"I gave up on my goal"…a success story…no really (w/ pic)

Options

Replies

• brittanylock09
    brittanylock09 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!
  • mrslcoop
    mrslcoop Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. Your story is truly inspiring and is reaffirming my decision to cut back on my cardio and get to lifting some weights!
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    bump
  • christy3565
    christy3565 Posts: 349
    Options
    You look amazing!!! Your story is also so inspiring. Keep up the incredible work :happy:
  • elliejellie333
    Options
    Well done! Great job
  • serz81
    serz81 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! Are you in journalism?? You should be!! You have a great voice! Loved this post! Congrats. Yip, a choice, a life choice. I agree. How inspirational for your kids! Congrats!
  • iamabutterflychaser
    iamabutterflychaser Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful story! I really enjoyed reading about your journey. And the pics are proof of your amazing success. I agree with a lot of other posters that you do look much younger now! :smile:
  • sklarbodds
    sklarbodds Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    A big THANK YOU to everyone! (I wanted to reply yesterday, but I've been so busy finishing my taxes, UGH :explode: )

I honestly feel like myself again for the first time in years!
  • sklarbodds
    Options
    Fantastic, plus your jumper is AMAZING :smile:
    Actually, that's one of my favorite shirts I own :) Thanks!
  • sklarbodds
    Options
    ...if you set your ultimate goal to be healthy and be all you can be in your life, then you'll spend the rest of your life striving for it. Therefore you'll never 'reach target' and stop.

Completely agree! I'm not 'dieting' to lose weight, I'm just changing the way I'm going to live the rest of my life. I will be healthier (and let's be honest...happier) as a result!
  • sklarbodds
    Options
    INCREDIBLE!! you changed into a straight DILF! great work!!!

ETA: This has inspired me so much!!! <3<3<3:*
    HA! Well, I don't know about that but thanks!
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    You look like a really young dad, congratulations on your success.
  • sklarbodds
    Options
    So you've morphed from a StrongSad to a StrongBad - nice! Your avatar made my day!
    Love it! That really made me laugh!

What can I say, I'm a bit of a nerd. :)
  • sklarbodds
    Options
    Wonderfully written and such an inspiration you are! Choices, choices, choices... it really does come down to choice.
    Hehe, thanks! It honestly changed my life (in more than just fitness) when I just realized that everything I would love to have in life is just a matter of choosing it and paying the 'cost'!
  • sklarbodds
    Options
    "I CHOSE TO BE THIS FAT. There was only ONE THING standing in my way from being the me that I could faintly remember. CHOICE. All I had to do was CHOOSE better. That’s it. I had tons of reasons why I was fat. I work at a desk all day, I’m a dad I don’t have time, I don’t want to get up early and workout, it’s too hard, etc. etc. When it came down to it, I just realized that I could do it, I was just choosing not to."

I didn't even get through your post yet and I wanted to let you know how the above quotation really hit home for me...THANK YOU! Now back to finish your story. :)

That's great to hear! I really hope it does, because it has completely changed the way I look at life.
  • sklarbodds
    Options
    So you've morphed from a StrongSad to a StrongBad - nice! Your avatar made my day!
    Coach Z says "Good jooooorrrrrrb!" Everybody Fhqwhgads!

LMBO!!! I am so happy to see other people know what this is about...hahaha "The System is Down"

Great job!!! Congrats!!!

LOL, Yeah, I was kinda surprised that many people knew about it! It's kinda 'old school' :)
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    What a great story! I loved reading it. Congratulations on your new lifestyle. It feels wonderful to be healthy :smile:
  • Annette_rose
    Annette_rose Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! Incredible difference and you have so much to be proud of!!! Thank you for sharing your story and tips!!
  • sklarbodds
    Options
    Amazing!! Are you in journalism?? You should be!! You have a great voice! Loved this post! Congrats. Yip, a choice, a life choice. I agree. How inspirational for your kids! Congrats!
    No, I'm not (I did casually write articles for a friend's website for about a year). But I do love to write about my passions in life! Thank you :)
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    i absolutely loveeeeeeeeeeee your story! hard work and perserverance pay off :) and you look damn good!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!