RUNNERS POST YOUR PICS!

Replies

• RunForChai
    RunForChai Posts: 238 Member
    Hi,
    Hang in there. I'm on the injured list too and oh, I wish I could run---BUT--I focus on what I CAN do: swim, bike, walk slowly, Piilates, yoga, lift.....
    Good luck!
  • MrsKaylaDixon
    MrsKaylaDixon Posts: 17 Member
    you look so great!
  • ndasilva85
    ndasilva85 Posts: 8 Member
    http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g334/ndasilva85/Quarter.png

http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g334/ndasilva85/2.jpg

http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g334/ndasilva85/1.jpg

First time ever posting... hopefully this works... I started running with the C25K app and trained for a half marathon. Running is the only exercise i do right now... Could definitely benefit from some lifting and toning. It has made me feel much better about myself :) Good luck n great race pics everyone :)
  • ndasilva85
    ndasilva85 Posts: 8 Member
    Ok so i dont know about posting pics... Ive tried.. :)
  • MrsKaylaDixon
    MrsKaylaDixon Posts: 17 Member
    http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g334/ndasilva85/Quarter.png

http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g334/ndasilva85/2.jpg

http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g334/ndasilva85/1.jpg

First time ever posting... hopefully this works... I started running with the C25K app and trained for a half marathon. Running is the only exercise i do right now... Could definitely benefit from some lifting and toning. It has made me feel much better about myself :) Good luck n great race pics everyone :)
    they didnt show but i can go see them on photobucket ... thank you! you look great
  • ms_leanne
    ms_leanne Posts: 523
    No pics I'm afraid but my upper body looks tonnes better since I started running twice a week 4-5 weeks ago. My shoulders, arms and collar bone area.

The belly is shedding too.
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    I started at 196. I'm 121 in my profile shot. I started with 5Ks, worked up to half marathons, and am now training for my first full marathon..
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Quarter.png

2.jpg

1.jpg

That should do it.
  • One word WOW !!! you look amazing well done xx
  • Before, 50 lbs down (had only been running for 2 months at that point), and 80 lbs. down (running for the last year). So yes, running should give you great results :-)

i-rCHSqjs-S.jpgGOTR%205K%20May%202012-1-S.jpgi-Jfjbt7P-M.jpg

Well done you look fabulous :)
  • I've lost 100lbs in the past 12 months. Until I started Couch to 5k, I was never losing inches off of my stomach. Crunches, planks, weights, biking like a fiend. Running is great exercise. Get good shoes. Get good advice. Run a little, then run a lot. It is sooooo worth it. If it's above 34 degrees run outside. If it's under 34 degrees run outside in cold gear.

Run,, run away. When you get tired. Go home.

Also, lift heavy weights. Big muscles eat fat. Good luck!!

Well said :)
  • I've started training for a half marathon. I've lost over a stone with a better diet and running. I will post before and after shots when i reach race day. :happy:
  • lbmore33
    lbmore33 Posts: 1,013 Member
    me1_zpsc2d02555.jpg

see you at the finish line...............
  • annab1684
    annab1684 Posts: 36 Member
    Been running since beginning of Feb and I'm addicted haha! I see it as a virtuous circle - running helps you lose weight, but then you want to run better, so it motivates you to eat better and lose weight, then you can run more easily/further so you get better at running and therefore lose weight... and so on and so forth!

edit: I'm certainly no angel in the eating department, but I'm confident than running is helping the process!
  • I'm also interested in seeing some success stories when it comes to running as I am going to start running from now on as I am aware of how good it is for your fitness levels and health. Looking to lose a noticeable amount of weight in 2 months. I'm currently 142lb and hoping to lose some weight, preferably measurements!! :wink:
  • lbmore33
    lbmore33 Posts: 1,013 Member
    I'm also interested in seeing some success stories when it comes to running as I am going to start running from now on as I am aware of how good it is for your fitness levels and health. Looking to lose a noticeable amount of weight in 2 months. I'm currently 142lb and hoping to lose some weight, preferably measurements!! :wink:

I lost 10lbs in two weeks once i joined mfp...my running helped... no crazy diets just stayed within my calorie limit...good luck to you...happy running
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Nope running gives you no results at all... I mean running for 10km a day turned me fat. I didn't lose a single kg at all and am as unfit as they day I started.

Ok.... so that was sarcasm.

Running will give EVERYONE a result. If it was not for me running since August last year I'd still be struggling. Running is the easiest way to lose fat & to gain some sweet fitness. I've had people running gyms who comments on my fitness & THEY are inspired by me. Feb 2012 I was the laziest person I knew..... now I run 10km a day & enjoy every moment of it...and I do NOT even get out of breath anymore. I've lost all my weight that needed to be lost..... I lost that in 7 months. It's the best stress relief, best form of cardio & the added bonus of being outdoors getting a tan and being able to just think about nothing at all.

You don't need pictures to prove that. But I went & lost 79lbs in 7 months.... what does that tell you. Size 22 down to a 10.
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Before

IMG_1041-1.jpg

After

20x30-TENG1323.jpg

Still a work in progress!
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Apologies for the massive pics lol!
  • sarnoldm
    sarnoldm Posts: 42 Member
    Wow! You look at least. 15 years younger! Great work x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!