"I gave up on my goal"…a success story…no really (w/ pic)

Options

Replies

• seamanny
    seamanny Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story. One of my favorite quotes is "if you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice." Living a healthier life is definately a journey of choices made. Keep up the good work!
  • PolacaFL
    PolacaFL Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You look younger at 163lb :smile:
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I can't see the pic, but the story is incredibly inspiring! Way to go!
  • DarkSable
    DarkSable Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Great post, thank you! Inspiring to read how some relatively small changes, built upon over time, really transformed your weight and your health.
  • auntlooloo
    Options
    So you've morphed from a StrongSad to a StrongBad - nice! Your avatar made my day!
  • kmstieg
    kmstieg Posts: 58
    Options
    You have done incredible...And thank you for sharing your journey, it is very inspirational!!
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Wonderfully written and such an inspiration you are! Choices, choices, choices... it really does come down to choice.
  • RolemodelmomT
    RolemodelmomT Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    "I CHOSE TO BE THIS FAT. There was only ONE THING standing in my way from being the me that I could faintly remember. CHOICE. All I had to do was CHOOSE better. That’s it. I had tons of reasons why I was fat. I work at a desk all day, I’m a dad I don’t have time, I don’t want to get up early and workout, it’s too hard, etc. etc. When it came down to it, I just realized that I could do it, I was just choosing not to."

I didn't even get through your post yet and I wanted to let you know how the above quotation really hit home for me...THANK YOU! Now back to finish your story. :)
  • kellyjkaylor
    Options
    I love how you said this is not a diet, it's a lifestyle change cause it really is! My fitness pal has helped me be accountable on my food choices, I have lost 57 lbs in 7 months, I feel great, look great and am exercising more than I ever thought I would! I try to throw new monthly challenges at myself, right now im doing the couch to 5k! I ran for 3 min yesterday which I never thought I would ever do! Congrats on your success!
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Coach Z says "Good jooooorrrrrrb!" Everybody Fhqwhgads!

Seriously. Nicely done. :)
  • devan33
    devan33 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    So you've morphed from a StrongSad to a StrongBad - nice! Your avatar made my day!
    Coach Z says "Good jooooorrrrrrb!" Everybody Fhqwhgads!

LMBO!!! I am so happy to see other people know what this is about...hahaha "The System is Down"

Great job!!! Congrats!!!
  • JBoogie08
    Options
    Damn, you look about 10 years younger. GREAT JOB!!
  • michie27
    michie27 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    You look great, so much younger! Congrats on your success and thanks for sharing your story!!
  • Pamko57
    Pamko57 Posts: 182
    Options
    Awesome change! Congrats. What a great example you are setting for your kids.
  • llmcconnell
    llmcconnell Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    My jaw literally dropped, congrats, you look so great :)
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    bump for later. @ work and no time to read
  • ElliInJapan
    ElliInJapan Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Great story & what a wonderful achievement! You look fantastic! Congrats!
  • StacieHof
    StacieHof Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I’m not done. I won’t ever be because this is a new lifestyle. It’s not a diet. It’s not a destination. It’s my new life. I still may hit my goal weight one day, but it’s going to be a COMPLETE fitness picture. I’m going to be strong and toned instead of just skinnier. I’m going to be able to run AND lift. I’m going to be an athlete. It’s who I've always been on the inside, I've just ignored it for too long. Not anymore.

You have done an amazing job!!! You look fantastic, I could not agree with your above statement more! :flowerforyou:
  • roland72
    roland72 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing and what an interesting story. It felt a bit like reading my own experience and realisation that I need to lose weight.

I like the fact that you mention that it was your choice to get that big. So many people blame it on other things in their life or come up with excuses. The realisation that it is you yourself that has resulted in you getting "fat" is important, because once you have that realisation you know that you are also the one that can get yourself thin again.

I wish you luck on your journey of becoming an athlete
  • iLoveMyAR15
    iLoveMyAR15 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    wow looking good! You're truly an inspiration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!