Weight?? Body fat?? Size??

Options
2»

Replies

• Sunny_fit4life
    Sunny_fit4life Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    My objective is to be healthy for the long run. This is a journey. Choose your battles carefully. Trying to optimize all at once does not work for me.

Great point! One step at a time is a good way to make permanent change.
  • jessicaj22
    Options
    Define Huge... From what I saw on your page, your highest weight was 142... What does that make me? Obese?

Congrats on losing 161 pounds though..
    How do you figure your goal? Are you going to a certain size? Do you care about weight? Is it your BMI? Your body fat%

Mine was weight but I am thinking maybe just BF and size?? I just don't know...hard when you get closer to your original goal weight and it moves way to slow....

1 Weight (for I was huge) => 2 Body fat percentage (to consciously avoid the danger zone) => 3 Targeted size(s) (some for work purposes)
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    jessicaj22:
    Define Huge... From what I saw on your page, your highest weight was 142@1 Weight (for I was huge) => 2 Body fat percentage (to consciously avoid the danger zone) => 3 Targeted size(s) (some for work purposes)... What does that make me? Obese?

Congrats on losing 161 pounds though..

Prior to being recommended I join MFP, I was a whopping 297 lb (September 2012). Joined MFP when I'd weighed 287 lb (within the month of November). 142 lb as you'd spotted on my profile was of a different progressive facet of my de-fatting phase ~ Phase 1, knowing that I was entering into the average weight category NOT where I'd started ~ obese. I'd chosen to have it there as a reminder to me of what is normal weight, before I'd started working towards my working weight.
  • Txracy
    Txracy Posts: 78
    Options
    My goal isn't a weight, since you can line up several different people who weigh the same, and see drastic differences in their body. Clothing size? God, they're so different just between brands that it doesn't make sense to base my goals on something that isn't even a constant!

My goal is to be better, faster, stronger runner.

Killer abs wouldn't hurt either, of course.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I used to care about weight. I don't anymore, I lift heavy weights, so I'm going to end up weighing more for my height anyway. I have no way to accurately measure my body fat right now, so I'm not going by that. I would go by measurements, but I don't really know what's normal/attractive for my height. My current measurements are generally considered ideal, but I'm very short (4' 10 1/2") so it looks bigger on me. Clothing size varies so very widely depending on maker, so no, I don't go by that. Right now I'm anywhere from an XS-L depending on maker.

I'll just go until I'm happy with what I see in the mirror. Almost there.
  • flywithabowtie
    flywithabowtie Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    My first goal is to get under 200lbs, then I would like to get my waist down to a 34. After that, I will just try my best to maintain those stats.
  • muayqis
    muayqis Posts: 72
    Options
    Weight + performance.
    Stupid Scales.
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    weight.... im stuck at 70 kilo but my BF is 18% so thats not too bad:) id like to be smaller but it so so hard to get there. my size could be smaller maybe a 10 im ok though being this now im at maintenance atm
  • Bonny619
    Bonny619 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    When I can feel comfortable wearing a skirt above the knee. That's the goal.
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    to maintain my current weight while eating as many calories as that permits