Fat flush water

i t this on my facebook page... though i haven't tried it yet, i plan to and though...hmmm seems like a tasty way to flush fat away and get in some more water and vitamins and nutrients. how you all like it and if anyone has used this before, please post results.

FAT FLUSH WATER !!!

You should drink at least three 8 oz glasses per day, they say the longer it sits, the better it tastes. You can eat them as well but they are intended as flavoring and still work, so that is a personal choice. The Vita...min C turns fat into fuel, the tangerine increases your sensitivity to insulin, and the cucumber makes you feel full. Try it for 10 days and see what you think!

Ingredients per 8 oz serving

Water
1 slice grapefruit
1 tangerine
½ cucumber, sliced
2 peppermint leaves
Ice – as much as you like

Directions
Wash grapefruit, tangerine cucumber and peppermint leaves. Slice cucumber, grapefruit and tangerine (or peel). Combine all ingredients (fruits, vegetables, 8 oz water, and ice) into a large pitcher.

Stir & Enjoy!

:drinker:

Replies

• bokodasu
    bokodasu Posts: 629 Member
    This... no. Well, yes, because it's a tasty way to get water into you, but it's not flushing fat, it's just hydrating you. Cucumber and mint are mild diuretics so you might drop some water weight.

My favorite thing to drink in the summer is water with cucumber, mint, and lime, because it's delicious and refreshing. But sorry, not a miracle weight loss solution.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Can't flush fat away. But there's no harm in drinking the water. Sounds tasty.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    This... no. Well, yes, because it's a tasty way to get water into you, but it's not flushing fat, it's just hydrating you. Cucumber and mint are mild diuretics so you might drop some water weight.

My favorite thing to drink in the summer is water with cucumber, mint, and lime, because it's delicious and refreshing. But sorry, not a miracle weight loss solution.
    ^This.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    You cannot "flush fat away" with citrus water. You lose fat by creating a calorie deficit. This will just hydrate you and maybe reduce bloat.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Very honestly, there is no way that you can flush fat. You have to metabolize it, and most of the by-products are exhaled, not excreted in urine or feces. Remember Susan Powter and her motto: breathe in oxygen, breathe out fat. There's truth to that.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    I threw a piece of bacon down the toilet.
  • jessilyn76
    jessilyn76 Posts: 532 Member
    You cannot "flush fat away" with citrus water. You lose fat by creating a calorie deficit. This will just hydrate you and maybe reduce bloat.

If it was that easy to "flush" fat away, why would all of us be wasting our time exercising and such!!!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    you can't flush fat out of your body. it's your body's energy store, like an extra fuel tank. the way to get rid of it, is to use it as fuel. That means eating less than you burn off (but not too much less, because too big a deficit for prolonged periods of time results in your body deciding to burn off muscle mass instead, amongst other problems) so your body can use fat to make up the shortfall in energy.

anything that implies you can lose fat by sweating it out, flushing it out, pooing it out, or anything like that, is a total gimmick.

regarding hydration though - staying hydrated helps with so many things in your body, for some people being adequately hydrated helps with appetite control (i.e. knowing when they've eating enough and avoiding overeating), and so drinking lots of water can help with fat loss that way. But it's not going to be flushing away any actual fat.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,179 Member

I hope it hurt you as much as it hurt me to read it.
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    This will do nothing but hydrate you.

Water with some stuff in it will not get rid of any fat. Fat doesn't just get flushed away when you drink some flavoured water. If it did, we would all be thin.

Hard work gets rid of fat.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    I'm eating bacon right now... NOT flushing it. Never flush it.
  • purple_power61
    purple_power61 Posts: 59 Member
    it does sound like a tasty water infusion!
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member

the hell you say? :noway:
  • tranz4md1
    tranz4md1 Posts: 37 Member
    :blushing: hi everyone... i didn't mean to be misleading with the title of this drink. this is what drink is called, BUT i was not attempting to push a "miracle drink" but a tasty way to hydrate. as far as the "flushing fat" part, as stated in the original txt, the vitamin C aids in the metabolizing of the fat, and increases your sensitivity to insulin...again all aiding in metabolizing fat. maybe a small part, but step by step. i pray no one reads this and thinks no exercise and correct diet plan is neccessary for overall health.

this is just a way to get in water with the benefits of fresh citrus fruits without added sugar, salt, artificial sugars like most additives we purchase to add in our water to add flavor.

Natural, pure ingredients to perk up water. Happy health to all. Be blessed.:flowerforyou:
  • beelanc
    beelanc Posts: 71 Member

I hope it hurt you as much as it hurt me to read it.

WHYYYYYY!!! Why would you do that!!??
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    :blushing: hi everyone... i didn't mean to be misleading with the title of this drink. this is what drink is called, BUT i was not attempting to push a "miracle drink" but a tasty way to hydrate. as far as the "flushing fat" part, as stated in the original txt, the vitamin C aids in the metabolizing of the fat, and increases your sensitivity to insulin...again all aiding in metabolizing fat. maybe a small part, but step by step. i pray no one reads this and thinks no exercise and correct diet plan is neccessary for overall health.

this is just a way to get in water with the benefits of fresh citrus fruits without added sugar, salt, artificial sugars like most additives we purchase to add in our water to add flavor.

Natural, pure ingredients to perk up water. Happy health to all. Be blessed.:flowerforyou:

Thanks for clarifying :flowerforyou:

I'm sure it tastes great :)
  • tranz4md1
    tranz4md1 Posts: 37 Member
    Water isn't a magic diet supplement. Your body needs water to perform a number of essential functions, and cleansing your body of unwanted materials is one of them. Fat deposits on the body can be resilient and tough to eliminate, but lifestyle changes, including a reduced-calorie diet and regular exercise, can help you achieve this goal.

Fat Breakdown
    When the body taps its fat deposits to produce energy, the triglycerides in the fat cells are removed. These are then broken down into glycerols and fatty acids and are absorbed into your muscle tissue and internal organs, where they are broken down even further through various chemical processes. The products of these chemical processes either go for use as energy in the body or they are waste products to be removed from the body, according to the Mayo Clinic.

Role of Water
    Water is the vehicle used to remove these waste products from the body. The leftover materials of fat breakdown are then filtered out of your organs by water. The water carries these byproducts to your bladder, and they are then expelled from the body through your urine.

Drinking Water
    Water needs to be brought in throughout your day to keep you hydrated. You also need water in your system to facilitate the breakdown of fat cells. In general, the Mayo Clinic recommends consuming eight to nine glasses of water every day. You may need more water than this if you exercise during the day, which can increase the amount of water lost. Drink consistently throughout the day to continuously replenish fluids lost through your urine and your sweat.

Considerations
    Drinking large amounts of water won't clean fat deposits from your body. You need to approach fat and weight loss by making lifestyle changes that can be maintained for months and years, not just days and weeks. Exercise most days of the week and adjust your daily diet so that you are consuming fewer calories than what your body burns in a day -- this will trigger the use of fat cells to provide energy, leading to weight loss.

References
    Mayo Clinic; Body Fat: What Happens to Lost Fat?; Katherine Zeratsky, R.D., L.D.
    Oprah: How Can I Get Rid of Fat Cells?
    Mayo Clinic: Water: How Much Should You Drink Every Day?
    Article reviewed by Eric Lochridge Last updated on: Sep 30, 2011

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/545311-how-does-water-flush-fat-out-of-your-system/#ixzz2QkapmbTs
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,782 Member

Took me a minute to get that one. I think I am getting water dementia.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    This is why you should take facebook with a grain of salt. Although yummy and better than soda, do not expect any miracles.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    well that is a direction for some flavored water but not much else