What made you want to lose weight?

Replies

• sirabbadon
    sirabbadon Posts: 27 Member
    I was two pounds shy of being obese. That was the wake-up call that this skinny little kid i had in my mind was just plain fat.
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    As a karateka, I can't even do a spin kick anymore. I'm too damn tubby.
  • angelcurry130
    angelcurry130 Posts: 265 Member
    i had a blood clot get stuck in my ticker (this determined by heavy bruising). i didn't have diabetes, high bp, high cholesterol, heart disease, or anything else to trigger a heart attack. i was told to lose weight. now, i can never go back. ^_^
  • jmadams111
    jmadams111 Posts: 145 Member
    The heart attack got my attention.
  • demonlullaby
    demonlullaby Posts: 499 Member
    many things.. i hate being the big girl. my diet was disgusting.

but the main moment was when i saw myself in a video. i was working on a short film doing the slate. i had to look back at a scene we recorded and i saw myself.. i was so embarrassed that i could EVER let myself get like that. that was the moment i knew something had to change..
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    I've always been that person that constantly talks about being healthier, and I was gradually learning to eat healthier.
    and serving my family healthier meals. i was never into fast food really, it was over eating my own meals, depression and
    just not caring at all. I know logically what I should do, eat, how much, how much to exercise, but I don't. I procrastinate,
    or I just don't care enough to do it. since last october i was doing tons of research to this time lose the weight, and involve more heavy weight training.. I did workout and lose on and off from october to fab. but once I got the routine i'm on now and the routine before than, both to solve my dilemma of what to do for squats when I don't have a squat rack,
    I just felt.....like I had been let out of a cage. like some invisible force had been holding me back, researching more and more,
    and then boom! wow that's it! I can do this! for the most part i still feel that. enthusiasm. i know i've found a routine that is simple,relatively time efficient, will help me progress, lose fat, and I'm really enjoying it. I look forward to every workout.
    every body part, even the ones i used to hate like push ups, i want to do them. the stronger my upper body is,
    the more i can lift the barbell over my head to do split squats. the more i can do in split squats the more my muscle will show through eventually through my fluff.

whatever works for you, you need to love doing it, and make every workout count.
  • xxxTiaxxx
    xxxTiaxxx Posts: 310 Member
    Clothes! I want new clothes but refuse to buy them at the moment. So it’s been a while since I bought anything fitted. Shirts in particular which in reality make me look bigger then I am.
  • valeriewxy
    valeriewxy Posts: 418 Member
    I didn't have anything better to do haha. That and the desire to be satisfied with my body for once.

haha this! my new body was/is my new project :D
  • jeepcj5
    jeepcj5 Posts: 10 Member
    I started gaining weight last year due to stress, lack of exercise, poor diet etc... and than I gained a ton of weight (60 pounds) during my pregnancy, now I want to be able to get out of pjs and maternity pants and start wearing those size 6 jeans again (it's been almost 2 years). In addition I love being active, I love running, I love playing soccer and doing crossfit. When you're obese it's hard to run around the block and I don't have the energy to keep up with my kids. I know who I am and being an active person will always be a part of that.
  • ashlbubba
    ashlbubba Posts: 224 Member
    My work shirt no longer met my pants and I was too ashamed (of the weight gain) to ask for a bigger size..
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Facebook pics. Really.
  • MorbidMander
    MorbidMander Posts: 349 Member
    PCOS symptoms were becoming unbearable with my weight. Had to lose it to help lessen the symptoms.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Diabetes. I have diabetes my doctor says with diet and exercise I can keep it to the point it's like not having it. IE no insulin and maybe I won't even need meds to control it, so it will be kinda like it's in remission.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    I got rejected because I wasn't active enough.
    Then I got rejected because I was fat.

That did it.
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    my mom telling me i'm not a teenager anymore. sounds weird, but i'm not a woman either!
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Feb 3rd of this year, my grandfather suffered a heart attack which led to him having triple bypass. Boiled down to a sh*tty eating lifestyle. It hit me pretty hard especially after a week later my husband's grandfather passed. I broke down and made a commitment to get off my lazy *kitten*, stop making excuses and start to lose weight, be healthy and try to prevent myself from being added to the list of crappy health issues in my family, that I am sure 100% is due to lack of healthy eating and exercising.

Also, I have hated myself for far too long and have hated seeing pictures of myself. I have a son and I want to be healthy, fit and a great role-model for him. I don't want him to grow up, being fat and be bullied like I was in school.
  • davidjl3
    davidjl3 Posts: 30
    Have self-esteem & health issues, want to feel better about myself in the ways.. Looking for freind for motivation and to help motive..
  • SlimSumday
    SlimSumday Posts: 379 Member
    I got so tired of trying to photoshop pictures of me that I wanted to post on facebook about events I was at. It got to a point that photoshopping wasn't even improving them enough. I finally realized that I had to work on the real me to make those pictures better.
  • SlimSumday
    SlimSumday Posts: 379 Member
    Facebook pics. Really.
    Yup. Me too.
  • HSingMomto7Kids
    HSingMomto7Kids Posts: 345 Member
    I wasn't happy and didn't like how I looked anymore. When I started to see the scale go up I realized it wasn't broken but that I was actually gaining weight.