High calorie boost needed

Options
2»

Replies

• 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Look at my diary...pretty similar gross calorie goals.

Have it bookmarked now TY I like seeing low sodium as well perfect perfect perfect
  • DesireeLovesOrganic
    DesireeLovesOrganic Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I make a smoothie with hemp powder, raw cacao, peanut butter, almonds, a banana, and almond milk and it has 530 cal....
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Custard, I always give my kids custard on top of their ice cream when they need extra. Are you worried about sugar? Flavoured milks can be great for adding calories. Seriously chocolate milk is supposed to be great. If I am out and not eating enough, I go a iced coffee milk. Really refreshing.
  • 2FatToRun
    Options
    Custard, I always give my kids custard on top of their ice cream when they need extra. Are you worried about sugar? Flavoured milks can be great for adding calories. Seriously chocolate milk is supposed to be great. If I am out and not eating enough, I go a iced coffee milk. Really refreshing.

no health issues to worry about sugar but prefer to consume real sugar I do not partake in fake sugars
  • libertygirlfla
    libertygirlfla Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Make a smoothie with blueberries, spinach, a tablespoon of flax seeds (50 cals) a banana (100 cals), peanut butter (200 cals) OR almonds (150 cals) and a generous scoop of full fat greek yogurt. Use whole milk for the liquid. Pour into a big glass and sip through a straw so you don't get full too quickly. It's high calorie, and very nutrient dense! Mine equals about 420 calories. You could also sneak in the olive oil or avocado. The other ingredients will help mask the flavors or at least make them easier to consume.

Good luck!

Lib
  • SarahDavs
    SarahDavs Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hummus.

like...a whole tub?

Full fat cheese/milk/yogurt.

NUTS
    ^4 TBSP = 120 calories
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Ice cream and peanut butter smoothie ;)

My new favourite snack is a scoop of vanilla whey mixed into greek yoghurt. I use total 0% (because the regular doesnt come in handy one serving sizes to take to work) but you could bump up the cals using the regular full fat stuff.
  • LZW212
    LZW212 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    BEEF... LOTS OF BEEF. Contains a good amount of calories and protein if you go with 85% lean ground beef.
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I would say try to drink your calories in a healthy way. Smoothies with full fat milk and yogurt. Full fat versions of everything. Also if you are trying to add a ton of calories right away you may need to slow down try upping by 100 for a week, then another 100 and so on til you are at your calorie goal. If I've learned anything from using MFP it's that slow and steady adjustments are the easiest to achieve and maintain.
  • 2FatToRun
    Options
    BEEF... LOTS OF BEEF. Contains a good amount of calories and protein if you go with 85% lean ground beef.

I do love a nice juicy burger!