What do you eat/drink for breakfast?

Options
13»

Replies

• willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I have eggs every morning. Love eggs!

I no longer eat grains or processed foods so no cereals, etc. for me. When I still ate grains my favorite breakfast was steel cut oats with a scoop of protein powder added. A special treat was adding chocolate protein powder & a few drops of peppermint extract or coconut extract. I'd sometimes add a tablespoon of virgin coconut oil. Never added milk.
  • thershey
    thershey Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Some of my breakfast staples

multigrain english muffin with egg whites, 1 slice of low fat cheese and 2 slices of turkey bacon.

Cereal - Cheerios any of the flavors are good

Oatmeal- Plain or flavored

2 Multigrain Eggo Waffles with a little peanut butter and a tsp of low fat syrup.

These are all good choices and they hold me over until lunch, sometimes I have a piece of fruit also, if not I take my piece of fruit to work and have it later if I start to get hungry before lunch.

Hope this helps!
  • FATJAKE5
    FATJAKE5 Posts: 162
    Options
    This is my base breakfast, recommended by my cardiologist

Quaker Oats - Old Fashioned 100% Whole Grain. 0.5 cup dry cooked with 1 cup water
    Blueberries - Raw, 0.5 cup
    Kirkland Signature - Almonds - Supreme Whole 28g
    Total 361 calories, 9g sugar
    Add 1 cup of coffee with 1Tbsp sugar free creamer adds 17 calories and 0 sugar
    I drink a pint of water before and after breakfast

If I cannot find fresh blueberries, I sustitute a 6" to 7" banana which does have more sugar or a small apple cored and diced and mixed into the oatmeal then nuke 1 minute more, sprinkle cinnamon and "Equal Classic" on top,and let it rest a couple of minutes. It isn't quite good as apple pie but smells like it.
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    4 egg whites and 1/4c plain oats. 2 cups of coffee with splenda and 6 tsp of powder creamer. 207 calories.
    Sometimes I will add in a whole egg as well
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    Nothing and water.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I usually just swallow my shame, and call myself a cab in the morning.

I left you money on the dresser.

:flowerforyou:
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Lite soymilk, 32g of peanut butter (eaten off a spoon), and a protein shake. And I don't track sugars...
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I usually just swallow my shame, and call myself a cab in the morning.

I left you money on the dresser.

:flowerforyou:

lolol....
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Today I had two plain rice cakes with 2 Tbs of Better 'N Peanut Butter (low sodium). It was delicious and very filling.
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    - 1 slice of sourdough bread (45g)
    - 1/2 cup arugula (or spinach)
    - 4 grape tomatoes, halved
    - 1/2 tsp olive oil
    - 1/2 tsp balsamic vinaigrette
    - 1 tbsp parmesan cheese

Top the bread slice with the remaining ingredients, and place in a toaster oven until brown/whatever your preference.

201 calories, 25g carbs, 8g fat, 8g protein, 1g sugar
  • JenHol79
    JenHol79 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Flax seed muffin in a mug: 1 egg, 1/4 C ground flax seed, 1/2 t baking powder, 1 t cinnamon and a squirt of honey. Mix all in a mug and stick in microwave for 45 sec and check to see if done. I spray the mug with cooking spray lightly first.
    I also make old fashion oats and add a cut up apple, sprinkle cinnamon and add a dash of honey. Sometimes Ezekiel raisin bread and Chobani yogurt, banana, protein shake just to name a few different things.
  • Toddahlie
    Toddahlie Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I eat a homemade oatmeal bar with almond and walnut and I drink Soy Milk Ades!
  • maiaroman18
    maiaroman18 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    oatmeal (not the prepackaged kind, since it's high in sugar) or a bowl of cheerios
    banana
    glass of water