Do you eat even if you aren't hungry?

Options
1235»

Replies

• Amberh82
    Amberh82 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    You're within 100 calories of your goal every day. I doubt you do that by accident or happenstance or just listening to your body. You plan the numbers and execute the plan.

That's not really how it happens. It's just habit, if there's a plan it happens subconsciously. When I got here I was eating around 1300 calories a day, a few hundred more on days that I exercised. I increased my calories to get past a plateau according to IPOARM. It wasn't hard to work that extra 400 calories into my routine, and now this is habit.

I still only eat when I'm hungry. Some days I eat breakfast, lunch, dinner; some days I skip meals; some days I do nothing but snack; it always adds up the same in the end. I am a magical unicorn.
    The OP is off by hundreds of calories quite often. She needs to understand that she has to get closer to her goal, whether or not she is "hungry."

I agree, but she asked us what we do!

Once again - I am normally NOT hundreds under my goal. If you are just looking at this past weekend and Monday, yes, due to several reasons (like I posted earlier plus I didn't wake up until noon some days). You need to look at earlier in the week and weeks past, not just the past few days. But yes, I also think some of it is the eating a lot on some days and then not enough on other days might be messing with me...
  • jdhoward_101
    jdhoward_101 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I eat three meals a day, but they are mostly based on when i am hungry; so one day i could be having lunch at 11:45am, the next it could be 1:30pm. Same with dinner. The only meal i consistently have at the same time every day is breakfast, and that's because i have it as soon as i get to work as it's a 40 minute walk in. I'm fairly easy with snack throughout the day too, as long as i don't go over my daily calorie allowance, then i take those when my body tells me it wants them.
  • shellyenglersnyder
    shellyenglersnyder Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yes. I typically eat to AVOID feeling hungry.