RUNNERS POST YOUR PICS!

Replies

• nicarey19
    nicarey19 Posts: 126 Member
    2wcfi1x.jpg

I haven't updated this, but I have lost about 10 lbs since my last pic. I would say a majority on running. I do some cross training and started strength training too. But I love me some running. (Hoping this pic isn't too big, not the greatest at posting pics!)

Edit: My butt also looks a lot better, but no pics of that;)
  • jayfo1994
    jayfo1994 Posts: 17 Member
    I'm so thankful to have stumbled upon this thread today!

After I got home from work today at 5pm I had NO intention of doing my running. I'm on Week 6, day 3 of C25K where you have your first 20 minute run. I've tried to get going with that 20 minute run 3 times already. I refuse to move on until I finish it, darn it!

I saw all the INSPIRING pics and stories and immediately got my butt downstairs on the treadmill and finished the 20 minutes straight! Only 20 minutes, I know.... but a few short weeks ago I couldn't run an entire 60 seconds without gasping for air.
    One day I will post my own before and afters when there is some actual external progress just so I can help someone else visualize what getting off your keester will do. Until then.....keep the inspiration coming!!!
  • Siekobilly
    Siekobilly Posts: 401 Member
    I'm no where near done, but this is my before, and during. Sorry the right pic is blurry. I'm doing Stronglifts 5x5 and C25K. I ran my first 5K at the beginning of this month, and it was awesome.

532034_10100864960838671_2060368181_n.jpg
  • Madaly320
    Madaly320 Posts: 112 Member
    You guys are all awesome!
    I have just started c25k. My goal is to run my first 5k in June.

I live in MA and now my new goal is to run a Boston Marathon..maybe not next year, but maybe the year after :)
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    You guys are all awesome!
    I have just started c25k. My goal is to run my first 5k in June.

I live in MA and now my new goal is to run a Boston Marathon..maybe not next year, but maybe the year after :)

Great Goal!
  • keepongoingnmw
    keepongoingnmw Posts: 371 Member
    What a motivating thread. I HATE running with the fiery passion of a thousand burning suns........but today, when my youngest was at preschool, and I had 2 1/2 hours all to myself....I ran. Well....I walked more than I ran, but I ran too. Funny how I never regret it.
  • Rikki007s
    Rikki007s Posts: 102 Member
    bump. Cool thread!
  • MrsKaylaDixon
    MrsKaylaDixon Posts: 17 Member
    bump
  • lauralye82
    lauralye82 Posts: 11 Member
    I too apologize that I do not have pictures, but I wanted to share my experience. I still have a long long long way to go. Last summer on my 30th birthday I completed a half marathon, notice I didn't say I ran, or that I even raced, but I finished darn it!! It took me 4 hours and 15 minutes and that was with training for 4 months. I slowly worked through the C25K program very slowly, even on race day the most I ran at a time was roughly 4 minutes. I walked most of the way, ran (jogged actually) when I could and crossed that finish line. I will use that race as my baseline and continue to progress from there. I weighed over 300 lbs when I completed that half marathon. When I first started trying to run I could barely make 45 seconds without stopping.
    Its a different journey for everyone, but one that I highly recommend.
  • govinda70
    govinda70 Posts: 26
    Here are my before and after. Before was 2007 at 289 lbs. After is 2011 after completing my first 10k at 187 lbs.

beforenafter.jpg

well done! you look like a different person!!!! amazing!
  • elka67
    elka67 Posts: 268 Member
    Here is my during:

JzizRGU.jpg

I'm down around 10 sizes, which I attribute to weight lifting as well as running. I love doing both.

You look like you've lost loads more than 67lb (maybe the weight training) - stunning job!

You all look amazing!
  • Myfitself101
    Myfitself101 Posts: 25 Member
    Running keeps me sane. I didn't think I could, then I started running on a treadmill, a minute at a time, slowly built it up to 30 minutes straight....then I started running outdoors. It's a revelation. I now have a couple of 10ks and a half marathon under my belt. I intend to run the Cardiff Half Marathon in October, and I run 4 mornings each week...a total of about 17 miles each week.

As for weight loss, I went from 215lbs down to 160. I am back up at 184 at the moment but I blame that on having two beautiful children!

I am now back on it and intend to get down to 154. I couldn't do it without running. Running means that if I blow my eating goals I don't need to panic, I know I can run it off!

Start slow, 1 minute run, 1 minute walk, then slowly increase your time. It is so liberating to be able to put on your trainers and go.
  • aubeatle
    aubeatle Posts: 17 Member
    I started a Couch to 5K program April 2012. I couldn't run from one mailbox to another without thinking I was dying. Two weeks ago (almost a year to the day later), I ran my first half marathon. I've lost 75 pounds in the process, almost exclusively from running.

SW: 228
    CW: 153
    GW: 125-128

PicMonkeyCollage2_zps3212a60e.jpg
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    No pics, but I went from 215 to 184 and my thighs look slimmer and more toned than they've ever been.
  • kimzie89
    kimzie89 Posts: 10
    Here are my before and after. Before was 2007 at 289 lbs. After is 2011 after completing my first 10k at 187 lbs.

beforenafter.jpg

You're beautiful!
  • mandylgibbs
    mandylgibbs Posts: 185 Member
    This isn't my running pic, but I'm doing C25K and I love it. 68 lbs lost so far!

8727236644_edd18667bf.jpg
    progress by mandygibbs85, on Flickr
  • kt3mac4
    kt3mac4 Posts: 16 Member
    bump bump bump. i love this! everyone keep up the good work!
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    I ran. But I think my loss mostly had to do with diet: eating under TDEE.

DE830EA0-E7C9-4D84-9E24-BD6D240FB85E-3882-0000047713432242_zps38179041.jpg
  • samanthab19
    samanthab19 Posts: 118 Member
    Still a work in progress, photo on right is from tonight
    30tg9hi.jpg
  • tcraw15
    tcraw15 Posts: 223 Member
    I run about 3 times a week. Gone down from almost every day. Note, I am flexing one calf and not flexing one so you can kinda see the difference? Not sure if this is what you're looking for picture-wise, but I hope it helps!

417351_10150517834994527_998357521_n.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!