Dinosaurs: Do YOU believe they exist?

Options
124»

Replies

• disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    To this day, I believe I saw a pterodactyl-like creature flying in northeastern Ohio sometime around 1977-I was 10 years old.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    To this day, I believe I saw a pterodactyl-like creature flying in northeastern Ohio sometime around 1977-I was 10 years old.

Nah, that was probably just a Rust Belt industrial mutant.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Weren't Velociraptors made up by Michael Crichton? The biggest "raptor" they found was about waist high on the average man until the Utahraptor was found.

And I am agreed on the need for more dino-threads. I love me some dinos. :drinker:

Yeah he exaggerated a bunch, never believe media. Also mixing cretaceous and Jurassic dinosaurs just annoyed me to bits. Why not just call it cretaceous park?

Well, it WAS a work of fiction, and Jurassic Park just sounds better.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Weren't Velociraptors made up by Michael Crichton? The biggest "raptor" they found was about waist high on the average man until the Utahraptor was found.

And I am agreed on the need for more dino-threads. I love me some dinos. :drinker:

Yeah he exaggerated a bunch, never believe media. Also mixing cretaceous and Jurassic dinosaurs just annoyed me to bits. Why not just call it cretaceous park?
    Because no one would go see a movie called Cretaceous Park. Who can even spell that for Fandango? Duh!
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I have removed several posts that were about religion and not about dinosaurs. Fun dino talk that doesn't become a religious debate is fine, but please keep it respectful and focused on the dinosaurs.

Thanks!
    Olivia

From our community guidelines:
    2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic within a forum topic. Off-topic or derogatory remarks are disrespectful. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.

4. Show Respect to All Groups and Individuals
    No derogatory references to sex, gender, weight, body-type, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation, or endorsement of violence against any person or group, even if couched in humor, will be permitted. This includes expressing stereotypes about any group or community.
  • charlesnapolitano
    charlesnapolitano Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    yes i believe they exist...i wonder how they were
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    i always liked those little ones that spit venom at you and have that colorful fan that goes up around their head.. what are those ones called?
  • foxro
    foxro Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    At my age I have been referred to as a dinosaur, so if I exist I indeed need to believe in myself. However...............

I was always so very fascinated by them, when I was younger my life dream was to be a paleontologist, plastic models, movies, monster movies of reptiles/lizards all so very cool. What did I do ? become an engineer... oh well cheers everyone !!!
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options

http://www.jurassictimes.com/velociraptor

You might find this interesting.

Monica