When do you weigh, and why?

Options
124»

Replies

• JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    The morning of or after my rest day going into another exercise week.
  • EHisCDN
    EHisCDN Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I weight myself every Tuesday morning just after I've woken up and before I eat anything or shower.
  • centarix
    centarix Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Although awkward and silly, I will weigh myself every Friday AFTER doing a #2 in the bathroom :) I want to make 100% sure there is NO extra weight going into the final number lol
  • shikaymaru
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday as my way of keeping myself focus.. it keeps me motivate and as a reminder for me to stay in the game.. I weigh in the morning right after I 'visit' the bathroom.. :)
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Every Friday morning is my weigh in time.

I've noticed that Friday/Saturday nights I have the tendency to indulge a little more than usual, and thus the water retention etc causes me to bloat and give me what I feel is an inaccurate number come Saturday/Sunday mornings. :) Which is why I stopped weighing in on weekend mornings and figured it would be more uplifting to do so on a Friday, after a week of good habits. :)
  • TheShrinkingKween
    TheShrinkingKween Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I weigh and measure the last Sunday of every month. I would go nuts if I tried weighing every day or even every week. My doing it monthly, the loss of pounds and inches is big enough to keep me motivated. Once before when I was trying to lose weight, I weighed every week, and when I only saw a difference of 1-3 pounds, I got really discouraged and eventually quit what I was doing. This time, I thought everything through before I began so I could maximize the probability of me sticking with the lifestyle changes. So far, so good!
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I went with Tuesday mornings to weigh in. I figured it was a new start after leaving Weight Watchers which had me weighing in on Thursdays and then on Wednesday after the local meeting closed, new day, new program.

I also usually step on the scale one day during the weekend to see how weight loss is going before my official day.