Why are people not happy for you when you lose weight??

Options
124»

Replies

• bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I couldn't care less if 'other ' people are happy for me or not..as long as the people in my life are proud of me, thats all I care about.

People you might have known for a long time would get bothered because they like to brand you as being overweight...most of the jerks I know are struggling to deal with what I have transformed into.

But like I say, I could care less about them.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    I agree it is jealousy. I had a friend know about this site and she knew I was trying to lose weight and never told me about it, go figure, I think it is jealousy. If I know someone is struggling with their weight I would definitely tell them about MFP.
  • a_certain_shade_of_green
    Options
    does it matter? youre doing it for yourself after all arent you?

yeah its nice when people say "well done" etc... but is that why youre doing it?

if youve answered these questions already then im sorry but i havent read all the replies :]
  • blonde20fan
    blonde20fan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I agree, they are jealous or they have some inner conflict with their own weight that keeps them from being happy about your loss. I have lost 50 pounds in the last 2 years and people think that I have been sick or that "something is wrong in my life" for me to be losing weight. Really??? I am exercising and changing my eating habits. It hurts but I learned that the only person in my life I have to make happy is myself.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    I haven't heard any congrats, but I haven't felt like anyone hates me either. That's what I like about mfp, all the compliments. If I need a compliment to boost my self esteem I can get it here. Mostly, though, I do this for me.
  • vickydubuis
    vickydubuis Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Some people are jealous, some people are not and are actually proud. My proud friends will congratulate me and my jealous friends will laugh at me when I eat a salad if we are out. Weird how life works, but we must persevere!
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Jealousyyy...
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Not everyone will share the same sentiments unfortunately. Try not to let it get you down and congrats on your progress. :smile:

8488541.png