Question for the ladies...

Options
Lisa1971
Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
Do your hubby or boyfriend know how much you weigh? My husband has NO idea and I refuse to tell him until I'm at my goal. haha! I weigh more than he does and I HATE it! I'd be mortified if he ever found out!

Just wondering if your SO knows your weight?

Replies

• CreativeRedhead
    CreativeRedhead Posts: 2,166
    Options
    Hahaha I'm right there with you! I refuse to tell him. Lol it's a pride thing maybe. But we both admit we've let ourselves go over the last 10 years so we're both working on it.
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Yes, my husband knows that I weigh about 17 pounds more than him currently.

We have been together for 16 years and married for 12. Nothing to hide and I am not ashamed of anything when it comes to my husband..............We have been through far worse than he and I knowing what each other weighs.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    My husband knows. I would prefer that he didn't because it's embarrassing! He only weighs 10lbs more than I do and he is extremely fit and muscular! And now that I'm pregnant, he will be at all my prenatal appointments and see my weight every time they weight me! Ugh!
  • kawade80
    kawade80 Posts: 44
    Options
    He knows. We are both getting healthy and losing weight together.
  • AlannaPie
    AlannaPie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I weighed more than him when we first started dating, but he gained weight. I was secretly happy lol but he does know how much I weigh
  • Ashia1317
    Ashia1317 Posts: 415
    Options
    I'm about 10 lbs heavier than my bf. And yes, he knows my weight as well. For me, the scale is just a number. It may say 142 or 144 or even 150 at my highest, but he tells me I still look sexy to him. And to me that's all that matters.
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend now knows :blushing:

I have lost like 20 lbs since we started dating over a year ago and I always hid it from him.

Then we moved in together and things like that just weren't hidden. He decided he needed to drop a few since I was trying to be healthier. He also saw how much clothes I gave to goodwill because before I met him I was an additional 10-12 lbs heavier than when I met him. Now 30 lbs lighter...

He didn't judge...well maybe a little in his head hehe...but now we do weigh ins together and I can share my specific victories with him and vice versa.

I don't think guys have any idea how much women weigh to begin with and/or they grossly underestimate our weights. I'm 141 now, but I think he thought I was more like 125.

Really though, I would share it with him. Maybe you guys can start working on it together! It was scary for me, but I am glad I did it!
  • dmcpage
    dmcpage Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    He has no idea. The concept of "girl weight" is quite foreign to him. It's quite easy to guess the weight of a man (in my opinion), but near impossible to guess that of a woman since every woman weighs it differently. Just a few months ago we had a conversation which led to me saying "back when I was 200 pounds" and he was like "what, you weighed 200 pounds?!?!?" and he got a little green in the face. I didn't have the heart to tell him that 200 was after losing quite a bit of weight already. I figured when I have hit my goal, I will tell him how far I had to come to get there, how we weighed the same and how much harder it was for me to drop than he. We weighed the same or close to it for quite a while (sometimes I would even weigh more) and that was something both he nor I would want the other to know. I'm now 25 pounds less than him, but he doesn't know that....he just knows that I'm looking good again like my old self. :)
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    He knows. We are both getting healthy and losing weight together.

Ditto! We have a our weekly weigh-in chart taped to the inside of the medicine cabinet - so we can hold each other accountable. Yeah I was embarrassed at first for him to see how much I weigh, but in the long run it's done us BOTH good so we can support each other!
  • GreenieBean
    GreenieBean Posts: 64
    Options
    I always lied about my weight by like 5 to 10 pounds but recently I told him my exact weight and my goal weight. It was scary and I think he was kind of like wow you weigh a lot more than me but he liked the fact that I was honest with him. He weighs 160 and is 6'0 and I weighed 194 and i'm 5'8". It's embarasing to weigh more than your husband or boyfriend :blushing:

I'm glad I told him the truth though because now I can tell him how much I lost and be excited about it. Before I would lie about how much I was losing too lol I was bad :tongue:
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Really though, I would share it with him. Maybe you guys can start working on it together! It was scary for me, but I am glad I did it!

My husband is stick thin and the most unhealthiest man on the planet when it comes to his eating habits. He's never want to give his diet an overhaul or even work out. I am on my own but that's okay! :) I am the one who cooks dinner and even though he eats it he always complains that it's "too healthy." haha.
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    No my hubby nor my boyfriend know how much I weigh.:laugh:
  • amyh2005
    amyh2005 Posts: 4
    Options
    I didn't tell my husband for a long time. We have been married for 4 years and he just found out what my true weight is probably about 6 - 8 months ago . I have gained about 40 pounds since we met 5 years ago which is MAJORLY depressing. He still outweighs me by about 40 pounds but he is a really big muscular guy. He has never had anything negative to say about my weight though so I love him for that - he says he still finds me attractive (although I don't know how!). :)
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    I tell my husband because he's my best friend. When the scale is going up, he's my biggest support and encouragement in words and actions to help me get it back down. And when it goes down, he is the one that celebrates with me.
  • drp121274
    drp121274 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My ex husband (but still my best friend) knows, and has always known. When we started dating 10 yrs ago, we were both at 145. I started gaining weight, and he still said I was sexy. It wasn't until this past year (after we got divorced) that he said that I was actually looking fat. I know he said it because he cares and knows that I needed a kick in the *kitten*. But the funny thing is, in the last 3 years, he slowly gained weight and is also at 179. We have gained the same amount of weight since we met --- and he is my gym partner now and we are both working to get healthy again.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Of course he does!
    ...and he keeps commenting how much my body is changing...:heart:
    such a good man!
  • SquidInTraining
    Options
    I tell my husband because he's my best friend. When the scale is going up, he's my biggest support and encouragement in words and actions to help me get it back down. And when it goes down, he is the one that celebrates with me.

Ditto ... I give my husband the play by play! His encouragement helps keep me going. I know he'll love me no matter what weight I'm at, and him knowing keeps me honest. :)
  • Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    oh hell no...I'm 5'10 and not small at all..my bf is 5'5 and like 125 lbs...no way in hell I'd let him know how much he outweighs me...I told him when I get to my goal weight I'll tell him lol
  • kristi23
    kristi23 Posts: 2
    Options
    Sharing your weight with your hubby or boyfriends is the hardest thing I think us girls will have to do. But if they love you, they wont care how much you weigh even if it is more than them. They will be there for you to encourage your weight lose. :) When I first met my Fiance back in 06 we weighed about the same which was like 170 for me which is a good weight for me being 5'11. Same for him since he is 5'10.

Then when we got pregnant with our first I weight about 200. I gained 50lbs and my baby was right there with me lol. The lowest I got down to was 215, after my first son. Then 2 yrs later when I got pregnant with our second boy, I was right around 230. Then got all the way up to 275 at 9months pregnant. Now weighing in at 229. 3 months after my son was born. :)

My point is, he was by my side the whole time, pregnant or not, cuz the year in a half between my pregnancies, I was 50lbs heavier than when we met, and he treated me just the same, never loved me any less just because I was bigger. I think telling you significant other is the best thing you can do, because they are or should be your closest friend, and your biggest support system.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    Do your hubby or boyfriend know how much you weigh? My husband has NO idea and I refuse to tell him until I'm at my goal. haha! I weigh more than he does and I HATE it! I'd be mortified if he ever found out!

Just wondering if your SO knows your weight?

omg I wud never tell my bf my real weight~ he has tried to guess and it was actually right at my goal weight so I just smiled at the fact that he has no idea and I will never tell him. When I started MFP I weighed 190, he weighed 200...hell no!

oh and did I mention he's a complete gym rat and in very good shape! yet he has never ever criticized me about my weight, he still tells me how beautiful and sexy I am. Thank goodness he likes curvy girls lol. He would never want me to be skinny nor would I - I love my lady humps