Wine connoisseur aka functioning alcoholic seeks friends.

Options

Replies

• Shelleo71
    Shelleo71 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hello! Another wine lover and in need of shedding some pounds! Would love to have some new friends to keep me motivated!

=)

Little about me..........41, married mother of a 4-yr old boy. He keeps me hopping.....would like to be lighter while hopping!
  • namluv
    namluv Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    ah yes.. I belong here... :) Don't forget the chocolate though.
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Erm..... if you're looking for 'casual encounters' I suggest you try datingforlosers.com.... I'm her boyfriend. :flowerforyou:

awww no...you didnt go there did you?....shucks
  • jemimasmum
    jemimasmum Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I thought wine was one of my 5-a day....add me if you haven't found enough boozy friends by now!
  • kloser2kona
    Options
    I'll drink to that (((( raises glass)))))
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Hey I see you're in London.

I'm in London as well. :happy:

Does wine lower your inhibitions and make you more relaxed and open to casual encounters?

If so . . . shoot me a FR.

:flowerforyou:

You know I can see your posts, right honey??

slap.gif

Seriously OP, best intro post I've read...
  • Bumblebap
    Bumblebap Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Welll honey, if you want a date you know where to get it from.
  • JeffTCole
    JeffTCole Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Enjoying a glass of wine while reading this post. FR sent..
  • Bumblebap
    Bumblebap Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Erm..... if you're looking for 'casual encounters' I suggest you try datingforlosers.com.... I'm her boyfriend. :flowerforyou:

awww no...you didnt go there did you?....shucks

Sorry, should have 'quoted' on this post. 'Well, if you want a date you know where you to get it from honey'.
  • beckyboop712
    beckyboop712 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Ah, yes, me too. Not willing to give up the wine, mostly because it helps me keep my sanity on crazy days. Might indulge in a glass or two tonight
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I agree with you, cutting out alcohol (specifially wine) would make me lose weight faster but I would be miserable! I still have my glass or two every night to relax after work. But I admit, that I did have a problem a few months ago. I went to France on vacation in september, drank probably a bottle or two a day, then when I came back, kind of went through a bottle every 2 days..weight plumped up a bit, but I've cut back down now. Hooray!

btw...friend request sent!
  • butterfly2712
    butterfly2712 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to converse with like minded people! Wine has health benefits after all! Finding last several months have involved more wine than usual but then, life has not been usual. Moderation.
  • Shelleo71
    Shelleo71 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me ....I'd be glad to add you also. =)

Sipping on my wine as I type. Alas, only one glass tonight as I didn't stock up. {{{DARN}}}
  • closedforrenovation
    Options
    Yep... I enjoyed wine all winter like it was my job, with occasional breaks for a lovely single malt scotch (which goes all too wonderfully with chocolate). Now that summer cocktail season is almost upon us it's pants panic time!
  • HoosierBecky
    HoosierBecky Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm in such good company here.
  • jingchih
    jingchih Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    you can add me..Love wine...live close to multiple wine country ( napa, livermore, sonoma...etc ). It has been hard trying to lose while can not stop drinking wine :(...love to share the experience :)
  • jaxCarrie
    jaxCarrie Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Same boat - love wine...love it enough to take up running so I don't have to give it up....life is too short to drink bad (or no) wine!!!!
  • violettatx
    violettatx Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I like your style! I like my wine, and I still have a glass most nights (after the gym of course). Feel free to add me. That goes for the rest of you fun lovers also.
  • jennsee84
    jennsee84 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm on the same mission. I love beer, shots, and wine, but it has taken over my minimal free time. Plus not working out because I was either drinking or nursing a hangover added to my entire body bloating beyond recognition. I have vowed not to drink for at least 3 months. If the trajectory of my diet and workouts are correct I should lose around 20 or more lbs by July. I need all the support I can get though this also because I couldn't even tell you when the last time I was involved with an activity that didn't involve alcohol. I'm here when ever ya need me fo sho!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options

It's cool.

My therapist says I should be open to new ideas.

jonzl_zps658fae56.gif