The weird things you miss about NOT being overweight...

Options

Replies

• dmcpage
    dmcpage Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I miss the anonymity a bit. I've always been top heavy, so when I gained weight my bottom just caught up to the top and it just wasn't the first thing people saw when I enter a room. Now I'm getting the looks again, and most times it's unwelcome. I just miss hiding a little bit of what I wanted to hide, and now when I try to show off other assets it still feels like I'm just barking up the wrong tree.
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Great topic. Can I just ask when women started regularly using their bra as storage? Last night I was at the gym and at least 3 women had their phone/ipod sticking up out of their sports bra.

I don't know about anyone else, but I started using it when they quit putting pockets in pants and dresses.:tongue: Guys ALWAYS (especially in dress clothes) have 5 to 10 pockets. I have to search for work pants that have pockets, and forget about dresses! Now, many may ask, "Why not just use a purse?" Well, 2 reasons really. 1) That would necessitate purchasing a purse, and 2) I've been carrying around a diaper bag for almost 6 years now and I am TIRED of carrying around a bag! My bra is SO much more handy! Plus, since I haven't purchased new ones since I've lost my weight, there is PLENTY of room!:laugh:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I was just trying to work out a way to fit my phone conspicuously in my bra when a 78 year old coworker walked by my office. :embarassed: :laugh: Talk about unwanted male attention! :noway: :tongue:
  • SimonLondon
    SimonLondon Posts: 350
    Options
    I never knew you women stuff your bras with so much stuff... I'm never going to look at any of you the same way again :laugh:
  • Adam13523
    Adam13523 Posts: 25
    Options
    Great topic. Can I just ask when women started regularly using their bra as storage? Last night I was at the gym and at least 3 women had their phone/ipod sticking up out of their sports bra.

I don't know about anyone else, but I started using it when they quit putting pockets in pants and dresses.:tongue: Guys ALWAYS (especially in dress clothes) have 5 to 10 pockets. I have to search for work pants that have pockets, and forget about dresses! Now, many may ask, "Why not just use a purse?" Well, 2 reasons really. 1) That would necessitate purchasing a purse, and 2) I've been carrying around a diaper bag for almost 6 years now and I am TIRED of carrying around a bag! My bra is SO much more handy! Plus, since I haven't purchased new ones since I've lost my weight, there is PLENTY of room!:laugh:

Lisa, I promise never to go looking for your phone when it rings.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't go digging on my own, but if she asked for help - - - :laugh: :devil: :bigsmile: :blushing: :smile:
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    conspicuously in my bra

Oops. I meant INconspicuously of course. :laugh:
  • squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Options
    For the love of God! Does anyone keep breasts in their bras anymore? Is it just me?
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    For the love of God! Does anyone keep breasts in their bras anymore? Is it just me?

I keep my breasts in my bra and I can't fit anything else in there either! I keep laughing about the cell phones and Ipods and thing... don't they get sweaty??? With my luck I'd sweat... and short out a battery... try explaining THAT to verizon!
  • LittleSpy
    Options

Well that's all I keep in mine. That's why I was trying to figure out how to keep other stuff in there. I think my stuff would all fall out of the bottom of it.

I admire those of you who can successfully hold things (other than boobs) in your bras.

And wow, this thread has gone way off topic. :tongue:
  • Adam13523
    Adam13523 Posts: 25
    Options
    I wouldn't go digging on my own, but if she asked for help - - - :laugh: :devil: :bigsmile: :blushing: :smile:

Well, being that shes is my SIL, I think my BIL and my wife would have issues..........
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    My knee bones are clanging when I go to bed.
    I can't show off my butt crack when I bend over cause my pants are big enough to hide it.
    I don't have an excuse to get pedicures anymore, I can clip my toe nails
  • AmandaB4588
    AmandaB4588 Posts: 655
    Options
    Definitely miss my bigger bra size....why is that always the first place you lose when there is oh so much to take from the stomach/hip/thigh area which is SO hard to lose???:mad:

AGREE!! I actually was losing in my stomach/hips/thighs at first. The girls were looking bigger since the rest of me was getting smaller......

but now I think that is the only place I am losing. :grumble:
  • xandra
    xandra Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I miss being full. That warm happy feeling of eating a big juicy cheese burger, fries, and chocolate chip cookies with a diet soda :laugh: . I miss not only the taste of the food. But that peaceful FULL feeling. I'm always hungry and unsatisfied now.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options

Well, being that shes is my SIL, I think my BIL and my wife would have issues..........

Well, not that I blame you for the offer...but SHE better not be asking.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Hey - you know what women hate worse than men making flirty little offers like that?

Men NOT making flirty little offers like that... :laugh:

All in fun big guy.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Hey - you know what women hate worse than men making flirty little offers like that?

Men NOT making flirty little offers like that... :laugh:

All in fun big guy.

Don't I know that.

I'm wondering if Adam wants me to bring up the time we both grabbed the wrong spouses tail end?
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Not to mention, I kind of liked not being checked out everytime I wore something snug.... I actually kind of enjoyed being anonymous and unattractive some days. Weird, right?

Ok so in the past I never was noticed or if I was I never noticed being noticed...make sense?? Now when I go out I still don't notice being noticed but my friend will tell me that guy or that guy was checking you out. One day I was at the gym on the treadmill and my workout buddy told me that guy over there was checking out your butt. I don't notice it at all. Is that normal??
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    a co-worker had an idea for a clothes swap. as you drop down in sizes you can hand them down to anyone that needs them. just a suggestion. :)
  • Alliegator25
    Options
    Do you have thrift stores or consignment shops in your area? Maybe you could take your big clothes in to donate/resale and get some clothes that fit. There's always a better selection in smaller sizes and some still have tags on :)