Run/Walk For Boston

Options
124»

Replies

• themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    A suggestion to you runners and walkers. You might consider joining EveryMove (https://everymove.org) an exercise rewards program. It's free and easy to use. As you log your runs and walks, you earn points. One of the rewards you can earn (for 1000 points) is a $5 donation to the Boston One Fund! I'm a walker and I generally accrue about 100 points a day and since my reward is the One Fund, it means about $15 a month is going to help the bombing victims. For exercising and activities I need and want to do anyway. Big, jumbo Win-Win!

The goal of EveryMove is to get people moving and more active so all kinds of activities count toward points. Running, walking, weightlifting of course, but also yardwork, gardening, and playing catch with your dog. The points really add up! Oh, and on "active days" you get awarded bonus points.

You do not need a tracker like a Fitbit or Body Media to use EveryMove. The honor system is fine. But you can use a tracker and will get awarded more points for activities that can be verified by something like a Fitbit. MFP is now integrated with EveryMove, which I believe means exercises logged in MFP will be ported over to EveryMove.

As you can tell, I'm pretty enthusiastic about EveryMove. I love it! It's definitely helped me be more active. I view it as a daily game. How active can I be? Can I get an active day bonus 5 days this week? But unlike most games that people enjoy, EveryMove is helping me stay healthy and fit AND results in a real world donation to help the Boston bombing victims. How great is that? Try doing that with Farmville.:smile:

Best wishes, everyone!
  • healthfulnow
    healthfulnow Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Previous total: 31 miles

Updated total as of May 5th - 40 Boston Strong miles.
  • healthfulnow
    Options
    A suggestion to you runners and walkers. You might consider joining EveryMove (https://everymove.org) an exercise rewards program. It's free and easy to use. As you log your runs and walks, you earn points. One of the rewards you can earn (for 1000 points) is a $5 donation to the Boston One Fund! I'm a walker and I generally accrue about 100 points a day and since my reward is the One Fund, it means about $15 a month is going to help the bombing victims. For exercising and activities I need and want to do anyway. Big, jumbo Win-Win!

The goal of EveryMove is to get people moving and more active so all kinds of activities count toward points. Running, walking, weightlifting of course, but also yardwork, gardening, and playing catch with your dog. The points really add up! Oh, and on "active days" you get awarded bonus points.

You do not need a tracker like a Fitbit or Body Media to use EveryMove. The honor system is fine. But you can use a tracker and will get awarded more points for activities that can be verified by something like a Fitbit. MFP is now integrated with EveryMove, which I believe means exercises logged in MFP will be ported over to EveryMove.

As you can tell, I'm pretty enthusiastic about EveryMove. I love it! It's definitely helped me be more active. I view it as a daily game. How active can I be? Can I get an active day bonus 5 days this week? But unlike most games that people enjoy, EveryMove is helping me stay healthy and fit AND results in a real world donation to help the Boston bombing victims. How great is that? Try doing that with Farmville.:smile:

Best wishes, everyone!

Thanks for the info - when I complete this challenge I will personally donate to the victim fund and then start with the Everymove challenge.
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options

Best wishes, everyone!

This is amazing, I'm definitely checking this out. Thank you!
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    Options
    51.2 miles run for Boston!
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    Options
    54.3 miles run for Boston!! Over 2 marathons distance complete! #runnersunite
  • healthfulnow
    Options
    Previous total: 40 miles
    Updated total as of 5/8 - 49 BOSTON STRONG miles!
  • vivaldirules
    vivaldirules Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    6 miles run in the rain this morning for Boston and marathoners and victims! My total so far is 47.0 with 5.4 to go by Wednesday.
  • vivaldirules
    Options
    Another 6 miles run this morning and so my total is now 53.0 for BOSTON and MARATHONERS!. The last mile was spent entirely thinking about the victims and families. We support you all!
  • healthfulnow
    Options
    Previous total - 49 miles
    Updated total as of 5/11 - 56 BOSTON STRONG miles!
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    Options
    60.3 miles #BostonStrong
  • vivaldirules
    Options
    I ran another 6.0 miles this morning for a total of 59.0 for BOSTON! I may even be able to do another run or two before Wednesday, too. BOSTON STRONG!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fzu76u34LQo
  • healthfulnow
    Options
    Previous total - 56 miles
    Updated total as of 5/12 - 59 BOSTON STRONG miles!

It is finished but the PRAYERS continue!
  • vivaldirules
    Options
    6.0 miles run this morning for a total of 65.0 so far. I'm going to try one more run tomorrow.....for BOSTON!!!
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Total of 65.73
  • vivaldirules
    Options
    Terrific! On this last day of the 30 day challenge to run/walk for Boston, I'm headed out now for one last 6 mile run. Let's go!!

To see a list of the victims and then learn about each of them, follow this link and then the link to the far right of each person's name.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/specials/boston_marathon_bombing_victim_list/
  • vivaldirules
    Options
    Terrific! On this last day of the 30 day challenge to run/walk for Boston, I'm headed out now for one last 6 mile run. Let's go!!

To see a list of the victims and then learn about each of them, follow this link and then the link to the far right of each person's name.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/specials/boston_marathon_bombing_victim_list/

Woohoo! 71.0 miles for Boston and marathoners!!!