bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    "Muscle weighs more than fat"

Evacuate thread!!!!!

Given same volume, doesn't it?
  • beckymlong
    beckymlong Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I hope I can clear up the confusion - lets hope I get it correct now (please correct me if I'm wrong), by eating such a little amount it puts your body under stress and therefore thinks that it is going to starve (even though you are not but you cant tell your body what to do). This means that when you do eat it stores every last calorie it can in case it needs it at a later date. YES you need to eat at a deficit (which is why they often suggest TDEE - 10 to 20%) but it needs to be at a deficit that still nourishes the body particularly if active and exercising. These calories stored prevent you from losing the excess weight or fat(?) because your body is holding on to it just in case, if you eat a decent amount of food (unfortunately it often needs trial and error to find out how much - doing it myself currently) it feeds your body but doesnt need to store anything as it knows it will be fed enough later....
  • beckymlong
    beckymlong Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    As for the OP I'm currently trying to figure out my calorie levels it is often trial and error but I have been told to give it enough time for your body to adjust, try to make a lifestyle change rather than all this yoyo dieting and good luck