How often do you work out?

Options

Replies

• proton77
    proton77 Posts: 409
    Options
    6 days a week. 3 days weights and 3 days cardio/stretch.
  • Brownsbacker4evr
    Brownsbacker4evr Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    5 days a week. Lifting heavy. One area of focus each day during lifting sessions. (Chest, Arms, etc.) I do light cardio certain days for about 15 minutes. Waiting on some boxing gloves so I can start doing the boxing drills I set up for cardio. The boxing drills take about 45 minutes.
  • airen123
    airen123 Posts: 149
    Options
    workout twice a day 6 days a week, also walk 4 miles each day.

I break this down as 3x a week 45 minute heavy lifting sessions MWF
    Zumba 5x a weekfor an hour on T-W-TH-S-S
    Then supplement rest with easy jog or elliptical for the second workout of the day...
    I walk a lot! Averaging an hour each day M-F. Benefit of working downtown.

I don't believe in rest days. I've been like this for years. I come from a very active family.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Currently doing the 30 Day Shred.... on day 5 right now. I try to work out atleast 5 days/week (the 20min video for Shred and usually some other kind of activity like hiking, working in the yard, etc in addition).
  • MissAssister
    Options
    5 days per week

Monday 6am gym - hour weight training - chest
    Tuesday 6am gym - hour weight training - arms
    Thursday 9am gym - hour or more weights - shoulders
    Friday lunchtime trainer session - more weights - back/mixed (focusing on excellent form and new movements and generally killing me...)
    Saturday 7am gym weights session - leg day!!

I work full time but have flexible starting hours as long as I do my 8 hours a day.
  • silverinc13
    silverinc13 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Work out daily in the morning M-F at the gym, 25-45 min of various cardio (different each day), light leg weights M and W, heavy upper body weights T and TH and big leg day F. I run 4 miles or so one day on the weekend and try to hike with the dogs or something on the other day.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I do Strong Lift 5X5 three times a week. I've been wanting to do some cardio 3 times a week as well, but it hasn't been working out for me lately. Too much 'real life' getting in the way. I did squeeze in a 2 mile walk on Monday. Will attempt again today.
  • jaymesjourney
    Options
    Only day I dont "work out" is on Saturdays BUT I am always out of the house on saturdays doing something with my husband.
    At nights I have started insanity and in the mornings I do some sort of cardio(JJ, crunches, lunges, planks, calf raises, russian twists, etc)
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    The past few days...

Thurs - step and Zumba
    Fri - personal training
    Sat - aerobics
    Sun - fitball
    Mon- spin, Zumba and boxercise
    Tues - off
    Wed - off
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    3x a week, 5x5 Stronglifts weight lifting for just under an hour.

Weekends are for rock climbing, or hiking. Short hikes = 4 miles, long hikes = 8+.

Also I walk my dog for 10-20 minutes every other day.
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    I try to do 5-6 days per week. Depending upon the day/ time I get home, I'll do a spin class, Zumba, or just cardio (elliptical, treadmill, bike) for at least an hour 5 days per week. I usually do a weight routine 2 days per week but I hurt my shoulder so I can't do any upper body right now.
  • LauraJo08
    LauraJo08 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday: 1-2 hrs of bootcamp class, depending on how motivated I am/what I'm planning to eat for the day, + 30 minutes of lifting Mon/Wed

Friday: either a rest day, a yoga video, a turbofire video, or a 3-5 mile run.

Saturday: 1 hr bootcamp class, + 30 minutes lifting.

Sunday: Soccer game (90 minutes cardio)
  • mrslcoop
    mrslcoop Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    This is my routine when I'm in my groove. Lately life has gotten in the way, but here it is:

SUNDAY - Yoga (1.5 hours) & Cycling (2 hours)
    MONDAY – Run
    TUESDAY - Arms & Shoulders (lifting - 45 mins)
    WEDNESDAY – Run
    THURSDAY - Chest & Back and Legs (lifting - 1.5 hours)
    FRIDAY - Off
    SATURDAY - Long Run & Cycling (2 hours)

The addition of cycling is dependant on the weather so it’s not an all the time thing I do. I refuse to go to the gym and sit on a bike when I have a gorgeous bike I would prefer to go out and ride.
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Jillian's Extreme Shed and Shred level 1&2 about 4- 5 days a week - so about 5-6½ hours a week
    Not losing weight and getting frustrated - but it is what it is. I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing because I can definitely see abs and biceps, triceps and leg muscles, so something is happening ;)

Edited to add: Plus have I have a very busy 3-year old that keeps me moving. I barely get a chance to sit
  • Ashshell
    Ashshell Posts: 185
    Options
    Awesome! I was worried I was putting too much pressure on myself by feeling the need to go to the gym every day without an "off" day. Seems like that's fairly common.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    It changes a lot, but right now I do the following 4-6 days per week:

1hr ballet class 2X per week
    Jillian Michaels DVD 2-3X per week
    one other day I'll run or lift weights
  • McCelmer
    McCelmer Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Every day (for now). I'm on my third week of Insanity; I also run on the recovery/rest days. I'll take a day off when my body tells me to.
  • leeannewgeorge
    leeannewgeorge Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Usually I power walk 4-6 miles 2 to 3 times a week. Go to cardio and core classes twice a week. Yoga once a week. I try to get in some type of exercise 6 days a week, giving myself 1 day off.
  • harrybananas
    harrybananas Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Any day I don't need rest I'll go. Hate the feeling of skipping a workout when I really don't need to. Feels bad
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I was worried I was putting too much pressure on myself by feeling the need to go to the gym every day without an "off" day. Seems like that's fairly common.

Whether or not working out everyday is good or bad for you depends on the types of exercises you are doing and what your goals are. Sometimes one workout can interfere with the results of another. Determine your goals, do some research and be smart about it.