FAT BURNING FOODS TO EAT EVERYDAY!

Replies

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    I eat almonds daily but only about 10 to 16. Not sure of the truth of this but many of these foods are good foods to eat regularly if not daily.
  • slim422
    slim422 Posts: 104 Member
    don't be too hard on her.... some of us are still learning

Thank you for posting this....sigh
  • dbm037
    dbm037 Posts: 125 Member
    Don't be hard on her at all! Those are all great foods that I like to eat. It is not all about losing weight and eating what you want. It is about eating a healthy diet and that also includes learning about balance, variety, and moderation.
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    ...I think I'll just go to bed.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    I prefer the fat-burning pills as advertised on TV.
  • boboff
    boboff Posts: 129 Member
    I made an omelette with all that for breakfast, it was rank!

Arn't celery and iced water meant to burn more calories than they contain?

*runs and hides behind a chair and s******s.....
  • HotrodsGirl0107
    HotrodsGirl0107 Posts: 243 Member
    Don't be hard on her at all! Those are all great foods that I like to eat. It is not all about losing weight and eating what you want. It is about eating a healthy diet and that also includes learning about balance, variety, and moderation.

Sometimes people need to be told they are wrong. It would be irresponsible to let her keep believing their are magical fat burning foods. It doesn't work like that. Weightloss comes from keeping a caloric deficit. Setting her straight is part of the learning process it isn't being hard on her.
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    1.Gasoline
    2.Matches

This too burns fat :laugh:
  • bwnorton
    bwnorton Posts: 100 Member
    Those foods in a balanced diet wouldn't be bad. In fact, the high-fiber ones may make you feel full. And the research on beans seems to indicate they are good to have in a diet, especially for blood pressure and blood sugar. And, maybe a person feels less hungry if they eat those foods. Personally, I like nuts and beans - in moderation.

As others said before. If the number of calories going in (with the right balance of nutrients) is lower than the number of calories being burned to live, you will lose weight.
  • boboff
    boboff Posts: 129 Member
    s******s???

WTF??

Oh, I see now, wow, who knew!
  • rosemaryhon
    rosemaryhon Posts: 507 Member
    abs diet powr?

I prefer:
    E - Everything
    A - Anything
    T - Tasty Foods
    L - Lovely Foods
    E - Exquisite Foods
    S - Superb Foods
    S - Satisfying Foods

*Love* :)
  • Toddahlie
    Toddahlie Posts: 116 Member
    Hey! don't be cruel! not all know everything!
  • sassyrayofsunshine
    sassyrayofsunshine Posts: 499 Member
    Cake - 'cause the fat in your body is attracted to the fat in the cake, then you poop it out. True fact.

hahahaha - lovin this idea!!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Why must it be Uncle Ben's brown rice????
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Yeah yeah, so eating 24 almonds won't magically melt the fat off your body.

That doesn't mean that isn't an awesome list of wonderful healthy food. I could use more of that list in my everyday eating.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,047 Member

you're correct that these are all great foods and it isn't all about losing weight, but these have been posted as miracle fat burning foods, which is plain wrong, and it would be doing the OP and anyone who comes after her a disservice to point out that the information is wrong?

Why is it now more socially acceptable to allow people to believe misinformation, that correct them?
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Know what else burns fat?

E X E R C I S E
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    Fat Burning Foods

A - almonds and other nuts (2oz / 24 almonds)

B - beans and other legumes

S - spinach and green vegetables

D - dairy (fat free or low fat milk, yoghurt, cheese) skimmed or 1%

I - instant oatmeal (plain, bit of Splenda or stevia, rice milk)

E - eggs (1 or 2 a day)

T - turkey, chicken, fish

P - peanut butter (all natural and sugar free) 3 tablespoons max a day

O - olive oil

W - Whole grain breads and cereal and rice (brown uncle bens)

R - raspberries and other berries

Green tea

Vinegar

Apples and pears

Organic flaxseed

Good list, but I don't believe in magic. Everything that is there is good to eat and good for you though, I've gotten in the habit of eating/drinking them.
  • shellbellv12
    shellbellv12 Posts: 12 Member
    Jeezo guys a bit harsh in your comments, some of you need to lighten up! All I posted were a variety of foods that are good for you as part of a balanced diet. I believe in flexible dieting and I believe in lifting weights. But eating more of what's really good for you based on nutrients is more important than calorie deficit in order to sustain a healthy balanced life style.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Magic unicorn poo.