Wine connoisseur aka functioning alcoholic seeks friends.

Options
Hi there,

New here to try and lose some of those kilos gained over the winter months eating cheese in front of the fire whilst drinking copious amounts of wine and basically not moving. Just get the boyfriend to reach over and fill the glass right?! As a result the summer wardrobe that I was so looking forward to wear again makes me look like a balloon with some very heavy squeezing around the middle. Not pretty. Not on here to become an anorexic in-patient, I enjoy being bigger and love my food and wine, but one must admit defeat when it's due. And here it is.

Anyone who'd like to friend me in support of shared goal?

Oh and before you send me of to the AA... erm... you are probably right. But I'll try this first.

Replies

• Amyp7777
    Amyp7777 Posts: 79
    Options
    Hi,

You can friend me if you want. I spent the long winter in much the same way. Now that the weather is nice, I'm looking forward to doing more outdoorsy things, like sitting outside and drinking wine. I have no plans to stop drinking wine, but I am trying to cut back (recently with wine spritzers which I used to make fun of, but are not bad), exercise, and eat the healthiest calories I can. I'd like to lose about ten pounds to feel comfortable in my pants again. I don't know how motivating I am...but I can try.
  • HoosierBecky
    HoosierBecky Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    <<Waives hand in the air>> Another functioning alcoholic with tight pants ready to make new friends!
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    you're welcome to add me, i'm more of a bourbon/whiskey drinker who's cut down for fitness sake
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Former best friend of Smirnoff, Jose Cuervo, and Seagram... Never did bother with first names... Ditched them April 22, 1988... Yes almost 25 years sober... You can still add me if you would like some support with this...
  • shriekum
    shriekum Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    High five from me. :drinker:
    Missing the alcohol but enjoying the weight loss :happy:
    Feel free to add me, I will help if I can
  • ninjataxi
    ninjataxi Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm new here too, and suffering from a few too many glasses of wine on the sofa in the evening. Would love to join up so we can figure out how to enjoy the odd glass and fit back into the trousers without having to leap in from a great height!
  • Shelby1582
    Shelby1582 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    :happy: Pretty sure I found my twin! Hi there, I won't send you to AA! Wine and cheese are two of my favorite things in the world! Realized that eating mounds of gouda was a mistake when my pants wouldn't button. I've cut back on cheese but have to work out to get the wine allowance in
  • Sarah_L_S
    Sarah_L_S Posts: 121
    Options
    Add me if you like... I try to eat well and exercise a lot, but 'Rioja' is always on my most used foods list!
  • TheNewo
    TheNewo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    My favorite introduction to date -request sent.
  • girlygirl2235
    Options
    ahhhh Beer is my weakness....but like the wine too.... :):bigsmile:
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Love me wine and chocolate...and hit my goal without giving up either one. :drinker: feel free to friend me.
  • suzieduh
    suzieduh Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    *waves hand in air*

Im a beer/vodka/methanol kinda girl ;-)
  • JenniferMary_9169
    Options
    You had me at "functioning alcoholic"...FR sent :drinker:
  • mari213
    mari213 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Yay!!!! Add me, please!! I love my vino!!! :drinker:
  • JenniferMary_9169
    Options
    oh yeah, to any other lushes out there feel free to add me :drinker:
  • sarahkalt88
    sarahkalt88 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I love me some local hops, and a good bottle of grapes over here! And I think cheese was my first true love <3 Feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • WildWayfaringWoman
    Options
    One time when I was attending a weight watchers-type group, I said, "I really miss my wine... now I never miss Mass so I can have a little sip of vino during communion." Another member suggested that I was in the wrong support group, LOL.
  • jtutte
    jtutte Posts: 1
    Options
    Have just joined hence no pic yet .... but what's all this 'giving up alcohol' can anyone explain what that means?? ;-)
  • 140bySept
    Options
    I feel your pain, sister. Wine is a food group.

I reckon that if I lived in France, my intake would be perfectly acceptable. I'd still be fat but I'd be happy. And in France. As it is I live in Ireland, where Guinness is recognised as a meal replacement. I can't even find my skinny jeans, let alone fit into them but I fully intend to do both in September. So I now exercise to allow for my alcohol. Vodka with diet tonic is all well and good when you're in a pub where the wine would be dubious, anyway, but it's no substitute for a meaty shiraz in the comfort of your own home. I've got a wee Fitbit gizmo that motivates me to walk much more than I normally would; it informs me that half-an-hour's brisk walk burns enough calories for half a bottle of wine. Now I just have to work out how far I have to go for the Camembert. When I can translate calories burned into tangible (preferably fermented) reality, then I can motivate myself.

Hey, maybe instead of the traditional 'weekly weigh in' we could have a roll-call of the Weekend Wine we earned ...
  • gaynorv
    gaynorv Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Losing weight here but not the wine - my goodness I'd rather exercise!! Feel to add me as a friend, 32 down and on every day : )