Im fat and ugly,and need to lose weight

Options

Replies

• traceytwink
    traceytwink Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Um may be the first thing you need to do is learn to love yourself, look in the mirror and find something you love then make that love grow cos if you don't how are you going to expect other people to love you?? It's also the only way your ever going to lose weight as well, if you hate yourself you'll never have a reason to do it???? just saying xx

or hate yourself enough to change
    Nah positive energy is better than negative ????
  • FootballGamer58
    FootballGamer58 Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    Um may be the first thing you need to do is learn to love yourself, look in the mirror and find something you love then make that love grow cos if you don't how are you going to expect other people to love you?? It's also the only way your ever going to lose weight as well, if you hate yourself you'll never have a reason to do it???? just saying xx

Not sure I agree on the topic of weightloss. But everyone has different opinions
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    A caution if I may op, as I have seen this mentality before. If you truly feel this way, make sure you feel that way. Dont feel this way because you believe others perceive you this way. The point being that the motivation needed for change should be internal not external. Internal motivation leads to more lasting change. Do not change yourself hoping that it will change the way people perceive you. Become a better you because you are better, not because people think you to be.

^^ This is 100% true. You have to want it for yourself and be willing to fight/work for it. No one can do it for you and you can't do it for anyone else. Motivation is totally internal. I find getting healthy a selfish journey because you have to learn to put it (you) first. I find meditation, yoga, positive affirmations, and counselling can help with internal struggles.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

Yeah. If he hates himself, he'll try to punish himself with his "diet." And we'll have to hear about "why don't I have any willpower?" and "Why aren't I losing" and "Has anybody heard of the cockaroach cleanse?"
  • FootballGamer58
    FootballGamer58 Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options

Yeah. If he hates himself, he'll try to punish himself with his "diet." And we'll have to hear about "why don't I have any willpower?" and "Why aren't I losing" and "Has anybody heard of the cockaroach cleanse?"

Or he loves himself and forgets why he wanted to change in the first place and just becomes okay with being fat
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options

Not sure I agree on the topic of weightloss. But everyone has different opinions

I agree. I hated the fat version of myself enough to change. Im learning to love and respect myself because I'm earning it.
  • sarahkalt88
    sarahkalt88 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    eb0c84714e1c4e31f529832bc332c665.jpg

LOVE THIS! Its so true! Accept that you are the only person who has the power to change your life, and do it! You'll find all the support you need here!
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I'm going to agree with the others-time to change that! Welcome!
  • MissNieves329
    Options
    Join the club!
  • StacyPhillipsTSFLcoach
    Options
    I used to be fat and ugly too. Then I chose health.
  • ThomasRGrady
    Options
    I refuse to agree with most of the posters. You are not ugly, you are not fat, but you certainly are welcome to lose weight if you want. I am horizontally challenged, but I am doing something about it, that's all you need to think about. No matter what, I am sure you are a decent person who is simply facing a choice. I wish you the best of luck!
  • luv86elle
    luv86elle Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself.

A lot of people feel the way you do

MOTIVATE YOURSELF....HOW MUCH DO YOU WANT TO LOSE?!?

1 pound = a Guinea Pig
    1.5 pounds = a dozen Krispy Kreme glazed donuts
    2 pounds = a rack of baby back ribs
    3 pounds = an average human brain
    4 pounds = an ostrich egg
    5 pounds = a Chihuahua
    6 pounds = a human skin
    7.5 pounds = an average newborn
    8 pounds = a human head
    10 pounds= chemical additives an American consumes each year
    11 pounds = an average housecat
    12 pounds = a Bald Eagle
    15 pounds = 10 dozen large eggs
    16 pounds = a sperm whale's brain
    20 pounds = an automobile tire
    23 pounds = amount of pizza an average American eats in a year
    24 pounds = a 3-gallon tub of super premium ice cream
    25 pounds = an average 2 year old
    30 pounds = amount of cheese an average American eats in a year
    33 pounds = a cinder block
    36 pounds = a mid-size microwave
    40 pounds = a 5-gallon bottle of water or an average human leg
    44 pounds = an elephants heart
    50 pounds = a small bale of hay
    55 pounds = a 5000 BTU air conditioner
    60 pounds = an elephants penis
    66 pounds = fats and oils an average American eats in a year
    70 pounds = an Irish Setter
    77 pounds = a gold brick
    80 pounds = the Worlds Largest Ball of Tape
    90 pounds = a newborn calf
    100 pounds = a 2 month old horse
    111 pounds = red meat an average American eats in a year
    117 pounds = an average fashion model (and shes 5'11"
    118 pounds = the complete Encyclopedia Britannica
    120 pounds = amount of trash you throw away in a month
    130 pounds = a newborn giraffe
    138 pounds = potatoes an average American eats in a year
    140 pounds = refined sugar an average American eats in a year
    144 pounds = an average adult woman (and shes 5'4½"
    150 pounds = the complete Oxford English Dictionary
    187 pounds = an average adult man
    200 pounds = 2 Bloodhounds
    235 pounds = Arnold Schwarzenegger
    300 pounds = an average football lineman
    400 pounds = a Welsh pony

"Be stronger than your excuses."
  • siany01
    siany01 Posts: 319 Member
    Options

^^Thats where I live right there. I despise myself. I am disgusting and because I feel that way I am changing it. My old gym instructor told me off for saying it but it is true. I will like myself when I have lost 2 stone and 2 more off after that I will love myself but this fat me is disgusting and I hate it!!
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    (With no disrespect)

'SHUT UP AND LIFT!' :flowerforyou:
  • LondonsAngel1990
    LondonsAngel1990 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    That's exactly how I felt about myself 12 months ago, now I'm just fat because I started to believe I was beautiful on the inside and it really does show on the outside!!
  • piexcore
    piexcore Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2js063a1Suk&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOWzNERHr0w&feature=youtu.be

Go watch these two videos. Don't let yourself be defined by what you look like. Being fat has nothing to do with being ugly, and being ugly has nothing to do with what your worth. Get healthy because your body works better when its healthy, not because your striving for some cookie cutter beauty.
  • Sharon5913
    Sharon5913 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Oh my, please don't put yourself down like that. As others have said, you are moving in the right direction. You can make lots of positive changes with the support of you MFP family. Learn to love yourself as you are with all your quirks and faults as you continue your journey here.
  • Txglitter
    Txglitter Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I am one of the warm fuzzy people here ;) Feel free to add me if you would like. I am not over weight but I am terribly out of shape and really need motivation as well. There are all types of people here, find the friends that motivate and help you with your journey, but remember in the end you have to be the one to do it :)
  • SCrompton
    SCrompton Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Back of the line. There are others that are fat, ugly, and need to lose weight ahead of you.:angry:

HILARIOUS!!!
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Hi fat & ugly you are half way on your way. Follow FP and the fat will melt away. For the other half.......you are screwed. Good Luck