married next month.
  • Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    This describes my marriage,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKfTqOsnOpM
  • Alena3883
    Alena3883 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yea, if it's the right person. I never thought of ever being married to someone but then I met my bestfriend and it feel great! It's more like an awesome friendship, where you have great sex, cute children and someone to play videogames with. :P
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Marriage didn't change my relationship with my girlfriend-then-wife-then-ex-wife, it just made it messier and harder and more expensive to break up when we inevitably changed and grew apart and she fell in love with someone else.
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Yea, if it's the right person. I never thought of ever being married to someone but then I met my bestfriend and it feel great! It's more like an awesome friendship, where you have great sex, cute children and someone to play videogames with. :P

Well said.
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    there was something about standing up in front of our parents, family and friends and vowing our lives to each other that was just so fulfilling. it made our commitment to each other so much stronger. it had nothing to do with the paper (which we almost didnt file on time) it was all about telling our friends and family we're going to be together forever.

he is my best friend and i think thats the ticket. if you're friends first you can talk things out, have a level headed conversations. you can kid with each other with out one of you taking offense. i think the thing that falls down in a marriage is the sex, and when you're friends, you can talk about it, and have fun with it.

too many people get married because they're hot for each other. its so much more than that. you have to have a solid base if you're going to make it. i know there is nothing my husband could do that would make me want to divorce him. we've been through hell and back and we learned to lean into each other in the bad times, not away from each other. we're not perfect, but we love each other, we're each others best friend, and we have the same goals. i would be surprised if we dont make it.
  • Getbusyliving1
    Options
    Marriage is fun, good way to break up the Summer and have some excuse to go on a trip. I try to get married at least once every few years.
  • olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    To each his own. Some like marriage...some...not so much.