Replies

• Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    COFFEE!
  • BrownEyedGiRL928
    BrownEyedGiRL928 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    1 Cup of Cereal (Special K, Cheerios, Total Raisin Bran, Rice Crispies... a cereal that is not high in surgar and is low in calories)
    1/2 Cup Skim Milk
    1 Fruit (Sliced Banana, 1 Cup Sliced Strawberries, Peach, Apple, Orange)
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever is available, really.

Some days I grab two eggs to scramble up at work. Some days I grab the leftovers from dinner. Really just depends what is looking at me when I open the fridge door lol
  • TheKeithEllis
    TheKeithEllis Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Most days it's just cereal and skimmed milk for me! Weekends may include toast or croissants, but I really am not a big eater in the mornings.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Ice cream sandwiches! You're an adult now. No one can stop you!
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Anything you like.

Meal times and meal compositions are socially created ideas - not physiological or biological ones.
  • xoxomarshmallow
    Options
    * Mango, passionfruit & natural yoghurt smoothie.
    * Lightly toasted high fibre brown bread with sliced organic banana & pure green tea.
    * 1 large grapefruit & a glass of ice cold water.
    * 1 Sliced green apple filled with 1tbsp organic peanut butter.
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Anything you like.

Meal times and meal compositions are socially created ideas - not physiological or biological ones.

I agree I have base meals but if I get hungry between I EAT!!! Do what works for you but PLZ dont starve yourself listen to your booty!
  • JohnnyResets
    JohnnyResets Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to be healthier so now it's a 3 or 4 egg white omelet with one piece of cheese, or protein shake with yogurt and berries, or on the fly now a Quest bar is great, plus it's really high in fiber too.
  • freebird777
    Options
    I have the following every weekday for breakfast...and its great bc you can make it the night before:

1/2 c rolled oats (just plain, no sugar added)
    1 c unsweetened almond milk
    1 TBSP each of ground flaxseed, chia seeds, unsweetened cocoa powder, and sliced almonds
    1 cut up and slightly mashed banana
    a few drops of organic stevia sweetener

i call it my "chocolate covered banana cereal", haha.

It's DELISH and really holds me until lunch. It makes me feel much more satisfied than the nonfat greek yogurt I was eating previously for breakfast. hope that helps!
  • OriginalKatie
    OriginalKatie Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    My usual breakfast includes breakfast burritos, bacon egg cheese croissants (Gosh I miss those) or French Toast with 4 pieces of bacon. Now that I am working out like a dog, I be d@mned if I do all that moving around and sweating in vain. What's better out of oatmeal with raisins, pecans, butter and sugar vs. omlett with cheese spinach and meat? Or what can I eat that's low in calories for breakfast?

If you're going to have oats for breakfast, go ahead and add fruit and nuts to it - that's great, but don't add butter and sugar to it! Butter and sugar are extra "empty" calories that will not promote fat loss or health in general.

My favourite breakfast is greek/natural yogurt with fruit, nuts, and flax seeds; or oats with fruit and nuts; or poached eggs on whole grain toast. I'm not a big fan of scrambled eggs, so I always have poached instead.
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Just figure out what fits your macros and what works well for you. For me, about 300 calories works well for me. Fruit/veggies don't satisfy me in the AM.

My rotation at work is:
    Paleo pancakes with a hard boiled egg and 2 slices bacon (I'm not paleo but they're just almond butter, eggs, cinnamon and bananas)
    Steel cut oats made with water, then mixed with brown sugar and raisins
    English muffin with almond butter & honey
    English muffin with jam and a hard boiled egg
    Egg cups and bacon (I blend eggs with salt, pepper and spinach, mix with carmelized mushrooms and/or onions, bake in muffin tins)

At home or on weekends it's usually:
    Rosemary garlic bread with an egg, slice of cheese, bacon and side of fruit
    Cereal (I like Raisin Bran, Life, Kashi Go Lean Crunch, shredded wheat) with almond milk
    Homemade waffles with maple syrup

When I worked out first thing in the AM, I had a half an english muffin with almond butter and honey plus 4oz of orange juice before. Then I had the other half an english muffin with almond butter & honey, plus a protein shake, a glass of water and a banana after.
  • OriginalKatie
    OriginalKatie Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have the following every weekday for breakfast...and its great bc you can make it the night before:

1/2 c rolled oats (just plain, no sugar added)
    1 c unsweetened almond milk
    1 TBSP each of ground flaxseed, chia seeds, unsweetened cocoa powder, and sliced almonds
    1 cut up and slightly mashed banana
    a few drops of organic stevia sweetener

i call it my "chocolate covered banana cereal", haha.

It's DELISH and really holds me until lunch. It makes me feel much more satisfied than the nonfat greek yogurt I was eating previously for breakfast. hope that helps!

Yum! Might have to try that one!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    This is fairly typical for me on a weekend...

20130406_082322.jpg

During the week though, I usually stick to my omelette or scrambled eggs with my oats and strawberries. Just because you're at a calorie deficit doesn't mean your food has to suck.
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    This is fairly typical for me on a weekend...

20130406_082322.jpg

During the week though, I usually stick to my omelette or scrambled eggs with my oats and strawberries. Just because you're at a calorie deficit doesn't mean your food has to suck.

Recipe plz thats looks effin amazing!!!
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Anything you like.

I agree I have base meals but if I get hungry between I EAT!!! Do what works for you but PLZ dont starve yourself listen to your booty!

I urge everyone to yes, listen to their bootys.

We live in a strange, strange world where eating cake for breakfast (muffins) seems perfectly acceptable but say you are eating steak and eggs, or left over curry and they look at you like you have two heads...
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite breakfasts is a homemade "egg McMuffin," for roughly 300 calories. I use a Thomas' Triple Health English Muffin, toasted, 1 egg, 1 oz of deli ham and 1 slice of Sargento's Ultra Thin Provolone cheese. It keeps me going for about 3-4 hours.

My other 'go to' breakfast is mix together 1/2 c lowfat plain yogurt, 1/4 non fat cottage cheese, 1 packet stevia (I use Truvia), 1/4 t vanilla, 1/2 banana, diced, 1/2 c blueberries or diced strawberries, 1 T chopped walnuts or pecans. If you're going to eat it right away go ahead and add 1/4 Uncle Sam cereal. If you're going to eat it a little later, keep the cereal in a separate container and add at the last minute so it doesn't get soggy. This is closer to 350 calories, I believe.

If you're going to do the omelette, use egg whites only or go very sparingly on the cheese. When I make omelettes I use 3-4 egg whites and only one yolk and then only use about 2 T of shredded low fat cheese. Your oatmeal is fine but I would eliminate the butter and sugar. I like to add Truvia and cinnamon to mine. Kashi 7-grain waffles with fruit and yogurt are also a good choice for breakfast.
  • alisa1958
    alisa1958 Posts: 16
    Options
    this is what i eat for breakfast:

1/2 fresh grapefruit
    3 hard boil eggs ( eat only ONE yolk))
    I slice of a whole wheat or rye toast, or ((1) english muffin light (100 calories)
    serving of hummus (put on the toast or english muffin, better for you then jam and butter)
    coffee with cream and truvia sugar

It will be a little over 300 calories

You want to aim for about 300 calories for breakfast as it is the most
    important meal of the day

hope this helps
  • mandy9779
    Options
    I have a English Muffin, 1/4 cup eggbeaters with pepper, 1 1/2 turkey sausage patties, and a slice of swiss cheese. Yummy filling breakfast sandwhich for less than 300 calories!
  • lovelyladyJ21
    lovelyladyJ21 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I use to hate breakfast time, because I could never find anything that sounded good/tasted good. I like pancakes and what not but I have to be in a certain mood for them and that time only comes maybe 2 or 3 times a year. But just recently I've started making my own egg burritos, oatmeal with brown sugar and peanut butter, yogurt with granola and almonds and that's just a few of them!!!