anyone else dislike healthy foods?

Options
124»

Replies

• ParkerH47
    ParkerH47 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    the key is local fresh veggies and fruit - if they are part of the problem. The more ripe and in season they are - and the closest you can get to picking them right off the vine, yum, its like heaven! strawberries, asparagus, rhubarb and carrots are just starting to get amazing. in the next month try and get one of those that interests you at the farmers market. maybe it sounds pretentious or whatever but trust me it makes all the difference with fruit and veggies
  • mistesh
    mistesh Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    people who claim to hate veggies generally suffer from a palate that has adapted to the standard american diet. eventually, if you slowly increase your consumption of them, your tastes will change.

Indeed. With improved taste sensibility, you'll discover and want the finer things in life.
  • RecoveringSugarAddict
    Options
    I am the exact same way! I have heard it gets easier and more filling with time, though.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    IFFYM
  • bronnyd
    bronnyd Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I am amazed at the number of people who don't like vegetables - I love them and eat tons of them. Also, when I eat unhealthy food I feel horrible - which isn't to say I never eat healthy food but once in a while as opposed to all the time.

Me too! I am also amazed at the number of people I have come across on MFP who say they "hate the taste of water". I'm sorry, what?! Who knew that was a thing...? :ohwell:
  • jourdanerin
    jourdanerin Posts: 69
    Options
    Start small. Sub the fries for apples and enjoy some chicken strips.

Or order a salad (watch what kind of dressing you use!) and a Kid's size fry.

I've been a chicken strip and fry person since I was like 4 years old!!!

Now, I don't really crave them. I started by slowly substituting one unhealthy item for a healthy item and found it was easier to do.

ALSO... I like the fact that I can eat an enormous amount of veggies or fruit for such a low calorie intake :) One serving of fast food chicken fingers and fries leaves me like... 4 calories for the rest of the day (haha, okay maybe a little more than that but you get my point)