What can I eat for breakfast?

Options
My usual breakfast includes breakfast burritos, bacon egg cheese croissants (Gosh I miss those) or French Toast with 4 pieces of bacon. Now that I am working out like a dog, I be d@mned if I do all that moving around and sweating in vain. What's better out of oatmeal with raisins, pecans, butter and sugar vs. omlett with cheese spinach and meat? Or what can I eat that's low in calories for breakfast?

Replies

• tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    They are all great! It depends on how full you feel after you eat them. For me it would be the eggs. They really stay with me even though there is less bulk. Good luck to you!!
  • BarbWarp
    BarbWarp Posts: 2
    Options
    I usually have Greek Yogart for breakfeast and sometimes add some fruit.
  • keely1998
    keely1998 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    i usually have a Fiber one bar
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I have 4 slices of turkey bacon, 2 eggs and 2 pieces of toast most mornings. :drinker:
  • TonyWest44
    Options
    try a bowl (45Grams) of Muesli Alpen with 100g of skimmed milk
    really filling and low calories, add a medium banana too if you need it and you have a filling breakfast at under 350 calories
  • CupcakesAndRazorblades
    Options
    I love sweets but not at breakfast, I go with eggs everyday
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    I alternate between a protein shake with whole milk and 2 eggs with a serving of Neese's sausage and 1 ounce of shredded cheese.

One weekends when I swim before breakfast I have 3 eggs, 1.5 servings of Neese's sausage and 1.5 ounces of cheese. Yum.:bigsmile:
  • kahyee
    kahyee Posts: 63
    Options
    The spinach omelette with probably keep you fuller longer. When I eat a lot of carbs at breakfast, I'm hungry like an hour later.
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    If you are working out like a dog you can still eat that stuff. How many cals you taking in a day? You need fule to workout and eggs,bacon,cheese=protein you need to workout. If you dont eat right or enough you are only hurting yourself
  • Babygi6003
    Babygi6003 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I usually have a turkey sausage, egg and cheese breakfast burrito
  • meltingmama1965
    Options
    I found that for oatmeal steal cut oats are better for you and that it stays with you longer. I eat that or i have a poach egg on toast with a yogurt.
    best of luck to you. im here for support you can add me as friend if you want.
  • 2FatToRun
    Options
    Any - Large Egg Cooked Without Fat, 1 egg
    Thomas' - Plain Bagel, 1 Bagel
    Land O'frost Bistro Favorites - Black Forest Ham, 3 slices (57g)
    Kraft - Natural Cheese - 2% Milk - Reduced Fat Sharp Cheddar , 1 oz.
    460calories

30mins circuit training around 413 calories burned

EAT!
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Whatever you want! :laugh: Just make sure that you count the calories.

I usually have either Greek yoghurt & cereal & berries with a little maple syrup or honey; or potato, tomatoes, eggs and spinach, fried with canola spray in a non-stick pan, and sometimes I add a tiny half teaspoon of butter as well. Sometimes I use the eggs and mash with a banana and make pancakes, and have berries and ricotta or yoghurt on top. Or I might have my eggs on a slice of toast. I aim for a decent breakfast.

I steer away from bacon altho I LOVE bacon, because I find the high sodium is bad for me. That's why I usually have potato rather than bread, as bread has sodium.

Just punch stuff into your diary, see what the numbers show, think about what might be better.
  • KMaier6689
    Options
    If you like breakfast burritos and breakfast sandwiches, you should look into making them at home with healthier ingredients. I make both all of the time with liquid egg whites with a little bit of cheese, 2 slices of turkey bacon, green onion and salsa and put it all in a low carb tortilla or on a whole grain english muffin! Very filling and satisfying. :) I also like greek yogurt for breakfast on days when I'm not as hungry. Hope this helps!
  • kfritz7162
    kfritz7162 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi-

I eat oatmeal for breakfast every day. Quaker has a variety pack with low sugar (4g) and 120 calories.
  • Richie2shoes
    Richie2shoes Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I'll have either:

A. 2 whole wheat panckakes with sugar free jelly and 2 links of turkey sausage - 332 calories
    B. An English muffin with 2 Tbsp of peanut butter and apple slices - 420 calories
    C. A breakfast burrito made with a taco size tortilla shell, 1 egg, 2 slices of turkey bacon, 2 Tbsp of shredded cheese, diced peppers, onions and mushrooms.- 272 calories.

I make the pancakes and sausage on the weekends, and freeze them in single serve packs. I also chop the peppers and onions and keep them in the fridge. All of these can be made/reheated at work in either the microwave or toaster.
  • smallerWORD
    Options
    under 350. I like that. I will try it. thanks!
  • Lind140
    Lind140 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    You can still enjoy some of your favorites, if you have time to make them yourself. I still have a bacon and egg sandwich
    about once a week, I use Sara Lee 40 cal 9 grain bread, egg beaters, (spray pan with cooking spray) and 2 strips of lean
    bacon. I buy a pound of center cut bacon, cut it in half, divide it into 4 portions and freeze in the perfect portion bags.

french toast is another, same bread, with a tsp of diet oleo. Mix skim milk, vanilla flavoring,
    a dash of cinnamon, 2 pkgs of Truvia together. stir, dip bread and cook in pan that oleo has melted in.

Do you like waffles? I use 1/2 cup heart healthy Bisquick, skim milk, 1 tsp vanilla, 2 pkgs Truvia, spray waffle
    iron with Pam, make mixture thin and pour evenly into iron and cook til golden brown. Add fresh fruit on top if
    desired. I use low sugar syrup if I want that. These are once a week treats that I enjoy, the rest of the week, is
    cheerios, rice chex, greek yogurt, light toast etc, I am physically unable to eat for several hours after I wake up so I take
    it easy ususally and only splurge about once a week. Hope this helps, it's just some ideas!
  • 2FatToRun
    Options
    Whatever you want! :laugh: Just make sure that you count the calories.

I usually have either Greek yoghurt & cereal & berries with a little maple syrup or honey; or potato, tomatoes, eggs and spinach, fried with canola spray in a non-stick pan, and sometimes I add a tiny half teaspoon of butter as well. Sometimes I use the eggs and mash with a banana and make pancakes, and have berries and ricotta or yoghurt on top. Or I might have my eggs on a slice of toast. I aim for a decent breakfast.

I steer away from bacon altho I LOVE bacon, because I find the high sodium is bad for me. That's why I usually have potato rather than bread, as bread has sodium.

Just punch stuff into your diary, see what the numbers show, think about what might be better.

Have you tried turkey bacon? I noticed there is even a low sodium one now. I have turkey bacon everyday! Pork bacon is too high in sodium as much as I love it :sad:
  • smallerWORD
    Options
    perfect! thanks!