The weird things you miss about NOT being overweight...

Options
I'm not talking about food or drink but the strange little things you used to take for granted but can't anymore.

Mine is this....

As I sit here at work with folded arms I no longer have a big soft belly to rest my arms on. Now I have a rib cage again I just can't quite get comfy. Might have to bring in a cushion :laugh:

Replies

• sblim
    sblim Posts: 99
    Options
    A much different question than the norm around here, but I can actually think of one thing: Being warm in the winter with all the extra padding!
  • squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Options
    Nowhere to rest your coffee or plate when you are eating in front of the television! Crossing your legs easily, climbing a flight of stairs and not having to catch your breath. Clothes that don't touch any part of your body....so many things....
  • shellshalla
    shellshalla Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    A much different question than the norm around here, but I can actually think of one thing: Being warm in the winter with all the extra padding!

Yes I'm always cold!! haha
  • RosieB405
    RosieB405 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    This is funny but I can no longer wear half my size 10 shoes in my closet because my feet have gotten smaller and I can't stuff quite as much in my bra (for example cell phone, keys, money, credit cards, camera, etc.)
  • mommamills
    mommamills Posts: 437
    Options
    having your own cushion at the baseball game on those hard bleachers without having to worry about toting one around!!
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    I think I'll miss the porta-chair...

ya know when you get up and the chair stays stuck to your rear? :grumble:
  • Crysta1976
    Crysta1976 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    and I can't stuff quite as much in my bra (for example cell phone, keys, money, credit cards, camera, etc.)

Best answer ever!!!! LOL
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I have to much energy to sleep much at night. Sometimes I miss sleep even though I don't really need it.
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if I really miss my old lifestyle, but I will say it was much easier! No regular sleep schedule, eating whatever I wanted without thinking twice about it, drinking only soda, never getting off the couch.... Those things don't really sound appealing anymore because I feel so much better now.

At my heaviest I was always cold. :explode: I wear a jacket all summer! I am terrified what next winter in Wisconsin is going to feel like with less insulation.
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I really miss having clothes fit my body! and I can't afford to buy many new ones... in the mean time I just look frumpy. When I do try to go shopping I still can't find my size!
  • acakeforawife
    acakeforawife Posts: 207
    Options
    At first it was kinda fun to see all these BONES that used to be hidden by fat, but now they are kind of annoying! When I lie in bed at night I'm SUPER aware of how my knee bones constantly knock together -- it feels so weird! I'm also always banging my forearms on my hip bones -- honestly, for a clumsy person like me, having bones so close to the surface is proving dangerous!! :tongue:
  • cardswimmom
    cardswimmom Posts: 71
    Options
    Definitely miss my bigger bra size....why is that always the first place you lose when there is oh so much to take from the stomach/hip/thigh area which is SO hard to lose???:mad:
  • pniana
    pniana Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I really miss having clothes fit my body! and I can't afford to buy many new ones... in the mean time I just look frumpy. When I do try to go shopping I still can't find my size!
    ME TOO! I went down 2 sizes but can't afford to re-stock my closet. Plus I would buy something here or there as I was losing weight and those don't fit me now either. Seems silly to complain about but it's no fun to have a new body hidden under bigger clothing.
  • lelesmama
    lelesmama Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Love this! I miss resting my chin on my hand and having a soft cushion there. Now my jawbone digs into my hand!
  • pniana
    pniana Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Definitely miss my bigger bra size....why is that always the first place you lose when there is oh so much to take from the stomach/hip/thigh area which is SO hard to lose???:mad:
    THIS I am having fixed in a couple of weeks. The bra size thing just wasn't cool.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I used to rest my hands on my lovehandles but now my hands just slide down!!
  • cardswimmom
    cardswimmom Posts: 71
    Options
    THIS I am having fixed in a couple of weeks. The bra size thing just wasn't cool.
    That is my plan too...when I hit my goal (hopefully a couple of months away)!
  • snowsflake
    snowsflake Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Awesome topic! I agree with the putting stuff in your bra; however, I can still fit a few things in there. I don't really miss anything from my former self...I am a lot colder now, but I also chalk that up to not drinking or smoking anymore, AND my shoes don't fit me anymore either...SWEET! :)
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I miss having an excuse.
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Great topic. Can I just ask when women started regularly using their bra as storage? Last night I was at the gym and at least 3 women had their phone/ipod sticking up out of their sports bra.